Please board give us a real manager

GeeSS

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Pedro took over a failing team that was already 30 points behind celtic.  He was literally handed a bag of shite for a squad and people like you wanted him sacked before the season because he couldn't turn it around with a couple of months.  There was also no time given for his signings to settle in as after a bad European result he was yet again to be sacked.

If that was your attitude then, then why is it any different for Murty?  Murty had failed and deserves no benefit of doubt as none was shown to previous managers.  If we're being consistent then Murty should be removed immediately and I'm sure you of all people would agree.  

Or you could say that Pedro C took over a failing team created by Warburton and a team that under Murty as caretaker following Warburton departure began to show some signs of improvement. That improvement stopped almost immediately Pedro took over. Pedro C then publicly dissed and therefore devalued a number of players who were then unloaded on the cheap. Pedro C then went on to give us our worse defeat by celtic (despite Murty having managed a draw previously), the loss of our unbeaten home record against Aberdeen, and probably the most embarrassing European exit in our history. I get why many have serious doubts about Murty- but to suggest he is on a par with Pedro C is IMO way off the mark.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

It's the spfl and playing Rangers for most teams is their cup final.

How can you call a squad that was incapable of winning 3 games in a row before Murty fine?

This isn't a Rangers team packed with established internationalists used to winning trophies and we've had to deal with key players out with injuries. The new players are barely in the door and all I'm saying is now that Murty is in charge, he should be given more time to get things right.

Because we added players to the squad like Martin, Cummings and Docherty while shopping out the likes of Pena.

Pedro was a riot so I'm not sure why you are trying to say Murty is deserving of it just because Pedro was a disaster. See when you can't win piss easy games against utter shite and you keep doing it then your time is up.

Astounding folk want to give him time when we have just conceded another title and a step closer 10. We just don't have the time to fuck about hoping a youth coach will be the saviour when all evidence points to the exact opposite 

Can't wait for a new manager to come in, lose a game so a thread like this can be made again.

Looking at the bench, what tactical changes could he realistically have made? We didn't have someone like Jack or McCrorie to dominate the midfield so that right there is a massive hinderince. and even at that it's not like we didn't perform well. Had more of the possession and shots on target. The biggest issue we still seem to have is lack of finishing. 

Also obligatory referee mention here but that does effect games in a big way. We seen how damaging a sending off was to us when we first played hibs at ibrox, the same would be true for them. However, we gotta just move on ultimately and keep pushing on and win our next games. Massive opportunity lost and that's the biggest sin. However ditching Murty isn't going to solve anything, it'll only exacerbate things.

Board does deserve flack for not incentivising getting a proper manager in but again as soon as he lost a game you'd get a thread like this, a thread saying about x player and so on, so forth. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Astounding folk want to give him time when we have just conceded another title and a step closer 10. We just don't have the time to fuck about hoping a youth coach will be the saviour when all evidence points to the exact opposite 

For me I would rather we stick with Murty for the moment rather than make yet another knee jerk reaction and waste yet another year and squander even more funds that we don’t even have i.e we will require even more loans. I am beginning to think that focusing on trying to stop 10IAR  without proper funding and direction may end up being our undoing.

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Can't wait for a new manager to come in, lose a game so a thread like this can be made again.

Looking at the bench, what tactical changes could he realistically have made? We didn't have someone like Jack or McCrorie to dominate the midfield so that right there is a massive hinderince. and even at that it's not like we didn't perform well. Had more of the possession and shots on target. The biggest issue we still seem to have is lack of finishing. 

Also obligatory referee mention here but that does effect games in a big way. We seen how damaging a sending off was to us when we first played hibs at ibrox, the same would be true for them. However, we gotta just move on ultimately and keep pushing on and win our next games. Massive opportunity lost and that's the biggest sin. However ditching Murty isn't going to solve anything, it'll only exacerbate things.

Board does deserve flack for not incentivising getting a proper manager in but again as soon as he lost a game you'd get a thread like this, a thread saying about x player and so on, so forth. 

Docherty would have been a decent shout to bring off the bench sooner to shore up midfield.

I agree that there wasn’t much available beyond him.

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Even though I’m sticking up for Murty he had options on the bench and should have changed things that’s my issue with yesterday 

at half time Candaies should have came off and Docherty on and Windass off Cummings on and went 2 upfront in a partnership 

4 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

For me I would rather we stick with Murty for the moment rather than make yet another knee jerk reaction and waste yet another year and squander even more funds that we don’t even have i.e we will require even more loans. I am beginning to think that focusing on trying to stop 10IAR  without proper funding and direction may end up being our undoing.

