A Manager appointed after Pedro could we have caught them

Smile

23 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s interesting that we’ve not improved at all really 

Well we have definitely improved overall on head to heads with teams at the top of the table which you could argue means we have improved the overall quality of the team for one off matches... but then again some of the losses to the teams further down the table make it feel quite pointless.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason we think we could have caught them is because of the results Murty has managed to get, especially in bigger matches. Let's say another manager was brought in earlier this season. He might have won a few of the games we lost but could just as easily lost the bigger games.

The bad results have been becoming less regular since Murty took charge. In 2018 we have played 7, won 6 and scored 21 goals. Players who have been written off are now showing real value to the team. We are bringing in the right kind of players and the team are playing well. Still room for improvement but I'm confident we are moving in the right direction. For the first time since being back in the top tier I actally expect us to win all of our games again. That to me is the most important difference.

3 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

As much as I'd have liked Steve Clarke, that table isn't a massive improvement on where they were last year. 

Aberdeen are consistent and McInnes still has the flaws of not winning the big games. Hibs are far and away the biggest success, followed by Motherwell and us. Everyone else is either treading water or going backwards

It's a massive improvement on where they were when he took over they were second bottom.

On 19/02/2018 at 13:23, ChampionsAgain said:

There next 6 games will be the defining moment of the season.

Zenit (A) Sheep (A) Dundee (H) Morton (H)   Us (A) Motherwell (A) 

3 games in 9 days for them aswell. 

It' a pity they are going to go through against a shite zenit team.i just hope to fuck whoever gets them next knocks them out.the faster the better.we will catch celtic this season.but knowing us we will blow it when it' in our own hands .some of their "superstars " have been outed as ordinary as fuck.we are a better team than them, and Brenda knows it.but we have to stop fuckin up.

No Surrender 

Rab 

2 hours ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

The only reason we think we could have caught them is because of the results Murty has managed to get, especially in bigger matches. Let's say another manager was brought in earlier this season. He might have won a few of the games we lost but could just as easily lost the bigger games.

The bad results have been becoming less regular since Murty took charge. In 2018 we have played 7, won 6 and scored 21 goals. Players who have been written off are now showing real value to the team. We are bringing in the right kind of players and the team are playing well. Still room for improvement but I'm confident we are moving in the right direction. For the first time since being back in the top tier I actally expect us to win all of our games again. That to me is the most important difference.

We would've caught them if only we could win consistently.  On only one occasion since 2016 have we managed to win four league games in a row.  That's a terrible record and we'll never win a league if we win a couple then lose, win a couple then lose, that pattern needs to stop.  If we've to challenge for the title we need to be winning 10+ games in a row.

57 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We would've caught them if only we could win consistently.  On only one occasion since 2016 have we managed to win four league games in a row.  That's a terrible record and we'll never win a league if we win a couple then lose, win a couple then lose, that pattern needs to stop.  If we've to challenge for the title we need to be winning 10+ games in a row.

The pattern is changing though. We've won 6 in the last 7 matches and 4 in the last 5 league matches. Also was it not Murty in charge when we won the 4 league games in a row as well? And all with a team that was a total mess when he inherited it. Win ratio for his current spell is close to 70%. 

22 hours ago, rangersross said:

I think we'd have a better chance if they got through this game, dropped more points at the weekend through a mixture of exhaustion and arrogance, then faced a demoralised drubbing in the next round. I more than fancy us to beat them twice before the end of the season and - if you combine that with a loss to Aberdeen in their next league game and maybe a draw around their next European tie - we're well and truly in with a chance of winning. 

There is probably a lot in that although can we really see Zenit with the amount of money they have spent on players going out to a 2 bob team like septic? I think what happened last week was the bear just yawning and stretching after hibernation where as this week will be the real thing :Fod:

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

The point is if we appointed a good manger last season when Pedro the fraud came in we would be a lot closer player wise and point wise to the scum 

Wonder how we'd be if Murty and Allen were both runnjng thigs since then

Guess what.. none of us know!  But one thing I do know is that cracks are starting to appear with them and we need to keep the pressure on.  Our time is coming!  Must win Saturday, no more slip ups or goal head starts.  3 points at all costs.