Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Just now, Sparkle said:

Maybe that’s one of the conditions? To have an equal say in the signings

It just has to be. If Gerrard has agreed to be Mark Allen's wee bitch when it comes to transfers and policy, then any small bit of optimism I have about Gerrard and how he's a strong character, well respected, commanding etc would be cancelled out and I'd be more worried than I have been at any point during this.

If the rumours are true and we have sourced 20-million + of substantial investment or a similar "eye watering" amount and we are about to hand it over to Allen consdering he's unearthed Declan John, Nemane, Sean Goss, Russel Martin and Martin Docherty then God help us. We deserve all we get. Appointments that can literally sink us.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Just off the phone arguing with a scouser I used to work with down south. Cheeky bastard recons that Gerrard doesn’t need to take our job as we will ruin his career before it gets started as he’s such a legend. I respected the fact he’s achieved what he has asa prayer then let the scouse prick know what a privalige he’d have getting to manage the worlds most successful club. And I had to mention although we’ve been in our worst place the kart few years they cunts have not won a league turner in 25 year ffs. 

Your man knows who’s likely to win a league title next bin dipper. 

Love how you just had a phone call with someone you describe as a bin dipper:thumbsup:

Gerrard, his contacts, an experienced assistant and backed with a healthy budget will do this club wonders.

Of course we could belly flop the water and lose our first 5 games, but we could also make a winning start and be top at Christmas.

Exciting times.

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

If anything at least this is exciting. We all must have doubts over the appointment but any other manager we’ve been linked to wouldn’t have generated half the excitement.

That's very true.

He has asked about ‘free transfers’. That doesn’t sound like someone expecting a big ‘warchest’, does it? I suppose he could be covering all the bases, but still a worry....

I dunno, I have the feeling this won’t actually happen for some reason, despite a lot of reports saying he has all but accepted.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

He has asked about ‘free transfers’. That doesn’t sound like someone expecting a big ‘warchest’, does it? I suppose he could be covering all the bases, but still a worry....

I dunno, I have the feeling this won’t actually happen for some reason, despite a lot of reports saying he has all but accepted.

Can u link me tae that mate

5 minutes ago, Andrew_RFC said:

As much as i love the excitement of speculation - really wish occasionally the first anyone knew was an official announcement especially if it doesnt come off and we end up with egg on our face!

Another McInnes scenario would be utter shite:confused: I think he's the new Rangers manager though.

2 minutes ago, Andrew_RFC said:

As much as i love the excitement of speculation - really wish occasionally the first anyone knew was an official announcement especially if it doesnt come off and we end up with egg on our face!

It doesn’t happen like that these days unfortunately. We are particularly bad at keeping it in house but most transfers and announcements are leaked in football with anybody ITK having access to an audience of millions through social media. 

He will be covering every single angle before penning that contract. So that will take it transfer funds and free contracts I have no doubt he will be making sure of the level of these before accepting it.

No point giving him 20million kitty but saying ye canny sign torres 

If the board want him they'll need to pay top dollar to get him in every sense 

Archived