The battle for 2nd place

ElBufalo20

All I care about is winning the league.  As long as we get a European spot then finishing 4th or 2nd really doesn't make any difference to me.  Would winning the Scottish Cup really be something to celebrate when the mob from the other side of the city are about to win their 7th league title on the bounce?  The league is all that matters we need to stop celtic and put ourselves in a position to access that Champions League cash.  

Just now, jjbscotty12 said:

Losing 7 and drawing 3  at ibrox and still being in with a shout for second just shows how pish the league is.

Going into the OF at Ibrox a win would have put us in title contention The smellies have been bang average but we’ve been worse. This was our chance this season, I doubt we’ll get close to stopping their 10 now unfortunately.  

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

We finished 3rd last season what honestly affected you as a supporter going in to this season cos that's where we finished?

Would you genuinely seeing us finish as 2nd progress?

I won't see it as progress but the satisfaction it gave the sheep and would give them and the junkies this year means am desperate to come 2nd.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Don't understand this mentality one bit.

In one hand I know exactly where you are coming from in another I cringe when we are tallying points etc to achieve second. 

Get both points of view on this. 

To win this fucking cup, that would be something I could really give a fuck about.....and of course I’d rather finish above the sheep and Hibs but, I dunno we’ve lost to those cunts regardless 

Just now, Goosetav said:

I won't see it as progress but the satisfaction it gave the sheep and would give them and the junkies this year means am desperate to come 2nd.

Says more about the sheep that their achievement is finishing above us rather than doing something else in the league over the past 5 years when they've had plenty of chances.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

All I care about is winning the league.  As long as we get a European spot then finishing 4th or 2nd really doesn't make any difference to me.  Would winning the Scottish Cup really be something to celebrate when the mob from the other side of the city are about to win their 7th league title on the bounce?  The league is all that matters we need to stop celtic and put ourselves in a position to access that Champions League cash.  

Surley stopping the mhanks back to back treble is a good thing.

1 minute ago, markem said:

In one hand I know exactly where you are coming from in another I cringe when we are tallying points etc to achieve second. 

Get both points of view on this. 

To win this fucking cup, that would be something I could really give a fuck about.....and of course I’d rather finish above the sheep and Hibs but, I dunno we’ve lost to those cunts regardless 

It's a shite that we're even discussing it but the thought of they scumbags lording it over us is terrible

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Aye it's humiliating but if we finish lower than 2nd then it's even worse.

Not only having the taigs lording it over us we'd also have the sheep or hibs.

Exactly scrapping over second place is irrelevant it's not like there is a champions league place at stake

Says more about the sheep that their achievement is finishing above us rather than doing something else in the league over the past 5 years when they've had plenty of chances.

Not really, separating us and them is an achievement for any team in the country

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Get this point of view also to an extent however id be delighted if we won that cup  Grew up feeling it was a special occasion the SCF and hate when we are not there. 

They had won the league by a canter the day of the Lovenkrands final but it felt significant when we won it, a marker was laid.  

Having said that I get your point, there is only one show in town and we need to take it back.  How it will feel when we do............

Just now, Goosetav said:

Not really, separating us and them is an achievement for any team in the country

It's not exactly something to be talking about in years to come though is it?

Aww aye remember that time in 2018 when the sheep beat us to second.

It really means fuck all if we don't win it.

We need to win cups. Need that winning feeling and adding to past success.

Not won a major trophy in 7 years. It's unacceptable.

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

It's a shite that we're even discussing it but the thought of they scumbags lording it over us is terrible

Mate, I have this nasty (please don’t let it happen) feeling that in a few years we will be looking back at this season and saying .......it should have been stopped right there. I’m not sure they will be as poor as they have this year.  Horrid I know. 

It's not exactly something to be talking about in years to come though is it?

Aww aye remember that time in 2018 when the sheep beat us to second.

It really means fuck all if we don't win it.

We need to win cups. Need that winning feeling and adding to past success.

Not won a major trophy in 7 years. It's unacceptable.

Maybe to you it doesn't, finishing below those 2 means a lot to me.

Just now, markem said:

Mate, I have this nasty (please don’t let it happen) feeling that in a few years we will be looking back at this season and saying .......it should have been stopped right there. I’m not sure they will be as poor as they have this year.  Horrid I know. 

Totally agree mate.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Totally agree mate.

There is a argument and I’m not saying I agree with this point that our board would consider this season a success if we finish second. 

Not for a moment am I saying I want is to finish’s less but there is a point to be considered in there. 

We simply need to get our next appointment right.  There are countless examples of a good Manager winning a division versus a team with greater resources etc - we have to get the right guy.  In all honesty, considering everything it’s a tough appointment that we are relying on guys that came up with Pedro to make. 

This season has been piss poor from the Rangers at all levels. Not really interested in the cup to be honest. I wanted the league and we could have had it, except for our consistent ability to fuck it up. I hope next year is better than this but I fear it will be more of the same.

29 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Is it only me that finds this humiliating.

Ever since the split and fixture announcement all I've heard is the fight for second the excitement etc.

If we don't win the league it's been a poor season.

The Scottish cup is more important than finishing second.

Who cares where we finish now it's been another wasted season.

The 'battle' just to be runner up is something I'm clearly not interested in.

I suppose having thought about it, I should care but I don’t. The blow of being second to them overwhelms anything thereafter.  The cup I’d love to win - of course I’d prefer we finish above Hibs and Sheep but I more look at as second or third to them and there’s not much of a difference to me one way or the other.  

This year in particular as we could have had the cunts.  So many if, buts and maybe but we could’ve.  

Lets get that cup. Eck’s team done that against a seeming unbeatable O’Neil’s celtic and it was a huge swing for us.