would we have been better off if pedro had stayed?

1872Rangers1872

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

AM - Dud

KM - Dud

SM - Dud (debatable)

MW - Dud

PC - Dud

GM - Dud

?? - ???

what a shambles we’ve become 

I occasionally find myself wondering what would have become of us had McCall not been dispatched for Warburton to come in. Generally, I conclude we'd be better off today than we find ourselves. I think McCall would have got us promoted with a full season and a bit of funding equivalent to what Warburton received. I also suspect he would have proven the more flexible man in the long run, and certainly would never have misunderstood what it means to be manager of Rangers. Then I remember conceding 6 goals to Motherwell in the play offs and what that felt like...

Ah, well.

23 minutes ago, MelbourneBlue said:

I occasionally find myself wondering what would have become of us had McCall not been dispatched for Warburton to come in. Generally, I conclude we'd be better off today than we find ourselves. I think McCall would have got us promoted with a full season and a bit of funding equivalent to what Warburton received. I also suspect he would have proven the more flexible man in the long run, and certainly would never have misunderstood what it means to be manager of Rangers. Then I remember conceding 6 goals to Motherwell in the play offs and what that felt like...

Ah, well.

I thought about the Motherwell play off as I thought of SM.

at least Mohsni finished with his pride in tact lol 

Hindsight is 20/20 but I do agree we would have been better off by keeping him than not. I guess when we wanted him out we expected a new manager in that wasn't our Under 20s coach.

I still find it baffling the board crumbled to public pressure when they put their neck out for Pedro, let him spend a decent bit of cash and only giving him one transfer window. Mind you our board is incompetent!!

I didn't think Caixinha should've been in the job but when he was sacked we were 8 points off the tims and when you consider 5 of those dropped points came against Hibs and Kilmarnock after Ryan Jack had been sent off and consequently rescinded I believe those 5 dropped points would've ended up with us then I think he can feel a bit aggrieved to have been sacked so early.

With better refereeing he could've been only 3 points off the tims with a squad slowly growing in confidence then it would've been something to truly build on, I suspect Pedro would've ultimately failed if the barometer is winning the Title but if I'm being honest, I can't see anyone winning us the League for the forseeable future so can't hold that against Pedro

6 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I didn't think Caixinha should've been in the job but when he was sacked we were 8 points off the tims and when you consider 5 of those dropped points came against Hibs and Kilmarnock after Ryan Jack had been sent off and consequently rescinded I believe those 5 dropped points would've ended up with us then I think he can feel a bit aggrieved to have been sacked so early.

With better refereeing he could've been only 3 points off the tims with a squad slowly growing in confidence then it would've been something to truly build on, I suspect Pedro would've ultimately failed if the barometer is winning the Title but if I'm being honest, I can't see anyone winning us the League for the forseeable future so can't hold that against Pedro

He was done out of way more than 5 points due to bad officiating