Why Murty should get the Rangers job Permanently.

Lloyd

We'll be in the process of interviewing soon anyway because his contract is up in the summer. Points and position will obviously decide his future, at the moment I think no but I'm happy to change my mind if he does well, it's up to him to prove it. We have shitty injuries but it's a strong squad now

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can he deliver us a title next season or the following one ?That's the only thing that's important.

If the Board believe so, and back him financially, then we'll see. Im not convinced but then I'm also not convinced by the alternatives.

He was given the job until the summer. Imo it's right that it is reviewed then in terms of the job done and his potential to end the bheasts title run to 9 or 10.

Bit in bold above.........absolutely correct.   It's the only thing that is important in football terms imo.  

If the board thinks Murty can learn quickly enough to become a title winning manager in the next few seasons then they either have outstanding qualities for selecting the right person for the job - not something they have a good track record on so far - or they are well into the realms of blind faith with fingers crossed and hoping for the best.    Then again, they can only appoint a manager they can afford and when that happens companies generally get what they pay for.  Sometimes that approach unearths a real star performer but its not a given when managerial novices are appointed to high profile 'must deliver the required results quickly' jobs.

Murty has until the end of the season and unless there is a footballing catastrophe between now and then I think the board will stick with him and place their faith - for it will be faith and not expectation - that he can somehow deliver a title sometime soon, maybe before the 150th anniversary.      Whether the Support in general are prepared to endure seasons of just being competitive while waiting for Murty to gain enough know-how to produce a title winning side is another matter.    We'll see what the board decide in summer.  My bet is they will have no real alternative but to simply confirm Murty in post and wait and see what happens next season and the season after.   

23 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Some already did and the club obviously weren't interested. We then declared Murty would be in charge until the end of the season.

Who's to say there hasn't been anyone showing interest in taking over after that point? Not every manager will go public.

That the club haven't moved for any of them would suggest nobody the board view as a better candidate than GM has made any sort of contact with them. Nobody says they need to go public but they would have contacted the club either directly or through a third party (agent etc)

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That the club haven't moved for any of them would suggest nobody the board view as a better candidate than GM has made any sort of contact with them. Nobody says they need to go public but they would have contacted the club either directly or through a third party (agent etc)

It's possible that a candidate could have contacted the club and made themselves available at the end of the season. If neither the club, manager or agent go public with it then we would be none the wiser until an announcement is made.

To be clear, I don't think for a second that this has happened. It's hypothetical.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Pedro was a foreigner coming to this country with no knowledge of the Rivalry here there can be no excuse for Murty in that respect.

Pedro would have known about the old firm at the time he said that shit, he’s Portuguese not Japanese, he was either told to say what he said or he thought if he was going to work for any of the oldfirm in the future it would have been them 

Put it this way. If McInnes had came in and done exactly what Murty has done with regards to signings and results, not to mention much improved performances, then some folks on here would be spunking all over their computer keyboards and hailing the cunt as the best thing since sliced bread.

I was disappointed when the board said Murty for the rest of the season. But I'm having second thoughts now.

Murty is continuity - he knows the club and the players inside out. I think he's taking us in the right direction. Even if we were to attract a household name (not likely) or 'one of Europe's top young managers' (PLG anyone?) who's to say it won't all go tits up with a new boss, new staff, different training regime and new tactics?

Yes - Murty is a novice but everyone has to start somewhere. Maybe he is just the jammiest bastard because he gets to start here.

I believe the results against the mhanky mhob will decide his fate. Takes points (hopefully one win at least) and avoid a doing in the remaining OF games and the job will be his.

His man management for one is miles ahead of the previous two managers,the players know their job(and don't need it explained by a coach on the sidelines with a fucking Ipad)and they look happy playing their football.

BTW how good does the Jimmy Nicholl appointment look as well now.

Said it once, said it a million times. Get behind the man, get behind the club and fucking believe! He’s taken us places we wouldn’t believe and that was with half the support dismissing him before we even started! What are we waiting for? A miracle we know nothing about and pin our dreams on, are we done done with that already. I truly believe if we, as a club and as an institution get behind one man, the only man that has made a positive distribution to us in the last few years, give him the support that we are capable of, he can make us the greatest again! 

He's clearly a good coach. He's got more out the players that were here under Pedro, and seems to have got the new guys integrated into the team and understanding the way he wants them to play, and quickly too. Still questions about his substitutions imo, seems to make them late and they're not always convincing but it's not cost us many points at this stage.

Huge positive thing for me is motivation though. Him, JJ and Nicholl seem to have the guys really playing for the jersey, and when we score and celebrate it appears to be as a team, and we've not seen that for a good while. 

On the balance of things as it stands, assuming no disasters or a run of bad form between now and the end of the season I reckon he'll probably be here next year, and deservedly so.

I’d like to hear some names of the managers people on here think we could attract that will do a better job than murty ?

warburton an Pedro were more experienced managers an look how they done it’s not just a case of getting a more experienced manager in for the board to think about, a new manager will want to bring his own players in then it will be a case of trying to bed a new team in at the start of another season, another 2-3 quality players an we can win the league imo (with murty)