Jimmy Nicholl

adamtricky

1 hour ago, JograBear said:

Since when was having the second highest budget by far and coming in second success? It should be a basic standard. Success is winning. 

It's called achieving your objective.

I suggest you go and have a word with dinky dave to provide the budget to make a challenge for top spot.

Not much point in budgeting for a mini, when you've you've got to race a Ferrari.

I take it you do understand the difference between being skint and being wealthy. That last magician we had lost his hat!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, WWTC said:

If Murty was appointed after long term planning by the board or instantly replaced Pedro when he left the club then it might have been a more respectable appointment. The fact is, its a huge gamble taken by a clueless, skint, board after nearly two months of deliberating, and in doing so we have a complete novice in charge of team during one of our most important and challenging times. 

We could get lucky and Murty could lead us to second and win a cup, and go on and challenge the tims next season. Nothing he does will get away from the fact he shouldnt have been appointed in the first place. A board with long term planning, brains, and funds, would not have appointed Murty. 

If - if - if but Murty is in charge and if he does well he deserves the job. 

The next best thing to having Michael O'Neill at Ibrox. Has worked wonders with limited resources with the Northern Ireland nation team as well as countless other clubs.  He knows how to set a team up to defend properly and If Jimmy can have us defend a 1 nill lead, then we will win more than we lose. 

A good appointment in my opinion to help us to a consolidate and build to challenge. 

Me thinks that G. Murty will be our manager indefinitely untill something goes badly wrong. 

Sir Walter was an underwhelming appointment and that just turned out fine. 

49 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Interesting to see where Michael O’Neill goes from now till end of the season.

Has his contract ran out with NI or does clubs still need to pay a release clause? Could be waiting till deal runs out if it’s this summer.

Michael O'Neill is going no where.

He has 2 years left on his contract, and been offered a new enhanced 6 year deal.

He's already said the other week it would be very hard for him to leave Northern Ireland.

I've said all along he'll stay, certainly not leave us to go and manage Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Michael O'Neill is going no where.

He has 2 years left on his contract, and been offered a new enhanced 6 year deal.

He's already said the other week it would be very hard for him to leave Northern Ireland.

I've said all along he'll stay, certainly not leave us to go and manage Scotland.

That’s the end of that one then!

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'm happy with the appointment. Jimmy will bring a lot if experience to the management team and can advice Murty when required.

What will JJ's role be now? Manage the youths or assistant to the assistant manager?

Number 3 still I’d imagine.

10 hours ago, ORCHARD LOYAL said:

The next best thing to having Michael O'Neill at Ibrox. Has worked wonders with limited resources with the Northern Ireland nation team as well as countless other clubs.  He knows how to set a team up to defend properly and If Jimmy can have us defend a 1 nill lead, then we will win more than we lose. 

A good appointment in my opinion to help us to a consolidate and build to challenge. 

Me thinks that G. Murty will be our manager indefinitely untill something goes badly wrong. 

Sir Walter was an underwhelming appointment and that just turned out fine. 

“Countless other clubs” being Shamrock Rovers and Brechin City? We need a manager with experience of bigger clubs than those.

Not disputing he has done great things with NI but we have to approach games with a different attitude than that of plucky underdogs.

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'm happy with the appointment. Jimmy will bring a lot if experience to the management team and can advice Murty when required.

What will JJ's role be now? Manage the youths or assistant to the assistant manager?

Ive seen this question asked a few times now, JJ’s role was never assistant manager so it shouldnt change I wouldnt think. 

I would be delighted to welcome chicken legs back home..he gave me the perfect Birthday gift when his Raith Rovers team defeated the scum at Ibrox..Ive no doubt he will be able to motivate most of our squad and remind them what playing in that jersey means.. 

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

“Countless other clubs” being Shamrock Rovers and Brechin City? We need a manager with experience of bigger clubs than those.

Not disputing he has done great things with NI but we have to approach games with a different attitude than that of plucky underdogs.

He's talking about Jimmy Nic, mate. Not Michael O'Neill.

Why is this taking so long? So fucking typical of us. Murty says last fucking week that a cunt could be in before the weekend, yet here we are the best part of a week later still twiddling our fucking thumbs over a seemingly straightforward appointment

this board is a fucking whitey.

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

Why is this taking so long? So fucking typical of us. Murty says last fucking week that a cunt could be in before the weekend, yet here we are the best part of a week later still twiddling our fucking thumbs over a seemingly straightforward appointment

I’m raging! 

31 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I’m sure he had a game last night (Falkirk) and meeting up with us to head to Florida which I’m sure his paperwork would have been done well in advance of leaving.

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

are you sure that's what murty said? He's always been such a polite young man & good to his mother.

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

giphy.gif