Murty’s tactics

KeyserSoze

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't really have any tactics.

His strength/s appeared to be his man-management and getting the players believing in themselves and some organisational skills.

But we need much, much more than that. That only settles you down for a couple of games.

As I said in the match thread Murty's problem seems to be that he talks every single week about the need for the team to be dominant on the ball, show urgency/belief and take it to the opposition ... he says it every single week but the players don't do it. That's no good.

Murty is never a full-time Rangers manager as he simply doesn't have it but these players, fuck me, words honestly fail me. I'd take great delight in having them all in an office at Auchenhowie tomorrow and just terminate every single one of the useless cunts contracts. I'd fucking love to.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He doesn't really have any tactics.

His strength/s appeared to be his man-management and getting the players believing in themselves and some organisational skills.

But we need much, much more than that. That only settles you down for a couple of games.

As I said in the match thread Murty's problem seems to be that he talks every single week about the need for the team to be dominant on the ball, show urgency/belief and take it to the opposition ... he says it every single week but the players don't do it. That's no good.

Murty is never a full-time Rangers manager as he simply doesn't have it but these players, fuck me, words honestly fail me. I'd take great delight in having them all in an office at Auchenhowie tomorrow and just terminate every single one of the useless cunts contracts. I'd fucking love to.

Its what happens when someone who is not a football manager, who has no credentials to be a Rangers football manager, whose experience is limited to coaching development teams and a spell as an emergency step-in interim manager.    No self respecting company would appoint a non-manager into the most important managerial position in the company.   They just don't.  

But Rangers under King and a useless DOF does.    And so we'll get what we pay for.  

It looks like its only going to get a lot worse this season because Murty - God bless his desire and willingness - just does not have it in his experience locker to make this work.    His tactics are the theoretical stuff like you read in a book.

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Its what happens when someone who is not a football manager, who has no credentials to be a Rangers football manager, whose experience is limited to coaching development teams and a spell as an emergency step-in interim manager.    No self respecting company would appoint a non-manager into the most important managerial position in the company.   They just don't.  

But Rangers under King and a useless DOF does.    And so we'll get what we pay for.  

It looks like its only going to get a lot worse this season because Murty - God bless his desire and willingness - just does not have it in his experience locker to make this work.    His tactics are the theoretical stuff like you read in a book.

Well said 

the guy seems a nice guy, but it will turn nasty and personal soon enough I fear, most people can see that he should’nt be there, but after Saturday then a few games in after the break folk won’t care and will have no sympathy for him, he will get it tight from all quarters. 

The guy doesn't have any idea what he's doing.  It's hard to know what our formation and game plan is at times.  It's like watching a Sunday league team.  The players look like they've given up under him as well.  This is the worst I've seen us since McCoist was managing us in the lower divisions.  If he's left in charge I don't think we'll make the top 4.

I honestly don’t think he’ll last in the job until the end of the season. Under him it’s going to be “win a couple, lose a couple”  consistently, people will stop turning up well before the end of the season and the board’s hand will be forced into appointing a proper manager. 

There is nothing that puts the fear into them more than the sight of thousands of empty blue seats.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Four at the back, a midfield diamond and lump the ball forward at every opportunity. 

No wingers. 

It’s horrendous if I’m being honest. 

He's not going to change 4 at the back, who do we have for wingers? Windas, Candias, John at a stretch all pish, and FFS don't mention Nemane or Dalcio please, as I said in the match thread it just looks like he threw shit at the wall and see what sticks, we all wanted change he gave us change and we won, wasn't pretty but with this bunch any win is a bonus.

In fairness to Murty he really is limited to what he can do. The depth of our squad is very poor right now, we have lost several key players through injury and suspensions have not helped either. Murty is in a pretty tough position. We need players back, we need new signings in and we probably need some loan players to return. For the most part, the team kinda does pick itself. Niko tonight was probably a surprise but at home to Motherwell I can understand the thinking and I thought he done okay.....................

21 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Will never get any blame from me for any poor results till the end of the season. He's in a job he shouldn't be anywhere near. Board are a joke.

That's just fucking stupid.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the job but he accepted it and these team selections etc are now down to him. 

13 minutes ago, Barasa said:

With the resources we have, I don't believe any other manager would get better results.

Sad to say, but Murty is an asset given the state of our purse.

Don’t be ridiculous

Look at what Steve Clarke is doing at Killie with inferior players to ours.