adamtricky

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Your saying that like McInnes has some huge list of managerial achievements ?

If I’d to pick one or the other I’d take McCall, I said as much before we even officially approached McInnes. Hes worked under better managers, hes taken Motherwell to the best finish in years and into champions league qualification, he knows our league, as well as the English leagues, has worked at national level, took Bradford to the playoff final last season and is on course for it this season...

Derek McInnes has had a cooshy wee number for the last 4 years, and probably believes that we’re in such a mess that its not about to change much anytime soon. Hes a decent manager at the moment, and no more. Hes certainly not miles ahead of people like McCall or Wright for me.

I’d have fancied Mcalls chances of at least matching McInnes “achievements” at the sheep. 

All good points and put better than I could.

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Mcinnes is a considerably better manager than McCall. I'm honestly stunned anyone would attempt to say otherwise. It's just another mental RM moment that happens every so often lol. 

:duh: Jesus fuck mate, its called an opinion 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Did McCall impress people when he was our manager or something?

And please don't mention the players he had at his disposal. Really, really poor excuse for managers, one that I only see on Rangers forums.

Not particularly. Most felt sorry for him, he simply couldnt say no to us when we were in an even worst state than we are now. But then atleast he had the balls to take the job on. 

He impressed me when he led Motherwell, at the time the most skint club in the league, to 3rd, 2nd and 2nd. Thats not matching up to McInnes’s record, no?

12 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Not particularly. Most felt sorry for him, he simply couldnt say no to us when we were in an even worst state than we are now. But then atleast he had the balls to take the job on. 

He impressed me when he led Motherwell, at the time the most skint club in the league, to 3rd, 2nd and 2nd. Thats not matching up to McInnes’s record, no?

I just don't rate him at all as we've seen him work first hand at our club.

He done decent with Motherwell but was never properly tested as clubs like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd & Aberdeen were in freefall, and we were obviously out of the league. McInnes first full season as sheep manager he came 2 points behind Motherwell, and the following season McCall was punted after 9 defeats in 13.

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

He done decent with Motherwell but was never properly tested as clubs like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd & Aberdeen were in freefall, and we were obviously out of the league. McInnes first full season as sheep manager he came 2 points behind Motherwell, and the following season McCall was punted after 9 defeats in 13.

Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and us were not exactly strong when Aberdeen finished 2nd so does that not count either?

Not sure all your dates marry up either, Dundee United went into freefall round about the time McCall got punted from Motherwell after selling all their good players to the beggars.

15 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I dont know what you were expecting from him when you saw him here? Have you looked back at the side that took to the field against Motherwell? We were lucky to even make the play offs and until he came in it looked like we wouldnt. He deserved another season, for me, or atleast a transfer window and the opportunity to work with a team thats not lumbered with 5 newcastle youths, none of which can play, and bilel mohsni. 

He did more than decent at Motherwell, leading them to 2nd twice whilst losing all his players is not decent. He couldnt just keep it going forever, it doesnt work like that. Derek McInnes has had a steady club, the best budget of any sheep manager in years, and the advantage of playing in a league without us, hearts, hibs, and dundee utd. Hes done what hes been expected to do and absolutely zero more.

And all the while, the job McCalls currently doing is being swept aside.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and us were not exactly strong when Aberdeen finished 2nd so does that not count either?

Not sure all your dates marry up either, Dundee United went into freefall round about the time McCall got punted from Motherwell after selling all their good players to the beggars.

McInnes has had more 2nd place finishes than McCall and has done it against us (we maybe pish, but spent about +£10m more than them over two seasons) & a strong Hearts. Well on his way to doing it again this year with the added challenge of a strong Hibs. 

Both average managers. But I personally think McInnes is the better of the two.

Neither good enough for us.

It matters not a fuck who is better than who and it's all a matter of opinion. We just appear to go round in circles on the managerial debate.

What is fact, is that there are no top managers in this backwater, including Brenda, who's record shows that he cannot beat our very inexperienced manager on both occasions they have faced off.

Managerial reputations are worthless, unless you are in the Pep G class. They can be as big a liabilty as the players they bring in, but at least a bad player is amongst a team of 11, when a manager stands on his own. The buck stops at him for performances. He can only but prepare them and when they cross that white line, it's down to the team.

There are so many variables that can affect wether a manager succeeds or not. eg quality of squad, depth of squad, club culture, money, rivals and so the list goes on. The reality we have is that we are skint, with a squad of mediocrity, but one positive is that they can be improved. 

All managers are a fucking gamble. No guarantees and Murty has inherited a very tall order, with matters off the park nothing less than turmoil to add to the problem.

We have no place to go managerially with the state we are in, so the least we can do is get behind the management team and hope they can deliver at least an EL spot.

We need to get real, because we have Murty simply because we are skint. He is not the cause of that, nor for the lack of quality in that squad, but I can see he is doing his utmost to get the best out of and Jimmy Nic is a big asset to help him get that.

Murty deserves a shot at the title and there are no others, and he and Jimmy Nic deserves our support.

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

McInnes has had more 2nd place finishes than McCall and has done it against us (we maybe pish, but spent about +£10m more than them over two seasons) & a strong Hearts. Well on his way to doing it again this year with the added challenge of a strong Hibs. 

Both average managers. But I personally think McInnes is the better of the two.

Neither good enough for us.

Who's to say McCall wouldn't have done a similar job with a similar budget? It's all conjecture but he has over-achieved before.

If McCall takes an unfancied Bradford City up this season then i would say that trumps anything McInnes done in England, he got punted after losing 7 games in a row.

But aye, i would agree that none of them 2 are good enough for us, i never wanted McInnes but began to warm to him when it looked like he would be appointed.

47 minutes ago, PRW. said:

He won't secure second.

And if he did it wouldn't automatically mean he deserves the job. 

I think he might , but I do agree with you're second point , we have to see some sign of progress as well . 

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I think he might , but I do agree with you're second point , we have to see some sign of progress as well . 

Second is progress.

Why wouldn't he deserve the job as a consequence?

We deserve better? In Scotland that would be Brenda if Murty is second to him? Anyone else in mind that this sorry state we are in that we can actually afford?

39 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Agreed. If he continues losing to shite but Aberdeen capitulate and we get 2nd place. Does he deserve the job? Course not.

Got to consider all things. Is he improving as a manager? Is he makes less mistakes? Better decisions? Did his January transfer business work out? Is he improving the players? Is he getting them to play for him? 

Lot of things to consider come the end of the season.

22 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Second is progress.

We deserve better? In Scotland that would be Brenda if Murty is second to him? Anyone else in mind that this sorry state we are in that we can actually afford?

Doesn't work like that. Manager A finished above Manager B so A must be a better manager? Nope.

Clarke is a better manager than Murty at this moment in time, yet we're well ahead of them. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Second is progress.

Not always . The sheep could go through a bad spell dropping points everywhere , and we pip them by a point or two ,  doesn't necessarily mean we've improved as a team . 

What are we behind the sheep ? 3 points ? So if things remain the same all season except they lose a game and we win , that in itself is enough ? 

For a start , I'd like to see the level of attitude and commitment we showed on Saturday as the norm . I also think we struggle to break down teams , particularly the ' lesser ' teams at Ibrox . We need to improve on that and expect it every time we play them . 

The bar has been set that low that I don't think it's a big ask tbh . and if we can't raise the bar then I don't think you can claim progress even if we do get that second spot.