Murty’s tactics

KeyserSoze

19 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Who is actually out that would improve the team?

Dorrans.......

Windass as striker......Who no one rates in any other position.

Cardoso, Wallace,Miller, Bates, Penà, Beerman, Wilson.A, Dalcio, Nemane, Burt,Alnwick, Hodson   none of them are an Improvement on who played.

Not sure where this Myth of Injury crisis pre game came from.

Lean squad, No depth, or just poor replacements from Bench yes.

There's very few from this team I'd keep in all honesty .. Fod, McCrorie, Dorrans, Morelos and Windass.

If Alves can knuckle down and stop being a fanny every time he doesn't feel 100% him too and also maybe Wilson as a squad option as he's faired OK under Murty and the added responsibility he's gave him. 

Alnwick for back-up goalkeeper too as he's never let us down the half a dozen or so times he's filled in.

Outwith that I'm honestly not bothered if the rest were to leave tomorrow. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Four at the back, a midfield diamond and lump the ball forward at every opportunity. 

No wingers. 

It’s horrendous if I’m being honest. 

I’m just grateful we have a honest down the middle guy taking over till we find the right man , to questions tactics etc of the under 20 coach is farcical , let’s just support the lad , he’s trying his best 

45 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes I agree we won, I agree with a depleted squad - I’m glad you agree it’s ugly football, therefore a better team will take advantage of that ugliness. 

Murty has his work cut out and has said it’s now time for him to influence the team the way he wants to   - I think he has chosen a system he often used in the unders which if I remember correctly didn’t work very well (we finished 13th before the European set up) 

If this is HIS way then we’re in for a ride

Walter was also accused of ‘ugly’ football - he seemed to beat many a ‘better’ team. 

Pragmatism may not be great but if playing ugly delivers wins then ugly it is. 

51 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’m just grateful we have a honest down the middle guy taking over till we find the right man , to questions tactics etc of the under 20 coach is farcical , let’s just support the lad , he’s trying his best 

That's not fucking good enough. He's permanent manager of Glasgow Rangers. Apparently at least til summer if not beyond.

Fuck "let's support the lad, he's trying his best".

Why not get everyone being the best, and if they're not, demand like fuck til the Board get us the best manager, or the Board and manager get us the best players.

I want a fucking winner, not a nice honest sort of guy.

Ffs, some folk need to think whether it's more important Rangers are successful or that we make allowances for nice guys that are underskilled.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That's not fucking good enough. He's permanent manager of Glasgow Rangers. Apparently at least til summer if not beyond.

Fuck "let's support the lad, he's trying his best".

Why not get everyone being the best, and if they're not, demand like fuck til the Board get us the best manager, of the Board and manager get us the best players.

I want a fucking winner, not a nice honest sort of guy.

Ffs, some folk need to think whether it's more important Rangers are successful or that we make allowances for nice guys that are underskilled.

Get him to fuck then who we getting ?? Had a so called Rangers man on the brink but he shat it and preferred his comfort zone in sheep land , if this was a normal situation with an actuall manager in place I’d agree with you but surly you can see this isn’t and Murty is just stand in coz the board are toiling 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Get him to fuck then who we getting ?? Had a so called Rangers man on the brink but he shat it and preferred his comfort zone in sheep land , if this was a normal situation with an actuall manager in place I’d agree with you but surly you can see this isn’t and Murty is just stand in coz the board are toiling 

Yes I see that. But he took the gig, hes manager.

If we tolerate failure then we do so apparently til summer.

Fuck that. Treat him like I'd treat all other permanent managers in these circumstances. And if that means he's failing badly then fuck it, him and the Board need to know about it and somehow find the solution.

Why should we excuse failure, losses, regression (if this occurs) from a person that has willingly in full knowledge of circumstances moved into the position of manager. No fucking way.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes I see that. But he took the gig, hes manager.

If we tolerate failure then we do so apparently til summer.

Fuck that. Treat him like I'd treat all other permanent managers in these circumstances. And if that means he's failing badly then fuck it, him and the Board need to know about it and somehow find the solution.

Why should we excuse failure, losses, regression (if this occurs) from a person that has willingly in full knowledge of circumstances moved into the position of manager. No fucking way.

I see this as just plod on till we get an actual manager in , turning on Murty for tactics etc will be ludicrous, there was no one else to take the job bottom line 

23 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Four at the back, a midfield diamond and lump the ball forward at every opportunity. 

No wingers. 

It’s horrendous if I’m being honest. 

I am not sure why anyone is surprised you appoint U20s coach (young) and surprise surprise you get a U20s coach...I wonder what other rabbits in the hat that  4 eyed speccy cunt Robertson has up his sleeve ..apparently Alex Neil but only if he fails at Preston?

