*Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

It's not easy to envisage Murty getting ripped into players at half time team talks.   All his deference and humility and so on don't strike me as being the characteristics of a manager able to call a spade a spade and tell players in simple direct forceful terms they understand just exactly what they need to be doing.  More easy to envisage is a bit of a player-rabble in the dressing room with frustrations boiling over and with Murty not having enough of a commanding experience or style to establish enough grip to impose clear and direct messages.    I could be wrong of course, but he does not strike me as being the sort of guy who can galvanise enough.    And right now, in a lot of recent games, its galvanising that is needed.     No point in being analytical after a game about what might have been and so on if points are dropped.   3 points are required and he needs to get the team set up to deliver 3 points.  

Lets revisit this after the game.

If we turn it around, I dont care how he does it.

4 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Is  it my imagination, or is Morelos playing the role Miller gets slaughtered for ?

Nope, he's doing it with even less success. What is it with our players always wanting to play in front of the opposition?

Just now, cushynumber said:

I know a lot dont like him, but not even having him on the bench is absolutely shocking. Didnt he score 2 against this mob last time out?

I agree he should be at least on the bench as an option to bring on to get a goal or two unless he is injured (but I don't think he is injured)

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Murty felt on Weds against Hibs that he - like us - had to endure.   He's now managed to take that to a whole lot lower excruciating level.    Like too many recent managers before him if points are dropped he'll come out with statements about not good enough and need to do better and so on.   We can all see that and you don't get credit for that sort of obvious after-the-event type of analysis.    You do get points for getting a grip and stamping authority on things to force changes that win games.     That's what good managers do.  That's what a Rangers manager MUST be able to do.  That's why Murty is not yet in a place where he does that anywhere near enough.    Lets see how they fare in the 2nd half.   Minimum 3 points required.     

The moment managers try and get a grip of players you end up with a dressing room revolt. The players have too much power in modern day football.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Lets revisit this after the game.

If we turn it around, I dont care how he does it.

Like you I don't care how he does it.   I do question whether he has enough experience, skills and capability to do it often enough.   Maybe there is enough pride about the team as a whole to get the job done in the 2nd half.

Bench is poor....

No idea why penà isnt there..... 

Kranjar on for Candieas.

Not sure what the formation really is today. Jack and Mccrorie seem to be bottom of the Diamond.

Windass left.               Candeias Right

Morelos seems to be trying to be the striker and the point of the Diamond. 

Feel we have Shoe horned Jack in and its not worked.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Strange Pena not on the bench he would be an option in a game like this 

who is on our bench? barjonas, Hardie and nemane I bet ?

Kelly, Hodson, Bates, Hererra, Kranjcar, Barjonas, Hardie

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Strange Pena not on the bench he would be an option in a game like this 

who is on our bench? barjonas, Hardie and nemane I bet ?

15Eduardo Herrera 

17Lee Hodson 

19Niko Kranjcar 

24David Bates 

31Ryan Hardie 

32Liam Kelly 

35Jamie Barjonas  

Archived