The battle for 2nd place

ElBufalo20

I genuinely couldn’t give a fuck if we finished 2nd or 4th. It just adds to a long list of fuck ups we’ve had to put up with for the last 6/7 years or so. I’m fucking impervious to it all now tbh!

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I genuinely couldn’t give a fuck if we finished 2nd or 4th. It just adds to a long list of fuck ups we’ve had to put up with for the last 6/7 years or so. I’m fucking impervious to it all now tbh!

Embarrassing. 

Did anyone actually think we would win the league this year before a ball was kicked? I doubt it,  therefore second is the next best thing. 

The majority pretty much agreed that finishing second and winning a cup would be progress and relative success this season so all this about it doesn't matter is compete pish. 

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Did anyone actually think we would win the league this year before a ball was kicked? I doubt it,  therefore second is the next best thing. 

The majority pretty much agreed that finishing second and winning a cup would be progress and relative success this season so all this about it doesn't matter is compete pish. 

Finishing second meant actually challenging for the league. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Finishing second meant actually challenging for the league. 

I agree but just because this season hasn't went the way anyone hoped doesn't mean finishing second becomes completely irrelevant.

Finishing second is the absolute minimum.

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I agree but just because this season hasn't went the way anyone hoped doesn't mean finishing second becomes completely irrelevant.

Finishing second is the absolute minimum.

Agreed but we are struggling to make the minimum, when it should’ve been a case of second at a canter if we couldn’t win the league.

Maybe we should be grateful we are actually in a race for second after the board chucked it before Christmas. 

If you finish second, you fulfil the potential of the team you have for this season. That is about where they should be. I think they underachieve if they don't do that. Underachievement is failure. It isn't failure, not to win the SPl this year. That would have been a massive over achievement.

Many a Rangers team have finished second in the league.  Many of those teams had fabulous players.  It is unacceptable, if we are outspending, or on a spending par, with scum, and do not win or go to the wire.  You are right I care about second. Sheep have rubbed our noses in it with being better than us. Why wouldn't you want to turn the tables? Establish your foothold and get ready for the next step. It is simple logic.

Finishing second in the league just means we're the best losers to me.

We really need to beat the mhanks on Sunday and go on to win the Scottish Cup.

We're Rangers and we win trophies! Starting to forget what it feels like to win a trophy. The rot needs to stop pronto!