No one said knee jerk...

We should have been looking for a manager long before Pedro left and we should have still be looking since this is only a short term thing with Murty so how can it be knee jerk?

13 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Jesus christ, pointing out Murty shouldn't even be in this position isn't a baying mob:confused:

Screaming for Muurty to be sacked while ignoring  the state of the team he inherited, the great results we've had against top 6 teams, ignoring the injuries to arguably our best players and ignoring.the fact the new signings have only just joined the squad is the actions of a baying mob imo.

As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on Murty and now's not the time to replace him.

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

For me it's soul destroying.  My oldest boy is 16 and was gutted at the result yesterday along with so many this season alone, my oldest daughter is 12 and just accepted the defeat as the norm which resulted in the 2 literally coming to blows. All she remembers is poor Rangers teams where a home defeat is acceptable and the norm whereas my oldest son can remember some of the cup and title wins.  Unfortunately that's the thin line we, as a club are treading now.  If this goes on for another 2, 3 or 4 years we could have a younger fan base ingrained with failure and being 2nd best. 

I was gutted yesterday as I thought we were getting a real shot at the title this season as the taig result came in. Then it all turned to shit!

Murty has a long way to go and yes he has made mistakes, as the many before him have. Windass was one of them yesterday, as was not playing Cummings from the off. Then there was Holt as the midfield were swamped.

We suffer badly from knee jerking when results don't go to plan and I am as guilty as the rest, but there comes a point when it needs to stop as we are only deluding ourselves. Screaming for second rate managers will simply not cut it for us for where we want to be. We've had disaster after disaster with successive managers and then the shambles trying to secure another second rate manager in McInness.

We might have the second largest budget in the game, but that does not equal second spot as has been proven. We've had major surgery in successive seasons, with some positives, but many more negatives and that's a difficult challenge for anyone..

Murty has stepped up, brought in better quality and I for one see big improvement. Yes he is still learning but has brought continuity and some stability. He has been given the job until the end of the season, so I say let him run with it. Let him do the job, as we were going absolutely nowhere before he was appointed and I remain confident he will deliver a good second.

All this  knee jerk clamour for another second rater in Clarke is an absolute fucking joke. A man just in the door from the dole who has improved a team that should have been doing better anyway and  they couldn't have gotten much worse. A miracle worker my erse. There are none, particularly in our case. No doubt Killy will go through a serious dip just like most of the other also rans. Our sights should be set much higher than that.

We need continuity and stability. Sadly our board are less than forthcoming on their vision and how it will be achieved, so they are not geat leadership examples, but Murty carries on regardless and he's doing not too bad a job. The board are to be credited with the latest signings also and hopefully working hard behind the scenes for a brighter and title winning future.

We can't push it much more. We are where are and need to be a bit more patient as knee jerking will just deliver more shite and disappointment.

How is it knee jerk? It's not one result either its several. 17 points to be exact. 

Folk are acting like this is a result and performance out the blue....it's not. 

The exact same mistakes were being made under previous failed managers and the same excuses are being churned out. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Absolute pish, particularly in his second spell.

Walter played some roasters week in week out. The best expert in favouritism starting players who had been shite for weeks. Then there was the 10 minute to go sub, if we were lucky.

Walter inherited quality and a winning mentality from Souness, along with a cheque book. The English game was in the shit being banned from Europe, along with the scum who had imploded. The stars were in alignment and we took full advantage.They were great days, but not all sweetness and light. Sure Walter deserves credit, but no Souness there was no Walter, end of. 

Ffs our 9 in a row team and league and cup wins second time round all due to souness!! 13 years in charge all those trophies and you put out pish like that - all down to souness! Ffs! 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

How is it knee jerk? It's not one result either its several. 17 points to be exact. 

Folk are acting like this is a result and performance out the blue....it's not. 

The exact same mistakes were being made under previous failed managers and the same excuses are being churned out. 

Strange that we are quick to to turn on a rookie manager who inherited abject fucking dross and has indeed improved on it, yet there is no such clamour for the those who are the root cause of our shit storm ie the board.

Sure, there are loads of managers out there who will take us to glory, but of course no business leaders who are interested.

Easy targets and living on Pluto come to mind.

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Because we added players to the squad like Martin, Cummings and Docherty while shopping out the likes of Pena.

Pedro was a riot so I'm not sure why you are trying to say Murty is deserving of it just because Pedro was a disaster. See when you can't win piss easy games against utter shite and you keep doing it then your time is up.

