Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

Just watching MOTD.

Back page of Sunday Times has headline:

”Gerrard warned on Rangers ‘turmoil’”.

To be fair he probably has mate, but fuck me what an opportunity to make us right again. The guy in charge when we do finally get back on top will be a fucking legend for the rest of his life. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

To be fair he probably has mate, but fuck me what an opportunity to make us right again. The guy in charge when we do finally get back on top will be a fucking legend for the rest of his life. 

You’re right there, mate!?

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Agreed with everything about your post to the Clarke bit, have a word with yourself, give Clarke the same funds then as less a gamble. 

I'm not going to voice my opinion on the matter but since you have told this guy to 'have a word with himself' 

Would Clark get the same calibre of player as Gerrard with the same money? 

Would he get out the same from youngsters who maybe idolised him? 

Very good chance his tactics, man management, attention to detail in match preparation COULD Be better than gerrards 

But nae words needed to be had with himself. 

I wanted warnock 

30 minutes ago, Charlie Peace said:

But he's a huge name and his signing might be aimed at attracting a better class of player.  In itself, that might do the job, whether he's a great coach or a mediocre one.

that was my thinking behind it as well, would be ideal with an experienced number 2.

cant wait to see our strike force next season of sturridge and ings when he bags them on a 2 year loan 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

that was my thinking behind it as well, would be ideal with an experienced number 2.

cant wait to see our strike force next season of sturridge and ings when he bags them on a 2 year loan 

Sturridge would get injured lifting the pen to sign the contract 

Just now, ChrisMcb said:

Sturridge would get injured lifting the pen to sign the contract 

aye your probs right or he might just do a gazza and give us the best 2 years of his career.

wishful thinking but it will be interesting to see exactly who he targets and im assuming he will have a few in mind.

personally i was and still am against gerrard as manager due to his lack of inexperiance and think it will be a massive fuck up however one thing i cant deny is with gerrard its massively exciting in an unknown kinda way.  i dont have a clue what formation he likes to play style of football or anything nor what type of players he prefers.  the whole package is a complete unknown and i for one cant wait to see how it all plays out.

until i see an official statement from the club im not getting fired up - all this speculation is - just pish.

good from gerrard to not attend, showing some respect to murty.

and there ive hit the word

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

aye your probs right or he might just do a gazza and give us the best 2 years of his career.

wishful thinking but it will be interesting to see exactly who he targets and im assuming he will have a few in mind.

personally i was and still am against gerrard as manager due to his lack of inexperiance and think it will be a massive fuck up however one thing i cant deny is with gerrard its massively exciting in an unknown kinda way.  i dont have a clue what formation he likes to play style of football or anything nor what type of players he prefers.  the whole package is a complete unknown and i for one cant wait to see how it all plays out.

I am of the same opinion as yourself. but I read an article yesterday and it was telling you how much he likes the players to not just be talented but also to have fight, be super fit and physical in the challenge something that we have sadly been missing. So if he ends up our manager well you never know it might just be what we have been looking for.

41 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And how is he going to manage these better class of players if he's never done it before? 

Has he went the distance and actually won something as a manager yet? 

Does he know what it takes to win a league title as a manager? 

Why are we giving out another apprenticeship when the tarriers can win their 8th title on the trot next season and only one away from 9IAR?

We can't afford a top, top manager so it's plain that we need to settle for someone from the next tier, possibly lower.  I can't think of anyone who'd be willing to come here at the moment who is also going to able to mold our current squad into something that can beat celtic regularly.  Given this, I'm excited to see our board thinking outside the box - if you can't afford the very best manager, find a manager who will attract high quality players and then give him a support staff who can help him do the job.

Gerrard is just the figurehead.

Watch the team step up their game this afternoon, knowing that a real footballer is watching them.

2 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I am of the same opinion as yourself. but I read an article yesterday and it was telling you how much he likes the players to not just be talented but also to have fight, be super fit and physical in the challenge something that we have sadly been missing. So if he ends up our manager well you never know it might just be what we have been looking for.

If he could teach a few of our midfielders to smash a few in from 30 yards, it would be a start!

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

If he could teach a few of our midfielders to smash a few in from 30 yards, it would be a start!

Your right mate but to be honest I want our defence sorted out first like souness done when he first became manager. Then get a couple of out and out goalscorers in. I think we have players in the midfield they just need managed correctly.

6 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Always thought Gerrard and Lampard were the box to box midfielders of their generation. Before Gerrard is officially one of us. Who would you say was the better and why?

Lampard if he knocks us back Gerrard if he gets the gig.

13 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Always thought Gerrard and Lampard were the box to box midfielders of their generation. Before Gerrard is officially one of us. Who would you say was the better and why?

That's a great debate and whole new thread for the Sports section @Thornliebanktrueblue.

Shame Gazza never achieved the true greatness he should have on the European and World stage though, had the potential to be better than both imo. 

20 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Lampard. Better numbers. Better winner. 

I can’t hide my disappointment at this.

Are our board fucking psychopaths? Honestly determined to take maximum risk in every decision they make.

I seriously hope Stevie G is a tactical mastermind who can attract big name players- but to me he’s just an under 19s Liverpool coach.

16 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Your right mate but to be honest I want our defence sorted out first like souness done when he first became manager. Then get a couple of out and out goalscorers in. I think we have players in the midfield they just need managed correctly.

I've said it literally all season.  In the summer if we can bag a quality gk and 3xcbs of decent quality then we will be very close if not win the title. 

Foderingham has been a massively weak link for us this year and central defence a problem for a few years now.  Genuinely y don't think we need to do much with midfield or attack its just the fucking shambles of a defence that has cost us big time

7 minutes ago, KWBear said:

This has fucking knock back written all over it 

I was just saying that to a friend last night who was to say excited is an understatement.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least if gerrard knocks us back and we go with murty again next season

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I've said it literally all season.  In the summer if we can bag a quality gk and 3xcbs of decent quality then we will be very close if not win the title. 

Foderingham has been a massively weak link for us this year and central defence a problem for a few years now.  Genuinely y don't think we need to do much with midfield or attack its just the fucking shambles of a defence that has cost us big time

I agree mate but would still like two new strikers. Morelos although young misses too many sitters in crucial games. Maybe today will be his day here's fucking hoping anyway.

Just now, BILLYBOY50 said:

I agree mate but would still like two new strikers. Morelos although young misses too many sitters in crucial games. Maybe today will be his day here's fucking hoping anyway.

No need for strikers as we have torres and sturridge coming to play for gerrard. 

Joking aside I think morelos will be sold in the summer and we will sign Cummings permanently along with a younger English based striker.  Also have a feeling that Dodoo may turn up and put in a shift with gerrard being here. 

Would love nothing more than morelos to bag the winner today.  Guy gets so much stick when in reality I don't think he's an out and out striker but more a link up man but due to our formation is our only proper goal threat

Archived