Murty sky sports

Smile

Making something out of nothing. Securing the best future just means going if someone offers more money. Scottish clubs can’t compete with the money down South. The nature of the beast was a very pertinent part of the quote. Selective quoting and misinterpretation is never a good recipe.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

If they are going to have these things all questions should be about the upcoming match. This speculation, talking about players injuries , etc is a load of nonsense. 

This is what a Rangers press conference should be like

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D_0SDksYj5Kc&ved=0ahUKEwi1yP-oj6_YAhUkK8AKHYcoDEAQwqsBCB8wAA&usg=AOvVaw1gTYX77jWu0gcqRf9iAf8U

Battle fever!    Yes.   Team and Murty sure could do with some doses of that.    Trouble is I don't see battling as being something that's one of Murty's characteristics.  

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Here is the full quotes. Not a line or two to spin it like a Daily Record article ffs. :lol:

Graeme Murty says he will understand if Carlos Pena wants to return to Mexico after an underwhelming start to his Rangers career.

The £2.5m recruit from CD Guadalajara was former Ibrox boss Pedro Caixinha's marquee summer signing.

But he was quoted this week by the Mexican press as saying he was "not ruling out a Plan B option" that would see him head back to his homeland.

The enigmatic attacker has netted five goals in 13 appearances yet has largely looked out of place in the Scottish game.

He has also slipped down Murty's pecking order following the U20s boss' promotion to first-team command, and has not started since being substituted at half-time during the December 9 clash with Ross County.

Murty has yet to discuss Pena's comments with the former Mexico international but knows a potential move could be on his mind.

= PENA IS NOT HAPPY AND WANTS TO TRANSFER

He said: "No we've not spoken yet but all players, when it comes to January, will be looking at their options, no matter whether you have a four-year deal or are in your last six months."Every player when the transfer window opens will be looking at making sure they secure the best future for themselves and their family. "I understand that - that's the nature of the beast.

= PLAYERS ARE BEING GIVEN THE OPTION OF TRANSFER

"So if you come to me and say that 'X player' has been notified that this is going to happen it wouldn't really surprise me.

"We just need to be honest and open with the player and be flexible enough to react properly."

= THE DECISION HAS COME FROM ABOVE AND HE IS LOOKING OUT FOR THE PLAYERS

"No we've not spoken yet but all players, when it comes to January, will be looking at their options, no matter whether you have a four-year deal or are in your last six months....................     Every player when the transfer window opens will be looking at making sure they secure the best future for themselves and their family."

At one level Murty's statement is just stating the obvious.   If the opportunity arose to transfer out to get better / more secure terms of employment than a player may look at the option and may want to pursue it.   Nothing new in that I think.

At another level though his statement - which presumably has some sort of backing by the DOF / Board unless he is being deliberately unwitting in what he says - could be interpreted as an open invitation to clubs to make offers for any Rangers player and the Club will listen to the offer if the player(s) are interested in the potential move.   In other words its January sales time at Rangers with incoming transfer receipts being valued more highly than keeping any player provided the value meets whatever expectation Rangers has for the player.    

I suppose Murty's comments may also open up the question of which players, if any, would Rangers definitely not want to see disappear out of the door in Jan even if the fee met or exceeded Rangers' valuation of the player.    

Personally I'm expecting to see an exodus of the Pedro-signed foreign players in addition to Pena who seems to have a Plan B already in motion.    

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

"No we've not spoken yet but all players, when it comes to January, will be looking at their options, no matter whether you have a four-year deal or are in your last six months....................     Every player when the transfer window opens will be looking at making sure they secure the best future for themselves and their family."

At one level Murty's statement is just stating the obvious.   If the opportunity arose to transfer out to get better / more secure terms of employment than a player may look at the option and may want to pursue it.   Nothing new in that I think.

At another level though his statement - which presumably has some sort of backing by the DOF / Board unless he is being deliberately unwitting in what he says - could be interpreted as an open invitation to clubs to make offers for any Rangers player and the Club will listen to the offer if the player(s) are interested in the potential move.   In other words its January sales time at Rangers with incoming transfer receipts being valued more highly than keeping any player provided the value meets whatever expectation Rangers has for the player.    

I suppose Murty's comments may also open up the question of which players, if any, would Rangers definitely not want to see disappear out of the door in Jan even if the fee met or exceeded Rangers' valuation of the player.    

Personally I'm expecting to see an exodus of the Pedro-signed foreign players in addition to Pena who seems to have a Plan B already in motion.    

I think this board will sell anyone who has any value whatsoever regardless of how it affects the team.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I think this board will sell anyone who has any value whatsoever regardless of how it affects the team.

Every player has a price, in every club, in every country.

This is not some big revelation. Murty is just saying the usual that gets said at transfer windows by most gaffers.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I think you are right on this.   When I read Murty's comments it prompted me to think about which players I'd be concerned about leaving the Club in Jan.   Unfortunately no names came to mind.   That's not to say a wholesale clearance is about to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Mexicans left and if Alves, Candeias and Cardoso all left.   

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Every player has a price, in every club, in every country.

This is not some big revelation. Murty is just saying the usual that gets said at transfer windows by most gaffers.

At our Club we sell cheap or payoff players even just give them away to rival teams. It's not the way Forward.

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I think you are right on this.   When I read Murty's comments it prompted me to think about which players I'd be concerned about leaving the Club in Jan.   Unfortunately no names came to mind.   That's not to say a wholesale clearance is about to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Mexicans left and if Alves, Candeias and Cardoso all left.   

I think most of Pedro's signing will be away hopefully we get some money back on them and do not just pay them off to see them sign on with someone else a few days later.

Very strange words. But basically him telling us that the squad is shite and there'll be no one stopped from leaving if they get the chance. Perhaps he's told a few that they should be looking elsewhere.  

I wouldn't say it was the usual that a manager comes out with, usually they say stuff like 'all the players have contracts and there's been no offers made and we'd like to keep our whole squad'