Permanent Deal for Murphy

Lloyd

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't know what games you have been watching, but all I ever hear and see occasionally is Leeds losing 

It would not be hard to walk into our defence at present 

Surely we are looking at much better than this for such a key area 

I take it you think Allan McGregor is shite as well then?

On 2018-05-18 at 09:57, backup said:

I remember the most famous Rangers transfer in my lifetime like it was yesterday, no one knew anything about it till it was announced in the Evening Citizen, Jim Baxter signed by Rangers for £17,500, the buy of all time !

My biggest transfer memory as a kid was the ENORMOUS fee of 100K (laughable now) that we paid for Colin, Colin Colin Stein.  After his first three games and 8 goals we knew we had a bargain.  

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

My biggest transfer memory as a kid was the ENORMOUS fee of 100K (laughable now) that we paid for Colin, Colin Colin Stein.  After his first three games and 8 goals we knew we had a bargain.  

Yes, and no one knew anything until it was announced on that  October Saturday morning.These days everything is done in public and the cancer of agents are everywhere.

49 minutes ago, backup said:

Yes, and no one knew anything until it was announced on that  October Saturday morning.These days everything is done in public and the cancer of agents are everywhere.

Actually never thought of that and thinking back I remember my dad shouting on me to show me in the newspaper that we had a new record signing. 

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

No quite the opposite 

but what's that's got to do with Bartley 

Cant you ever admit that sometimes you could be wrong about something 

Hull lost more games with McGregor in goals this season than Leeds did with Bartley in their defence. That's what it's got to do with it.

You've based your opinion of him on a short stint with us 6 years ago. 

10 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Hull lost more games with McGregor in goals this season than Leeds did with Bartley in their defence. That's what it's got to do with it.

Jesus mate 

that is some comparison 

It's been a depressing day 

You can have that one 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Jesus mate 

that is some comparison 

It's been a depressing day 

You can have that one 

It was your logic for dismissing Bartley. Personally I don't agree with it, shit teams can still have good players and vice versa.

You've obviously not watched him since he played for us and that's fair enough. If you watched him now I think your opinion would change. For the right price I think he would be a great signing.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It was your logic for dismissing Bartley. Personally I don't agree with it, shit teams can still have good players and vice versa.

You've obviously not watched him since he played for us and that's fair enough. If you watched him now I think your opinion would change. For the right price I think he would be a great signing.

When did you last see him? he has missed most of the season (with Swansea not Leeds) with two knee injuries.

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Bartley didn't play for Leeds this season

Played 50 games for them the season before though. Just missed out on the playoffs, had one of the best defences in the Championship. They've conceded almost 20 more goals without him in their defence this season.

My point with McGregor still stands.

7 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

See my last post.

He played 5 EPL games last season for Swansea signing a new four year deal at the start of it, suffered two knee injuries, big no from me. No doubt he has improved since his loan spell with us (he was awful then) but too risky with what will be a chunky fee with 3 years on his contract and an injury hit last season.

McGregor was Hull City poty last season and whatever anyones thoughts on him he is a huge upgrade on what we have.

12 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He was a kid then and to my memory he was half decent. Not scared to get stuck in and leave one on an opponent. A tough guy at a young age.

I haven’t seen any of him at Leeds, a little at Swansea. 

If he’s developed like he should have he would get a game and improve our defence missing one leg.

41 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'd imagine Skrtel would be a Gerrard signing if it happens, 2.5 million fee allegedly agreed. 

Skrtel is still a good player. If this happens he better not be coming for a pension top up. 

He still has at least 3 years left in him at the top if he stays fit, driven and committed to planting the nut into the nearest taig.

Not concerned by his age at all considering we had a 40 year old David fucking Weir playing for us not too long ago and we were happy with that.