Rumours at this stage

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It sounds good in theory, but you can't do it with the shite he signed. Likewise Warburton too as he had the right idea at times but not the level of player to pull it off.

To do it like that and effectively we need another Advocaat revolution with the 50-million and make the likes of Numan and Van Bronckhorst the first signings, then add the other pieces like Mols, Reyna, Tugay, McCann, Klos and discover two solid, talented center backs like Moore and Amoruso.

That's where Pedro and Warburton failed in that their idea of what was good football and needed done wasn't too bad, but they were too ignorant to change it, adapt different styles and above all else realise that it can't done with the likes of Holt, Halliday, Tavernier, Jack, Waghorn.

Agree with all of that.

At this point we need cold hard cash to get anywhere close to them.

Get a proper manager in and back him with real money and he will build a team to beat them. That’s ultimately what it comes down to.

All this modern day philosophy talk and wanking over a European style of football needs to stop. It’s lip service to make us seem progressive and we’ve tried it for three years and it’s not worked.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The tarriers' starting 11 yesterday contained only 2 players signed by Rodgers. 

Undoubtedly we need some much higher quality of players in certain areas of the pitch but it shouldn't be underestimated how important getting a high quality coach in can be.

They were champions previous to him coming in and still walked the league with a dud in charge.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Agree with all of that.

At this point we need cold hard cash to get anywhere close to them.

Get a proper manager in and back him with real money and he will build a team to beat them. That’s ultimately what it comes down to.

All this modern day philosophy talk and wanking over a European style of football needs to stop. It’s lip service to make us seem progressive and we’ve tried it for three years and it’s not worked.

There is the real problem, no matter who we bring in we simply don't have the levels of money required.

It would be another Walter level of spending in the region's of 20 odd million to get us to where they are. We don't have a hope in fuck of getting that kind of money.

The reality is unless they have some sort of meltdown we are fucked 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

They were champions previous to him coming in and still walked the league with a dud in charge.

The titles won whilst we were in the lower divisions mean fuck all and they know it. The majority of their fans wanted rid of Delia well before we beat them in the semi final. After the semi final they were protesting despite walking the league. 

20 minutes ago, TMB said:

and could play a counter attacking style when needed.

Going 3-5-2 is arguably more realistic in terms of budget than trying to pull off a possession based 4-3-3.

I hear what you're saying but can't agree.

We have 60% or more possession in the vast majority of our games bar Old Firm ones and even on Sunday at our absolute worst had close to 50%.

A rigid 3-5-2 only (or 4-3-3 only, or any formation 'only') isn't good enough. We need to be flexible and have a manager and players comfortable changing between formations both match to match and within a match as required.

Players comfortable on the ball is most important, because we're going to have the ball most of the time. Adding physicality is important too and needs to be done but they need to comfortable on the ball as a prerequisite, because celtic's physical players can all play and physicality alone won't beat them (consistently).

There is the real problem, no matter who we bring in we simply don't have the levels of money required.

It would be another Walter level of spending in the region's of 20 odd million to get us to where they are. We don't have a hope in fuck of getting that kind of money.

We won't need as much as that if we get the right manager and get recruitment spot on.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The way people talk about it you would think Rodgers took over a mid table side who were toiling. Delia’s side was unfit and underperforming, but it was still full of international footballers, our side even if our players were performing at their absolute best for a new manager, would still be made up of league one level players and championship cast offs.

5 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The titles won whilst we were in the lower divisions mean fuck all and they know it. The majority of their fans wanted rid of Delia well before we beat them in the semi final. After the semi final they were protesting despite walking the league. 

They do though..., they are titles which are going towards 10 and catching us up. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be absolutey counting them too.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Of course they do, a don't give a fuck if we weren't there, them reaching 10 will be fucking horrifying 

1 minute ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

We won't need as much as that if we get the right manager and get recruitment spot on.

Yes we will.

Our squad is woeful, how else do you build a title winning team from scratch? Bosmans and DOF punts who amount to fuck all? 

Our recruitment has been a shambles so far, what has changed exactly? 

Basically we can win the title if we do everything right based on no evidence so far.

Excellent 

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Really?!

You didn't notice a difference in class then yesterday. You missed everyone of them taking the piss out of us from beginning to end. 

They fucked us at Ibrox with ten men and two up front and even took their foot off the gas. Then there was 5-1.

Can you tell us which one of our players would get anywhere near their line up?

You want to forecast a result at the scumdome in two weeks?

I don't think you've read my post properly there; your reply makes no sense.

I said I had thought we had massively closed the gap - until Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I thought that post would get that reply, but I mean successful in general. Hearts have presumably spent more money on recruitment than Hibs. They take a direct physical approach to football typical of Levein whereas Hibs are a footballing side. Who's doing better?

celtic also have plenty of physical players who can stand up to that sort of challenge when they need to, but they can play as well.

We absolutely do need to add men capable of going to war when required, but they need to be good footballers first and foremost. We will get nowhere if it's just a direct hammer thrower approach that we take.

No - I wouldn’t ordinarily favour a Levein style approach, either!

They did, however, by luck, judgement or whatever, get that one spectacularly right on the day.

Which shows it can be done - it’s as much an attitude thing as anything else.

Can see Motherwell giving the tramps a far harder time than we did - they sure as hell aren’t pretty, but must be murder to play against!

I think playing the way we (you & me, that is) want will cost too much in recruiting the right players - we may have to settle for a team that’s solid & hard to beat & won’t be bossed like we were yesterday, then build out from there.

