A Manager appointed after Pedro could we have caught them

Smile

66/1 we are to win the league. I'm on it for a score. I believe we can do it. Fuck the scum if we can get on a run they won't know what's hit them. They cunts are in for a shock at Ibrox when we finally turn the tide and ride the wave to the title. No surrender.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, port_bear said:

Been discussing this with a guy in work ...

Couple of ways of looking at this,

a) they go through and have two difficult Europa games ahead which could have a result on their performances, players more tired or require resting, one eye on the latter stages, league form suffers.

2) they go through and they are lifted by the result and gain extra confidence and go on a long winning streak domestically.

Personally I hope they get pumped on Thursday night and come back, exhausted, beat and dejected and facing a long trip to Pittodrie

I must admit I like your last sentence best. :thumbsup:

We can still catch them, they're fucking murder but it's a long shot now

A new manager would've given us the bounce needed not to drop some of the silly points we did round about the international break. We could've put the pressure right on them and their arse cheeks would've been flapping by the Hogmanay game.

Ive always said and I'll always maintain that they will bottle it under the pressure, just like his Liverpool team did.

We need to get within 6 points before getting them at Ibrox then they'll really be under the cosh and we might just pull it off, stranger things have happened to much better teams in this league everyone seems to forget that.

5 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

A manager other than Pedro and we would be sitting top of the league IMO. They’ve been very ordinary this season and while so have we at points, we’ve also shown there’s the nucleus of a decent team in there. A proper manager from the start and we would have dropped less silly points and probably got at least one win against them. This season will go down in history as a huge missed opportunity to stop their 10. 

Naaaaa.

They'll bottle it and the helicopter will change direction. 

5 hours ago, Ryan_1 said:

Still think celtic have an extra gear, with one eye on the European games, it's given us false hope. 

Definitely think we have improved, especially going forward. However there still isn't championship winning consistency within in our squad although I think it'll come. 

Need to sort our horrific home form out. 

Next year there can without a doubt be a title challenge. This time last year I wasnt at all confident we'd finish 2nd this season nevermind a challenge. 

Historically teams win the league coming from behind in the latter half of the season and they will shite themselves when the most successful club in the world gets one hand on our trophy. 

1 hour ago, Boaby Bear said:

66/1 we are to win the league. I'm on it for a score. I believe we can do it. Fuck the scum if we can get on a run they won't know what's hit them. They cunts are in for a shock at Ibrox when we finally turn the tide and ride the wave to the title. No surrender.

Where?

9 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

does anyone have the data for pevious seasons where weve came from behind them to win? have we came back from a higher margin to win the league?

At one point this season celtic were 12 points clear of us.  The last time a gap of that size was overturned was the early 1980s under Souness.  Not sure about a 9 point gap but with only 11 games left to play I doubt it's happened often.

5 hours ago, port_bear said:

Been discussing this with a guy in work ...

Couple of ways of looking at this,

a) they go through and have two difficult Europa games ahead which could have a result on their performances, players more tired or require resting, one eye on the latter stages, league form suffers.

2) they go through and they are lifted by the result and gain extra confidence and go on a long winning streak domestically.

Personally I hope they get pumped on Thursday night and come back, exhausted, beat and dejected and facing a long trip to Pittodrie

One of the few positive aspects of the last few years was learning to not give a fuck what the tarriers do and taking fuck all interest in them.

Think I'll keep that going.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Dropped 17 points since Pedro left should we continue backing this Failure.

I say yes. Dropped lots of points with Pedros players. We are improving a little bit. Lets judge him in the summer. If we win the SC you would still want rid of him.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I say yes. Dropped lots of points with Pedros players. We are improving a little bit. Lets judge him in the summer. If we win the SC you would still want rid of him.

We won't win the Scottish cup I'd love too but our midfield is being walked over by very average teams, I want rid of him as he's a mini version of Warburton who will take us nowhere.

12 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

We still might catch and pass them  ... especially if they get a good kicking in Russia 

I think we'd have a better chance if they got through this game, dropped more points at the weekend through a mixture of exhaustion and arrogance, then faced a demoralised drubbing in the next round. I more than fancy us to beat them twice before the end of the season and - if you combine that with a loss to Aberdeen in their next league game and maybe a draw around their next European tie - we're well and truly in with a chance of winning.