Rangers Observer On Wilson

ForeverAndEver

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

People criticising the author ought to have a word with themselves as there’s enough haters out there without unnecessary putting the boot into one of our own.

So what if he’s not been to Ibrox, he supports us and buys merchandise, RTV etc. so he’s still a fan, the same as the ST holder, the shareholder, the old guy in the pub who sits with his half pint watching us without actually putting money direct to the club.

Maybe the bitter person is looking at you in the mirror ?

Why not critique a ‘supporter’ who has written a quite embarrassing article spittle bile at one of our players. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, JR said:

So you're saying we can't criticise one of our own...that wrote a blog post criticising..one of our own?

Like him or not, Danny is/was a Rangers player, if you write a blog piece on that and put it out there, you need to be prepared for incoming. Good and bad. 

Everyone can criticise but it seems it doesn’t take much on here to put the boot into fellow supporters.

The reason DW is being criticised is that he’s jumping ship halfway through a season with a couple of trophies to play for. DW like 90% of players doesn’t give a fuck about Rangers and cares about inflating an already fat bank balance which IMO is nothing more than greed. I don’t see the need for the over the top reactions to some guy writing a blog. Have the same people made the same critique of the craig moore orange strip author, probably not

14 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Am i blatantly missing something obvious here? The guy is correct in what he says...

He talks about the MLS as some retirement home when in actual fact it' several levels above our shit pit. The guys a fucking moron who still thinks American football is what it was 10-15 Years back. Cunt doesn't have a single clue about football and his articles are like some severing child breaking crayons on a drawing pad.

12 hours ago, The Beast said:

It reminds me of the snide board statement about McInnes.

Both were petty and bitter and refelcted very badly on the small men who wrote them.

The board have been at it years.... they tried the same shite with Boyd and his non existent contract too.

As to the two bellends at RO, suffice to say the two nodding dogs are there to do their sponsors bidding. Mind you one of them must be getting tired out hawking his arse round the RSC.

25 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He talks about the MLS as some retirement home when in actual fact it' several levels above our shit pit. The guys a fucking moron who still thinks American football is what it was 10-15 Years back. Cunt doesn't have a single clue about football and his articles are like some severing child breaking crayons on a drawing pad.

Is it really "better" though? I don't know anyone that ever watches it for one.

All I see is a retirement home for 35 year old big names, and the younger big names clearly leave Europe to go there for an all expenses paid holiday whilst getting paid big wages for the privilege.

With not much coverage worldwide and not very big viewing numbers for a country of 325,000,000. It might have technically better players and more money, but it ain't actually better than home.

6 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

All I see is a retirement home for 35 year old big names, and the younger big names clearly leave Europe to go there for an all expenses paid holiday whilst getting paid big wages for the privilege.

With not much coverage worldwide and not very big viewing numbers for a country of 325,000,000. It might have technically better players and more money, but it ain't actually better than home.

Eh if course it is. You only need to look at the players playing there for goodness sake. 

It's miles ahead of us 

The retirement home could be said about us too, Niko, Alves ect.

The MLS has been improving every season and the standard has improved ten fold since the days of Beckham moving over there. Their brand continues to grow while Scotland's plummets. Our TV deal sees us as one of the poorest full time leages about.

You talk about worldwide coverage, you realise the MLS is broadcast in more countries, has more sponsorships and demand than the SPFL? Honestly I can't grasp how folk don't know this stuff. Its like they are still stuck in 1998 

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Also why is this guy so bitter over Wilson of all people? It's not as af we are losing a world class player or anything. We'll sign many more players with the same ability for years to come.

He's passing on a subliminal message on behalf of someone else 

?

10 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

He's passing on a subliminal message on behalf of someone else 

?

Yep exactly this.

It's not so subliminal. It's the unofficial communication channel for the board. 

It's exactly in line with the sneaky shadowy weasely way that Paul Murray operates. It would not surprise me one bit if he's the boardroom coordinator for the RO stooges.

54 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Yes. Comfortably better.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Everyone can criticise but it seems it doesn’t take much on here to put the boot into fellow supporters.

The reason DW is being criticised is that he’s jumping ship halfway through a season with a couple of trophies to play for. DW like 90% of players doesn’t give a fuck about Rangers and cares about inflating an already fat bank balance which IMO is nothing more than greed. I don’t see the need for the over the top reactions to some guy writing a blog. Have the same people made the same critique of the craig moore orange strip author, probably not

Has he been offered a contract?

The article is by definition factual, the grey area is the undercurrent message throughout the entire article.

My own viewpoint of the situation is DW has been offered an opportunity to improve his family's lifestyle and in the process be rewarded financially in excess of his current earnings.

The many on here who are questioning DW's ambitions are entitled to their opinions, I would however ask them if in their professional life they were given the opportunity to move to a more amenable climate and earn 3 to 4 times their salary would they refuse to move.

Added to this is Danny's wife is an American citizen and may wish to return home, no one on here knows whether the club were going to offer Danny a new contract at the end of his current deal.

I thank Danny for his service over his two spells at the club and wish him well in his future.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Eh if course it is. You only need to look at the players playing there for goodness sake. 

It's miles ahead of us 

The retirement home could be said about us too, Niko, Alves ect.

The MLS has been improving every season and the standard has improved ten fold since the days of Beckham moving over there. Their brand continues to grow while Scotland's plummets. Our TV deal sees us as one of the poorest full time leages about.

You talk about worldwide coverage, you realise the MLS is broadcast in more countries, has more sponsorships and demand than the SPFL? Honestly I can't grasp how folk don't know this stuff. Its like they are still stuck in 1998 

I watch a lot of the MLS, ever since the emergence of New York City FC, and much of it is a woeful standard. Entertaining much of the time but invariably for the wrong reasons. It will improve though and in 10 years will be much better than it is now.