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Warburton lost the dressing room, Pedro lost the dressing room, Murty has now lost the dressing room - maybe there's an issue with our player recruitment instead?

I'm not saying these guys are good managers either btw, I'm just making a point about the wankers we end up signing. 

Some of the players are not up to standard 100%, but I can't remember a situation as bad as this with players shouting abuse at the manager and players squaring up to each it was a shambles and sad state of affairs. 

Yes we will.

Our squad is woeful, how else do you build a title winning team from scratch? Bosmans and DOF punts who amount to fuck all? 

Our recruitment has been a shambles so far, what has changed exactly? 

Basically we can win the title if we do everything right based on no evidence so far.

Excellent 

Fair points.

1 minute ago, kenny6131 said:

Some of the players are not up to standard 100%, but I can't remember a situation as bad as this with players shouting abuse at the manager and players squaring up to each it was a shambles and sad state of affairs. 

We had Barton shouting at Warburton in training which lead to his contract being terminated, Pedro had bust-up's with a lot of players - MOH, McKay, Krancjer, Miller and Wallace. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We had Barton shouting at Warburton in training which lead to his contract being terminated, Pedro had bust-up's with a lot of players - MOH, McKay, Krancjer, Miller and Wallace. 

All behind closed doors this was in full view and very public

1 minute ago, kenny6131 said:

All behind closed doors this was in full view and very public

I've got no doubt that if those incidents occured outwith the training ground and on camera the outcomes would have been the same. When you act in the heat of the moment you don't tend to think about a camera being on you.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I've got no doubt that if those incidents occured outwith the training ground and on camera the outcomes would have been the same. When you act in the heat of the moment you don't tend to think about a camera being on you.

For sure outcome will have been the same, I just think with so many incidents from so many different players it stinks of something really not right behind the scenes. 

1 things for sure murty doesn't have the respect from the players for me his position is untenable 

This has been obvious for some time now that we require a manager and a backroom team who can assess and turn around a squad in rapid fashion with quality replacements already in mind. Its not rocket science and it can be done. We need the board to become very serious in recruiting the right man and arm him with a warchest to beat the taigs. Albeit a good manager doesn't always need Fargo Wells behind him if he knows the appropriate transfer markets and can 'motivate' with authority and in the correct manner. It can be done but first and foremost the board must get it right with their appointment of the manager and provide him with appropriate funds which I think they will have to bearing in mind the pressure that will be brought to bear if not.

30 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We have 60% or more possession in the vast majority of our games bar Old Firm ones and even on Sunday at our absolute worst had close to 50%.

A rigid 3-5-2 only (or 4-3-3 only, or any formation 'only') isn't good enough. We need to be flexible and have a manager and players comfortable changing between formations both match to match and within a match as required.

Players comfortable on the ball is most important, because we're going to have the ball most of the time. Adding physicality is important too and needs to be done but they need to comfortable on the ball as a prerequisite, because celtic's physical players can all play and physicality alone won't beat them (consistently).

We really had that much? I’d dispute that even if that’s what the stats say. We made those cunts look like the Harlem Globtrotters. 

30 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We have plenty of possession now and we still would have with a 3-5-2.  A 3-5-2 is just a move towards a more defensive formation with the players who can added much needed physicality and battle to boot.  This season we're conceding more than a goal a game on average and consistently losing midfield battles so a step towards something more defensive, with physical and competitive players, could be highly beneficial.  Attacking wing-backs, a CAM, and two strikers, is still going to get us the goals we need to win the majority of games especially if we're conceding a lot less.

I do agree that flexibility of formation is good but it's not essential if your winning.  celtic don't vary from their 4-2-3-1 much because they simply don't need to.  I can't remember MON's team changing the 3-5-2 very often.  I also don't think Walter Smith changed his formation much during that second spell it was always a 4-5-1/5-4-1 counter attacking style.  If we can find something that works it's the other teams that'll need to change in order to counter it.  Rodgers 4-2-3-1 was rampant last season but this year more teams are playing a 3-5-2 to counter it and they're not as dominant in the league.  In fact, celtic could finish about 20pts short of their total from last season.  the counter attacking 3-5-2 is good setup against celtic's 4-2-3-1.

9 hours ago, TMB said:

celtic have a far superior squad and have been developing that 4-3-3 playstyle for two years now.  Even if De Boer was brought in we can't afford to give him the player assets or time needed to play the fancy passing football and beat them.  They're to far in front in that respect.

We're better off going with a counter attacking style using big physical players that can bully teams and make the most of set-pieces.

Yeah can’t really disagree with that to a certain point but what manager would we get?id love Sam Allardyce but that ain’t going to happen.

I’d like to think if we did get de boer he would get the player asset otherwise he wouldn’t of joined.

for me if it’s a choice between Clarkey,Neil and de boer it should be de boer all day.

7 hours ago, The Godfather said:

We're not necessarily fucked.  If we step back a bit for a few years, rein in our expectations a bit and build a team from the back out, we'll start winning leagues again. Look at the support - nothing else like it in the country.  If we all started from a level playing field today,we'd be top of the heap.  We just need to settle the debt issues and then rebuild.  Stop looking for shortcuts to success.

Let them get 10 - we'll be back later to get 11.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Peace said:

We're not necessarily fucked.  If we step back a bit for a few years, rein in our expectations a bit and build a team from the back out, we'll start winning leagues again. Look at the support - nothing else like it in the country.  If we all started from a level playing field today,we'd be top of the heap.  We just need to settle the debt issues and then rebuild.  Stop looking for shortcuts to success.

Let them get 10 - we'll be back later to get 11.

:britney:

Archived