DJ

Essandoh

Since this is now the official Forrest nullification thread I have to say that it's more important that Jamie Murphy is fit rather than who is playing at LB for us. We've been vulnerable down the flanks for a good few years now but a lot of that isn't just down to who the full-back is. It's down to who is playing in front of him. It's no coincidence that the right hand side has looked a lot more solid this season since we signed Candeias (a proper right mid) versus last season where we had Waghorn (a forward). The same also goes for the left side since January when Murphy came in.

As for wide midfielders helping out with defensive duties that's another reason I hope Murphy is fit because while Forrest is decent going forward he is no Candeias when it comes to defensive duties making their right an area we should exploit.

48 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Forrest isn't as good as the Scottish press make him out to be. 

I'd rather Halliday than Hodson at left back next weekend. Not a Halliday fan but he hasn't done much wrong since playing left back. 

I agree, but he’ll still have a field day against Halliday at left back.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck, I never ever thought I would say that. However, credit when it it's due, he has his part to play. Knowing my luck he'll have a mare.

Just give Forrest's bawz a a right tight sqeeze.

Just punch him in the baws seems to be only a yellow these days........oh wait we are in Blue, don't breathe on the cunt!

44 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I think they'll go with a 3-5-2 Forrest as right wing back. Up to us to be on the front foot and keep Forrest pinned back defensively. 

Yeah they will, would prefer they played 4-2-3-1 tbh but that won’t happen now Lustig is out. 

Hibs controlled our midfield playing 3-5-2 (didn’t play Docherty mind you) so I’m not sure how the midfield battle will go, and ultimately thats where the game will be won & lost I think. 

49 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

Can't wait to see what stories the Rhecord start coming out with this week to try and unsettle our players

People were rightly saying Goss played poor yesterday. This was in the same week that random story about managerial dispute over him was reported.

Not saying it should affect a player, and was maybe 100% coincidence, but I had the same thought as you...

I may as well write them for the DR...

"Preston say they want Windass for £3,000,000 in summer if he stops scoring now!"

"Why does Murty not choose Cummings all the time? Does he think Morelos is better? (Followed the next day by) "Why is Murty thinking of starting Cummings over Morelos? Does he think Cummings is better?"

"Fod the Plod! Wes Foderingham wanted to be a policeman as a child. 10 reasons why that is a better career choice than signing for Rangers!"

33 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

One assist doesn't make you a good passer of the ball

You said he can't pass worth a fuck....that pass was worthwhile and I'm sure he has plenty more assists. Fwiw I don't think his distribution is great and he ends up on his arse too often but hes has filled in well the last 2 games and I'd much rather him than Hodson.

2 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

That include his assist for Cummings 2nd yesterday?

Thought it was a shite cross and was behind Cummings, and that he adjusted his shape and momentum terrifically to make something of it.

Might just be my ‘Halliday is rotten’ tinted specs though... 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought it was a shite cross and was behind Cummings, and that he adjusted his shape and momentum terrifically to make something of it.

Might just be my ‘Halliday is rotten’ tinted specs though... 

Not a big Halliday fan but he was OK yesterday. I think your second line is a wee factor in your assessment of the cross.

He actually hit the cross first time to the only place where it was certain to go to a Rangers player. If he tried to put it in front of Cummings, there were three Falkirk defenders in the way. but you're pretty much correct that most of the credit for that goal should go to Cummings for great touch and a great turn.

16 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Since this is now the official Forrest nullification thread I have to say that it's more important that Jamie Murphy is fit rather than who is playing at LB for us. We've been vulnerable down the flanks for a good few years now but a lot of that isn't just down to who the full-back is. It's down to who is playing in front of him. It's no coincidence that the right hand side has looked a lot more solid this season since we signed Candeias (a proper right mid) versus last season where we had Waghorn (a forward). The same also goes for the left side since January when Murphy came in.

As for wide midfielders helping out with defensive duties that's another reason I hope Murphy is fit because while Forrest is decent going forward he is no Candeias when it comes to defensive duties making their right an area we should exploit.

I think this is a perfect summary.

Murphy provides defensive cover and also has the speed to put forrest on the back foot.