10 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I see this as just plod on till we get an actual manager in , turning on Murty for tactics etc will be ludicrous, there was no one else to take the job bottom line 

And if that's the summer or beyond, and we drop league places in the meantime....?

We cannot allow the manager or Board to make us expensive versions of teams who tolerate and get used to being beaten by the Hamilton's and Dundees of this league. 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Ffs. Of course I’m supporting him. I just don’t like how he sets us up. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Walter was also accused of ‘ugly’ football - he seemed to beat many a ‘better’ team. 

Pragmatism may not be great but if playing ugly delivers wins then ugly it is. 

I thought Walter set us up to be very difficult to beat. Nothing ugly about that. :lol:

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I thought Walter set us up to be very difficult to beat. Nothing ugly about that. :lol:

Walter is a good East end bluenose who knows what it means to silence the bastards

The difference shows when you compare the likes of Walter to cunts who have no idea and end up at Rangers

4 hours ago, Loyaleastend said:

Walter is a good East end bluenose who knows what it means to silence the bastards

The difference shows when you compare the likes of Walter to cunts who have no idea and end up at Rangers

Murty is English and only ever played in England. Even his 4 international caps (qualified for Scotland due to his dad) were all on foreign soil.

He had no involvement with the spl let alone Rangers til he came here. I get the impression he's bought into the club, but there's no way it's ingrained in him the way it is for dyed in the wool bears.

It's a job, a club, one I'm sure he feels privileged to work for but one I'd bet he'd not give a second thought about if he wasn't an employee.

As you say, for folk to compare him with Walter.... :no:

16 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And if that's the summer or beyond, and we drop league places in the meantime....?

We cannot allow the manager or Board to make us expensive versions of teams who tolerate and get used to being beaten by the Hamilton's and Dundees of this league. 

Totally agree with the bored , their Pedro appointment and to give him money was almost catastrophic but I’m certain they’ve said to Murty please will you fill in to the end of the season , he’s probably been guaranteed his old post back to as soon as a manager is appointed, no way is this a proper managerial appointment that we start turning on the guy and dishing out abuse to him 

22 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Totally agree with the bored , their Pedro appointment and to give him money was almost catastrophic but I’m certain they’ve said to Murty please will you fill in to the end of the season , he’s probably been guaranteed his old post back to as soon as a manager is appointed, no way is this a proper managerial appointment that we start turning on the guy and dishing out abuse to him 

If he knows he's a stop gap manager who isn't working towards making the job his own after the summer, as SR has stated, then he's weaker and more of a patsy for not refusing to play their game than I gave him some credit for.

You can continue to make allowances for the guy based on your assumptions on what's happening in private.

I'll judge him as the permanent Rangers manager he currently is, who is working towards attaining the longer term contract come the summer, as he and our Managing Director have publicly stated.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What's not real about expecting a Rangers manager to beat Hamilton Kilmarnock and st Johnstone? Answer that, justify any manager who knows the squad and is now permanent not being expected to deliver far more.

This is now Murtys squad. Yes, some more may come in but given he's also inexperienced on that front, the club would be mental to give him full control of incoming and outgoing transfers . But anyway, he's always been a coach not a manager so one of his strengths should be working with players he's employed to coach, not necessarily his own.

We are relatively skint. Are you saying if we don't bring in new players this transfer window then Murty or whoever we got would be blameless for results regardless, as it was not his players? Really?

Who is demanding we win every game? Or win the league? Or beat the tarriers? You're creating a false argument that no one is arguing. But refusing to place blame on him for some awful defeats.

Good to see you've got a wee buddy there liking your posts. Given he too says Murty needs time and shouldn't be blamed (despite the players being those of every manager he argued should get more time) it really does show your train of thought for how ridiculous it is.

Clueless McLean. 

We struggle against these teams because or strength in depth is apalling and we lack talent. Otherwise yea we would beat st johnstone or Kilmarnock. 

They are now his players yea but he did not sign him, do you understand that concept? for months we have spoken about warburton and caxinhas duds, and twice murty has done better, two draws at parkhead. 

My point is every manager or stand in coach we have ever had we said "its not his players, give him a window or two then see. As its no fair." 

good luck to any coach that takes us and sees the undroppable windass because we have fuck else to use. 

And Rangers fans have always demanded a win, no matter who it is. I have heard our great walter get ripped into after a defeat. Its natural, and circumstances probably dictated. But the criticism form a youth coach standing by us when he can walk away is really just sad. Expectations are still stuck pre 2010. 

We arent the same quality of team, i see it, others do too. Loosen up a little. 

6 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

We struggle against these teams because or strength in depth is apalling and we lack talent. Otherwise yea we would beat st johnstone or Kilmarnock. 

