Do you want the OBFA repealed ?

Bad Robot

Do you want the OBFA repealed ?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the OBFA repealed ?

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

So are we not then better keeping so there’s parity ?

I don’t give a fuck how many tarriers are lifted or not lifted. I’d rather zero football fans were lifted under this bill, because it shouldn’t exist.

Hundreds of bears are dragged through the courts for fuck all, interfering with their lives. 

How could you vote no to stopping this bill? 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Bad Robot said:

A breach was always jailing people at the game and in reality, it’s not getting repealed anytime soon

Aye but jailing people for what,that's the difference. You weren't getting lifted and banned for singing fathers advice or whatever 10-20 years ago.

7 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I don’t give a fuck how many tarriers are lifted or not lifted. I’d rather zero football fans were lifted under this bill, because it shouldn’t exist.

Hundreds of bears are dragged through the courts for fuck all, interfering with their lives. 

How could you vote no to stopping this bill? 

Because hundreds of Bears will get dragged through the court under all other laws while the fenians walk on political grounds. If you don’t realise that shouting fuck the pope or fenian bastards out in the street or in a stadium is going to get you Police attention then I give up. Don’t give the police the ammo to lift you, it is quite simple.

58 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Because hundreds of Bears will get dragged through the court under all other laws while the fenians walk on political grounds. If you don’t realise that shouting fuck the pope or fenian bastards out in the street or in a stadium is going to get you Police attention then I give up. Don’t give the police the ammo to lift you, it is quite simple.

Don't you understand that any number of songs could get you lifted under OBFA but far fewer would conceivable see any intervention under BOP or any other law?

Rangers fans have been charged singing BMG and Father's Advice under OBFA. Singing these songs in a football stadium isn't going to result in a BOP charge, what other charges could be leveled at you for singing these songs other than OBFA?

There a couple of basket case songs which were twisted as being racist (famine song for one) which may attract police attention and possibly TBB due to previous legal precedent although they are about the only ones that could see you in hot water. 

Yes, shouting FB may still get you in trouble. There were and far more that you would need to worry about under OBFA.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

You think boys only get arrested for shouting fuck the pope or fenian bastards?

I’ll assume you don’t know anyone thats been lifted under the act then, or know much about it all. 

If only it was as simple as you’re making out.

21 minutes ago, PRW. said:

You think boys only get arrested for shouting fuck the pope or fenian bastards?

I’ll assume you don’t know anyone thats been lifted under the act then, or know much about it all. 

If only it was as simple as you’re making out.

No don’t personally know anyone whose been lifted under, used to read about people being charged or sentenced in the rags but I’ve not regularly read these rags for years. I know enough about it by not to be charged with it.

One thing I'll gibe credit to the States for is their 1st amendment and protection of free speech.

The very concept of "hate speech" as defined in UK law is nothing more than the authoritarian wet dream of the cultural neo Marxists who love nothing better than attacking working class white men.

41 minutes ago, Gersey said:

Don't you understand that any number of songs could get you lifted under OBFA but far fewer would conceivable see any intervention under BOP or any other law?

Rangers fans have been charged singing BMG and Father's Advice under OBFA. Singing these songs in a football stadium isn't going to result in a BOP charge, what other charges could be leveled at you for singing these songs other than OBFA?

There a couple of basket case songs which were twisted as being racist (famine song for one) which may attract police attention and possibly TBB due to previous legal precedent although they are about the only ones that could see you in hot water. 

Yes, shouting FB may still get you in trouble. There were and far more that you would need to worry about under OBFA.

To tell you the truth I wouldn’t stop singing BMG or FA in front of the police although I’d stop at the add ins, the famine song and TBB different story although I’ve no issues singing the TBB minus the fenian blood line 

16 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

To tell you the truth I wouldn’t stop singing BMG or FA in front of the police although I’d stop at the add ins, the famine song and TBB different story although I’ve no issues singing the TBB minus the fenian blood line 

Why does the fenian blood line offend?

A fenian has never ever meant Catholic 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Why does the fenian blood line offend?

A fenian has never ever meant Catholic 

As far as I’m concerned it’s an anti British Irish Republican cunt but the courts along with the RC church have ensured it’s interpreted as a Catholic. I want TBB back and think we change it to Fenian H*** which also turns H** back on them 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

As far as I’m concerned it’s an anti British Irish Republican cunt but the courts along with the RC church have ensured it’s interpreted as a Catholic. I want TBB back and think we change it to Fenian H*** which also turns H** back on them 

Why?

They ain't ever going to allow the word fenian in it. So.if.you want to.change it, it would need to be completely changed

Change to eyebrows and everyone will be happy 

6 minutes ago, jimgers said:

The Tarriers are desperate to get this law, the law they virtually  begged for, abolished. So i would keep it, if for nothing else than to appose them.

Even tho just as many bears get arrested as tarriers due to it

right ye are

Some mental posts in here 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Why?

They ain't ever going to allow the word fenian in it. So.if.you want to.change it, it would need to be completely changed

Change to eyebrows and everyone will be happy 

because the word fenian isnt offensive, it’s the context with the word blood, thought we’d already changed it to big trophies ?

6 hours ago, PRW. said:

Even tho just as many bears get arrested as tarriers due to it

right ye are

Some mental posts in here 

Many Bears were getting arrested before this law came in, and many Bears will get arrested after it's gone. The only difference is or was, the Tarriers were getting arrested under this law.  They won't when it's gone, anyone thinking any new legislation , their like mined people in the SNP,  judiciary and Police will bring in as a replacement.  Will include their terrorist glorification, political slogans and sectarian banners especially as they made such a mistake with this OBFA law, that allowed them to get caught up in it's legislation, is certainly mental. It will be our support and only our support that will be targeted, should they replace the current OBFA with a new RangersOBFA law.

10 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

In two minds over this one. Have voted yes as its a ridiculous law designed to target a certain section of society and Rangers fans in particular. The fact it purely targets football fans and is to protect against sectarianism is morally and surely legally corrupt. The bit that makes me unsure is that there is a reason that celtic fans are wanting it repealed now, and they are the most self serving fans in the country. More of them are getting done and they don't like it. And, I do believe the snpira will try and replace it with a more specific act that will make it harder for us to celebrate our culture, and will give the poor impoverished east side fans free reign to sing all the hate songs they want. 

The certain section of society targeted was Rangers fans singular. I heard one of the ministers responsible for the introduction talking about the "anti Irish and anti catholic" reasoning behind the Bill at the time of it's introduction, and wondering about where the anti Unionist and anti Protestant element fitted in to this particular piece of legislation.

Of course the fact that the PUL community could be considered victims of the behaviour prescribed in the law was not thought about at the time by those championing  its introduction, particularly by those Upside Down Brigade types who thought that the law would only be used to hammer those Big Bad Rangers fans. The ultimate irony now being, that those who were most responsible for the introduction of OBFA became the most vehement of it's decriers. I for one believe that this idiotic law would never have come to pass if it had not been for THEM running to teacher, their MP, their MSP, The Pope, The Irish Prime Tattie Howker, UEFA, FIFA, & POTUS about those Big Bad Rangers fans calling them names.

SNPolice Scotland come in for a lot of justified criticism on this forum, however they deserve a bit of credit for retaining some integrity by enforcing the law, however bad, across the board. Make no mistake, if this law had been enforced only against it's intended target, then we would not have been within a million miles of it's repeal.