Warburton on his signings

RedWhiteBlue1872

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

That's the thing with Warburton, he never learned or was willing to change.  If we went in 3-0 down before halt-time he would set us up to play the exact same way during the second half.  He wouldn't pay any attention to the opposition or how they were setting up.  Far too stubborn in his attitude and approach to football.  

I mean the players too .. the defence needs to take individual responsibility aswell for that winning goal ... the marking, the man on the post etc.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I mean the players too .. the defence needs to take individual responsibility aswell for that winning goal ... the marking, the man on the post etc.

Kiernan letting Stokes basically walk all the way into the penalty area for the first goal was one of the worst pieces of defending I have witnessed at a football match.

1 hour ago, Amato said:

Three good bits of business, undeniably. Well... except for the fact you're denying it. You're in a very small minority though I'd guess.

There's a difference between an undeniable fact and someone's opinion .... that's was my opinion backed up by the fact that there has been no financial gain on the players nor the success expected by the support achieved  ..... 

considering a lot of the support has had a go at the lack of ability and attitude of players such as windass and tav perticularly on this forum over the last 2 years shows I may not be in the minority .

56 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's not been poor when he's played IMO ... he might have backed off Murray (and I have only seen the goal in real time so you could correct me on this) but it was long ball played to the position that Tav should have had covered (the right back area) Hibs have cut inside and Alves backs off because Cardoso is either not upto speed with play or out of position or even both. I felt he was exposed a few times in the games he's played for us.

and I'm not watching it back either, if I'm wrong on it I'll accept I'm wrong and trust others on it. 

47 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Cardoso done all the backing off. He cut in and Alves got sold a dummy, I'm sure

I'm not just talking at the goal, i am talking throughout the game, he looked petrified to commit to a tackle and not what i had expected him to be like.

I agree he hasn't been as bad as made out but i still think he has been a massive let down.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

I'm not just talking at the goal, i am talking throughout the game, he looked petrified to commit to a tackle and not what i had expected him to be like.

I agree he hasn't been as bad as made out but i still think he has been a massive let down.

AYe, he did have a shocker tbh

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I went up to Auchenhowie one night to watch the under 20's vs Falkirk ... might have been the first game he played for us at any level .. I've tried to blank it from my memory but we were one up, crusing and he spilled it at the end and then conceded again and we lost 2-1 or maybe drew 2-2 but he fucked it for us anyway.

Yeah I remember reading on here he couldn't even force himself into the under 20s side in the 8 weeks he was here.   He was our second signing of the January window too, Warburton must have been keen to bring him to Ibrox...

For every good purchase (price as well as delivering) there was probably 2 duds, however from his signings I think the good just outweighs the bad. Garner aside, none were expensive mistakes and we should make very good returns on the success stories. 

I will say, I think having Warburton certainly hasn't done any harm with regards to recruiting aspects from England. I think it got us tapping into a market we never were in before. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

That's nonsense.

Windass was a find, as was Tav (not impressed with him defensively but you can't argue with the impact he's on the team for 400k) and Foderingham is a solid keeper despite the odd blunder. 

Holt is only in the team due to injuries. When any one of Jack, McCrorie or Dorrans is back - Holt will be back on the bench.

Halliday is a bench player - but I wouldn't even have him there.

Bates is doing OK but he couldn't tie Alves' laces in all honesty when it comes to ability.

This is a complete list of who he signed :

Foderingham - Good signing.
Gatomski - Pish.
Alnwick - Capable back-up, nothing more.
Gilks - Exact same as above.

Hodson - Pish.
Bates - OK - does a job.
Wilson - Only started playing when Murty arrived. Half a dozen good games in almost 3-years isn't any sort of achievement.
Senderos - Pish.
Taverneir - Good buy.
Kiernan - Literally one of, if not THEE worst defender I've seen at Rangers.
Hill - I'd say a success. I liked him. 

Thompson - Will never make it.
Barton - The less said about that the better.
Crooks - Same as above.
Krancjer - Same as above.
Halliday - Pish.
Holt - Enjoying a decent spell under Murty but he's limited and will be out the team as soon as other options are fit again.
King - Pish.
Toral - Pish.
Zelalem - Pish.
Ball - Average. OK not quite pish but never Rangers-class.
Odouwa - Pish.
Hyndman - Decent young player, but only a loan.
Forrester - Attitude stinks. Never made it.
Rossiter - Slap bang average even when he's not injured which seems to be all the time anyway. Failure.