I agree we've added decent players to the squad but sometimes it takes time for players to settle into things at Ibrox.

We had a poor first half yesterday and improved in the second half. A rash moment cost us dearly but going by the reaction on here you'd think we got pumped 5-0.

I'm not saying Murty deserves it because Pedro was a riot, I'm saying any manager no matter how established might have found it difficult to turn the team around immediately, on top of that Murty's had to cope with a series of injuries that left him without several key players.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Because it says manager on his office door does not make him a manager. Explain your thinking in stating that Murty will be great!! You are our equivalent of Chris Sutton who just spouts pish to be controversial and get a bite. As has been stated if you had your way mccoist would still be boss (probably in a lower league) and yourself,2 men and a dug would be the only cunts in attendance. 

If we keep on chopping and changing managers like you want we are definately fucked - GM has stepped up - taken over another mans squad and got a reaction, ( and points) the confidence to bring at least 2 youths to the team who have done well, is making Windass look like a player, has bought well in the January window and has won some big games. All this with Doran’s and Jack ( and Alves) missing. Imagine what he’ll do with some support and time! 

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Strange that we are quick to to turn on a rookie manager who inherited abject fucking dross and has indeed improved on it, yet there is no such clamour for the those who are the root cause of our shit storm ie the board.

Sure, there are loads of managers out there who will take us to glory, but of course no business leaders who are interested.

Who's turning on him and how is it quick? We have continually dropped points since he choose to take the job. He gets the same chance and treatment as any other full time manager. He is a nice guy and I hope he stays at the club in another capacity like before but it's as clear as day he is not a capable manager for our club.

no room for sentiment when we continually fuck up chances to challenge for a trophy. The leagues been there for a go and we continually choke.

time is up

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ffs our 9 in a row team and league and cup wins second time round all due to souness!! 13 years in charge all those trophies and you put out pish like that - all down to souness! Ffs! 

I am not saying that. What I am saying, if there was no Souness, there would have been no Walter.that is rather obvious.

What I am also saying, that even the best of managers get it wrong and have their wee quirks that the ordinary punter will never understand.

Murty is getting slaughtered for getting it wrong and he is a rookie by comparison, so cut the guy a bit of slack ffs.

Got it now?

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Unfortunately murty is exactly that, a rookie manager with next to no experience whatsoever and I firmly believe someone with his limited experience should never have been thrown into the job to learn his trade.  Unfortunately for him it may do his career more harm than good

It will take a very bad run of results to stop Murty from being in place until the end of the season IMO. The board went for the cheap option and it may still work, but he will have to learn quickly to pick players to win games and not just pick the same team that beat the team they played last.

Murty is a likeable man and I would like him to be successful, but then MW and Pedro were nice enough people but proved to be shite managers. We are now struggling to get second place and each game we drop points puts more pressure on the manager and the players. Unfortunately I am starting to get the deja vu feeling I had with the last two managers, I hope I am misreading these feelings. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

10 wins, 2 draws, 7 losses. Sorry but those are not the stats of a Rangers manager, regardless of whether he can hump the sheep and not get beat my celtic. Its also not the stats for any Rangers team. The quality isn't there.

That is not good reading unfortunately Cushy, but I still think this board will keep him until the end of the season.

They will surely know that if we are not getting better results then they will have to make it clear before season ticket renewal time that he will be going back to the under 20's after May. 

Murty seems a very decent guy and is obviously an excellent youth coach but he is never a 1 st team manager(yet anyway).

He has my thanks for stepping up and filling the gap left by Pedro but............

I also think he is destined to fail and will be the fall guy for a board who got the last appointment totally wrong and then fucked up the  Mcinnes appointment.

I can't slag the guy off and never will and I hope he stays with us and goes back to the youths at the seasons end (and really learns how to change games and cope with all different situations)but I think we may lose him completely from the club.

For me, we have to spend the money on the most important position in the club,go and get Gary Rowett and promise him anything he wants,he should have got the job before and the suits fucked it,get it done Rangers!

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

oh and get Docherty on for fuck sake from the start. or why buy him?

The lack of game time from Docherty and Cummings makes me wonder if they were Murty signings or if Allen done them despite Murty raving about the pair of them ... it’s early days though and could just be a case of thinking too deeply into it and seeing something that’s not there but if for example against Thistle Windass and Holt keep their places while Docherty and Cummings are benched again it may begin to look that way 

Candaies too very hot and cold as a player