They are now his players yea but he did not sign him, do you understand that concept? for months we have spoken about warburton and caxinhas duds, and twice murty has done better, two draws at parkhead. 

My point is every manager or stand in coach we have ever had we said "its not his players, give him a window or two then see. As its no fair." 

good luck to any coach that takes us and sees the undroppable windass because we have fuck else to use. 

And Rangers fans have always demanded a win, no matter who it is. I have heard our great walter get ripped into after a defeat. Its natural, and circumstances probably dictated. But the criticism form a youth coach standing by us when he can walk away is really just sad. Expectations are still stuck pre 2010. 

When Pedro took over he was handed a squad that wasn't his yet our fans wanted him sacked before the summer transfer window even opened.  Rightly or wrongly, demanding a manager get the most out of his players is nothing new.  We do have better players than Dundee, Hamilton, Kilmarncok, and St.Johnstone and should've gotten more out of those game.  If anything, todays result proves underperformed over the last few months.

23 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

Surely as it's not his signings it should be the players not him who get the praise? If he's not due blame for the defeats why praise for wins......? (That's tongue in cheek btw) 

He gets the critical evaluation from me as he is the manager, picks the team, should ensure the motivation is there, determines tactics etc. Same as any manager.

Today I felt Niko was the wrong starter, and shouldn't have lasted beyond half time. I still feel we could have won today had he done so, so for me that's a negative. As subs have been in other games. 

However that aside he and his team done great and they deserve huge praise, which I've given Murty and thd players plenty and some more. Happily. Especially given that excuse of strength in depth which costs us against Hamilton but not the taigs.

We can be a team of quality. Maybe not quite as before,  but enough for this league. Today and sheep games show that. And we'd be right up there if it wasn't for the losses I'm moaning about but you are excusing.

So why not keep expectations high for players manager and Board alike rather than tolerating defeats or looking for excuses.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Surely as it's not his signings it should be the players not him who get the praise? If he's not due blame for the defeats why praise for wins......? (That's tongue in cheek btw) 

He gets the critical evaluation from me as he is the manager, picks the team, should ensure the motivation is there, determines tactics etc. Same as any manager.

Today I felt Niko was the wrong starter, and shouldn't have lasted beyond half time. I still feel we could have won today had he done so, so for me that's a negative. As subs have been in other games. 

However that aside he and his team done great and they deserve huge praise, which I've given Murty and thd players plenty and some more. Happily. Especially given that excuse of strength in depth which costs us against Hamilton but not the taigs.

We can be a team of quality. Maybe not quite as before,  but enough for this league. Today and sheep games show that. And we'd be right up there if it wasn't for the losses I'm moaning about but you are excusing.

So why not keep expectations high for players manager and Board alike rather than tolerating defeats or looking for excuses.

I dont think i ever said we should tolerate defeats, and i would agree that niko was the wrong choice, but how many options do we have? Seems to be a self picked team at times due to injuries, suspension or general lack of depth. 

Also players should be criticised and praised accordingly, but my main point is that i just dont feel the proper support is there for him as it was for the two pretenders before. 

I do not want to change my ways, win every match, the Rangers way. But circumstances show us until we will have more depth and experience through out the club then we should be real, supportive of the manager and soldier on.

Criticism is welcome but it is not merited in this shape or form considering murtys experience, our team and our delusional board, and a hybrid team of warbs and caxinha. 

I think there is a difference between not tolerating defeats and throwing murty under a red white and blue bus. For me, a massive difference. 

And it seems the tune has changed a little on him after tonight. Seems we can be positive after all. 

13 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

I dont think i ever said we should tolerate defeats, and i would agree that niko was the wrong choice, but how many options do we have? Seems to be a self picked team at times due to injuries, suspension or general lack of depth. 

Also players should be criticised and praised accordingly, but my main point is that i just dont feel the proper support is there for him as it was for the two pretenders before. 

I do not want to change my ways, win every match, the Rangers way. But circumstances show us until we will have more depth and experience through out the club then we should be real, supportive of the manager and soldier on.

Criticism is welcome but it is not merited in this shape or form considering murtys experience, our team and our delusional board, and a hybrid team of warbs and caxinha. 

I think there is a difference between not tolerating defeats and throwing murty under a red white and blue bus. For me, a massive difference. 

And it seems the tune has changed a little on him after tonight. Seems we can be positive after all. 

Positive because of results. It's all I ask.

Today it more than matched my expectations, even with Walter I hoped for a draw there but often expected less.

Results make the difference. That's his job. If he does it well and gets them then like most I'll be happy and could even back keeping him on.

If he doesn't he'll get my criticism as he's failing in his job.