Who made our kits pre umbro?

pcbear

10 minutes ago, pcbear said:

When you look at the historic kits 1976 is the first time a manufacturers  badge (umbro) appeared alongside the RFC, before then?

Pretty sure admiral started the whole manufacture logo on shirt thing in thr 70's. So prior to that hard to tell who made strips.

The replica shirt business wasn't anywhere near what it is nowadays, I only know from my own experience was that you just bought a blue top, no club crest on it and that was it and am sure it was Umbro then , that would've been late 60's early 70's. You got yourself white shorts and the red and black socks and away you went.And if you were short of a bob or two the blue top doubled up as a Chelsea top, you just got blue shorts and white socks and you had two kits.

Bukta supplied the kits up until the mid 1970s. However, apart from the inside collar label there was no branding. I have seen a few 1950s and 60s original shirts and can confirm it was Bukta. They were the major suppliers of football kits in Britain along with Umbro (Humphrey Brothers) until Admiral arrived on the scene. Then Adidas and a host of other brands.

53 minutes ago, Rmc54 said:

The replica shirt business wasn't anywhere near what it is nowadays, I only know from my own experience was that you just bought a blue top, no club crest on it and that was it and am sure it was Umbro then , that would've been late 60's early 70's. You got yourself white shorts and the red and black socks and away you went.And if you were short of a bob or two the blue top doubled up as a Chelsea top, you just got blue shorts and white socks and you had two kits.

The top with the red, white and blue collar  in 1979 was the first kit to come with the badge already on it , my first was the one  before that, my da tool me to Robert stores ( Glasgow cross) and the badge was 50p or something and you sewed it on yourself.  Then after the 1979 the 1982 pin strip home & away kits you could buy in a smart  rectangular box, 

Football has changed since sky got involved as us fans were frowned upon in the 80's, we had away tops but never 3rd kits etc and the price nowadays is a disgrace especially for kids. 

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The top with the red, white and blue collar  in 1979 was the first kit to come with the badge already on it , my first was the one  before that, my da tool me to Robert stores ( Glasgow cross) and the badge was 50p or something and you sewed it on yourself.  Then after the 1979 the 1982 pin strip home & away kits you could buy in a smart  rectangular box, 

Football has changed since sky got involved as us fans were frowned upon in the 80's, we had away tops but never 3rd kits etc and the price nowadays is a disgrace especially for kids. 

Yip the famous Umbro Repli kits, came in a neat box with shirt, shorts and socks. I had the Rangers kit, same as yourself from the iconic Robert Stores in the Trongate. I also had Liverpool which I got in a market in Prestatyn near Rhyl while on holiday. They weren't cheap all the same. My brother that same holiday got the Melchester Rovers Gola kit. Last seen some selling on classic football shirts for silly money.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Bukta supplied the kits up until the mid 1970s. However, apart from the inside collar label there was no branding. I have seen a few 1950s and 60s original shirts and can confirm it was Bukta. They were the major suppliers of football kits in Britain along with Umbro (Humphrey Brothers) until Admiral arrived on the scene. Then Adidas and a host of other brands.

Adidas first kit in the UK were  Ipswich and Middlesbrough in 77, I am shocked it's that late as by 1974 they had both teams in the World Cup final ( West Germany and Holland) then in 78 they had both team again in the final and they introduced the legendary tango ball also in those finals.,  Aberdeen I think wore adidas in the late 70's with Dundee Utd also wearing adidas in the early 80's But it was with Notts Forest that I will always remember adidas tops in this country with. they  lifted the European cup twice wearing adidas and they also had a cracking yellow and blue away top which I always wanted but never got.   

Bukta have been around since 1879 thou, so who made our strips the first 7 years then ? :rofl:

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

Proud as punch I was, only kid in the street with the new Rangers away kit, Umbro red effort with the RWB kipper collar. Came in a cool as fcuk looking box. Those were indeed the days.

How much would they charge now for the kit to come in a cool box for kids?  Maybe something they should bring  back as instead of just getting the top the parents were forced to buy the shorts and sock  also.  

59 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The red white and blue collar was the first top I had with the RFC badge on it. Before that I remember buying a top at the local sports shop. Got it home and it was more like a St Johnstone fucking top ?. In the absence of “official” merchandise the guy just sold me whatever was closest. 

Still mentally scarred now!!!!!

i agree the prices are a disgrace these days, must be hard as a parent funding it. 

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Bloody hell, i remember ma wee maw sewing the badge on to my top ?

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Adidas first kit in the UK were  Ipswich and Middlesbrough in 77, I am shocked it's that late as by 1974 they had both teams in the World Cup final ( West Germany and Holland) then in 78 they had both team again in the final and they introduced the legendary tango ball also in those finals.,  Aberdeen I think wore adidas in the late 70's with Dundee Utd also wearing adidas in the early 80's But it was with Notts Forest that I will always remember adidas tops in this country with. they  lifted the European cup twice wearing adidas and they also had a cracking yellow and blue away top which I always wanted but never got.   

Bukta have been around since 1879 thou, so who made our strips the first 7 years then ? :rofl:

I concur with everything above mate. I think that shirt is available here. I think they used to be called Kazultra Retro

https://aztecretro.com/blogs/know-the-history-get-the-shirt/nottingham-forest-1980-81

IMG_186854blog_04a88ba0-8a6f-471a-8917-d09dafb154c0.jpg