Signings you look back on and feel infuriated

stewaj3

45 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Since most of the recent disasters have been covered above, I'll give one from better days ,Stéphane Guivarc'h. Genuinely thought we were getting a diamond, turned out to be totally disinterested.

He's a fucking world cup winner. 

3 hours ago, hammer time said:

In addition to all the names mentioned I'll add Stale Stensaas to the list mainly because all the rest of the UK was buying great wee players from the Scandinavian countries at that time and we signed him and he was utter gash

Allegedly , Liverpool were negotiating with Rosenberg for a fee of around £450 000 when Walter and murray decided to " blow them out the water " and stuck in a bid for £1.5 million :winnings:

While I think any left back would have struggled to replace David Robertson , I know who's value was closer to the mark . 

5 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He's a fucking world cup winner. 

Aye, but seeing him in our jersey you'd never have known. Hoped that his performance for Newcastle was a blip and we were getting someone to set the league alight but he just never seemed bothered. Hence the reason he infuriated me.

The mediocrity that John Greig signed to replace Jock Wallace's team of1977/78. Gordon Smith, Sandy Jardine (too early), Alex MacDonald (too early) all sold and Derek Johnstone allowed to move to centre-half after scoring nearly 40 goals in a season. Wish Willie Waddell had given Jock Wallace the funds to improve a good team that could then have been a great team.