O'Halloran - Pish.
Miller - Well past it.
Waghorn - Did OK in Championship, but that was it. 
Garner - Pish. 
Dodoo - Pish.

Yourself or some others might disagree with a couple of them but overall it's a bleak picture. 

Was about to post this. 3 out of how many?!

I dunno what warbs is reminding us of this for, we know exactly who he signed, I think it’s rich coming out with this.

Pedro signed Morelos (no doubt after some convincing from jj right enuf) should we be prepared for him coming out with nonsense like this when he gets the bullet at Cruz Azul? It wouldn’t surprise me tbh

Easy to wax lyrical about the ones you get right even the poorest managers get it right now an again, I dunno why he’s taking credit when he says in the next sentence that mcpartland found them

Warburton is a brass neck .... you can see with the sales pitch con man bullshit he peddles why he was so successful in his previous career.... this is the equivalent of Paul le guen telling us how good papac was for us ....the more and more I hear about this guy I realise what a charlatan he is.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s kinda right tbf - however imo Tav and Wes are the only players of any real quality  he signed.

The rest will get us second or third  that’s about all. 

Wes is not the standard of keeper we have been used to at Ibrox. Not a problem position but needs strengthened at some point in my humble opinion. 

35 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I dunno what warbs is reminding us of this for, we know exactly who he signed, I think it’s rich coming out with this.

Pedro signed Morelos (no doubt after some convincing from jj right enuf) should we be prepared for him coming out with nonsense like this when he gets the bullet at Cruz Azul? It wouldn’t surprise me tbh

Easy to wax lyrical about the ones you get right even the poorest managers get it right now an again, I dunno why he’s taking credit when he says in the next sentence that mcpartland found them

Also he couldn't get the best out of them, it has taken another manager to do that. 

27 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Wes is not the standard of keeper we have been used to at Ibrox. 

Oh for fuck sake will people stop comparing the players we have right now to the likes of Woods, Goram and Klos or their equivalents in other positions!

£40 million plus is what it would cost to buy a goalkeeper today that is anywhere near the 3 of them.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Oh for fuck sake will people stop comparing the players we have right now to the likes of Woods, Goram and Klos or their equivalents in other positions!

£40 million plus is what it would cost to buy a goalkeeper today that is anywhere near the 3 of them.

Understand your point but if we want a team capable of winning 55, 56 etc we will need a stronger keeper than Wes or do we just accept the standard of player we have now and go for the next decade as 3nd or 3rd in league and the odd cup win. 

Until he lost his magic hat he was a breath of fresh air, but looking back it was probs more to do with the state he inherited us in 

it wouldnt have been hard but the kindest thing I can say about him is he left us in better nick than he found us, that’s a fact even warbs duds were better than ally’s.

ally an McCall’s teams were brutal an would have got fitbaw stopped, I dunno if anybody else feels the same but it makes my pish boil when I hear mccoist talking about us, the last comment I heard was he said the Rangers support would welcome Ashley back...Jesus fucking Christ alistar do us a favour an fuck up!...sorry mods an Williamson, its statements like that which are deserving of a look you, fuckin dub it ??

3 hours ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Based on what ?.... not being funny but they haven't  won or achieved anything yet and any talk on their valuations is  simply speculation ...... IF and it's a big IF that changes then warburton can pat himself on the back but in reality they are a group of players who so far have FAILED on what was expected of them as of yet..... 

Three players aren't a team and I would say the 3 you highlighted in Fod, tav and Windass haven't really failed  - quite the opposite -  and there is no doubt we would get more in the transfer market than we paid for them.

The issue with Warburton though that he doesn't see is that - yes he may well have signed them - but it is his youth coach who is getting the best out of them and is making them worth something.

16 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Understand your point but if we want a team capable of winning 55, 56 etc we will need a stronger keeper than Wes or do we just accept the standard of player we have now and go for the next decade as 3nd or 3rd in league and the odd cup win. 

Dunno if a top keeper is a must to topple the tarriers I think wes is just as good if not better than Gordon, on the other hand as they are finding out tho it’s europe you need a top goalie