First proper game but...

Amac9

2 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Ah the old implication that I am a mongo window licker, well drop the mongo part and the n from window and you're getting close to describing me.

Here is whatbmultiple full stops mean in English.

"An ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Ancient Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, 'omission' or 'falling short') is a series of dots (typically three, such as "…") that usually indicates an intentional omission of a word, sentence, or wholesection from a text without altering its original meaning."

See not an indication of sarcasm. Please try harder.

Mate you're an idiot. You couldn't spot sarcasm and as such have been made to look like an arse. It's ok move on and it'll be forgotten 

Just now, big blue Fin said:

@Rfc52 ¿a real credit to the English language¿

Reversed question marks are an indication of sarcasm, or dyslexia?

Fs because your comprehension skills are nonexistent and it's been pointed out that you're indeed a bit of a tard youve kinda started to lose it a wee bit.

It's awrite you know. You've misread it and made a cunt of it, we've all been there 

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I was disappointed in our supposed high press. It was patchy at best, non-existent at worst. You have to have players that are prepared too not stop running if that is going to be effective, or else teams simply pass their  way through you easily.

It needs to improve if thats what we are implementing 

Spot on for me mate.Very disappointed with this aspect.After all the talk about winning it everywhere on the park it just wasn’t happening.That said poor display or not we were in complete control of the game and expect us to be in the next round.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fs because your comprehension skills are nonexistent and it's been pointed out that you're indeed a bit of a tard youve kinda started to lose it a wee bit.

It's awrite you know. You've misread it and made a cunt of it, we've all been there 

A bit of a tard. Well fuck knows I've been called worse. As for making a cunt of it, well, I'll leave that to a ... like you.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Seem a bit upset with this here. 

Do you being called a retard or a window licker?

We have a different view of the game went I think we were lucky you think we weren't fine disagreement is healthy but I was right with the use of ... and  ¿ but if you want to embrace your obvious ignorance of the English language then please feel free to ignore me.

As I will you from now on.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Seem a bit upset with this here. 

59 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Do you being called a retard or a window licker?

We have a different view of the game went I think we were lucky you think we weren't fine disagreement is healthy but I was right with the use of ... and  ¿ but if you want to embrace your obvious ignorance of the English language then please feel free to ignore me.

As I will you from now on.

Ladies, get a fucking room!

We have struggled to break down teams that sit behind the ball so this is nothing new. Gerrard has focused in making the back four stronger and I thought they looked far better than anything I saw last season regardless of opposition.  With the exception of Arfield our midfield to front was unchanged from last season. So struggling to break down a team that sits in shouldn't be so surprising. Although with a better use of the head we could and should of had at least two goals from Morelos 1St half and Windass 2nd half. Going forward I think Tav should move forward one into the position Candeias started and Flanagan move to right back and John back in on the left hand side to provide a bit of balance. Our lack of 90 minute games showed last night after only 2 pre season games. We had a midfielder and a forward sitting in the stands last night hopefully they and more strength and depth. Onwards and upwards cos at some point the mediocrity has to end.

9 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

Yes lucky. I don't know how that lot would have reacted to being pulled back last night, my guess is, not well.

We got a 2-0 win courtesy of a penalty but If we were even halfway as good as some people think then we would have had a better score than those cunts from Leith.

Instead of which we squandered numerous chances. A better team would have ripped us a new arsehole and we'd already be looking an early exit. Shkupi will probably score in Skopje, the big question is with only a few days to go can we become sharper in front of goal to outscore them? I think we will, but It's going to another edge of the seat splinters in the sphincter job.

I think if they score early our arses will collapse over there , definitely needed that second goal , 1v0 going over there as bad as they may be I’d fear the worst 

12 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Based on what? They literally had 0 shots on target last night! 

We were pish last night but there is not a chance they are turning over a 2-0 deficit, in fact they’ll be lucky to score!

Exactly - look at it another way, we score once over there they need to score 4

thats not happening 

we were pish and the jury is very much out on us, but we will improve (will we improve enough and will the signings be goodvenough? Different debate) but there’s no way they are putting us out 

41 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

The last time we won by two goals in Europe was when we beat Werder Bremen 2-0 in the 2008 UEFA Cup run, sort of sums up how conservative Walter was in Europe :lol:

And how shite every manager we’ve had since has been (I’ll leave Gerrard out of it for now though but I’ve got doubts tbh)

15 hours ago, Amac9 said:

That's not a line up I want to see again. The defence looks a lot more assured which is a bonus. Flanagan being the solid stand out performer at LB for me. But in home games against poorer sides we should be going with John at LB as he gives us more going forward and more width on the left hand side.

McCrorie is too young and naive to be playing a holding role all by himself. At times he was pressing far too high up the pitch and leaving a huge gap in front of the back four and better teams will punish us. Thought it was a good move bringing on Jack just to give him a bit more assurances.

Candeias in the middle of the park is a no go. He's a winger who is good at getting crosses in. He's not a CM. Same for Windass on the right hand side. He's much better through the middle running in behind.

I'm not a huge fan of Morelos but feel he needs someone playing a lot closer to him. He's not exactly clinical in the box. 

Thought Arfield was very disappointing and never got into the game at all. Expected much better from him.

We've no idea what formation or players Gerrard will use but on last nights showing that formation and the players used will not get the best out of them.

15 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

First competitive game against a team which was far from brilliant. They took the ball off us too easily. They got attacks in and hit the bar, we were lucky. Morelos got booked for his stupid reaction in leading with his head, buffalo is right, his over reaction in the box cost us a penalty but we shouldn't have been relying on that.

Cross balls were terrible, set pieces were as bad. The only good things were Glenn Middleton and the amount of chances we created. With a better striker we might have run up a decent score.

Just as well the first game wasn't again septic really...

Some of the over-reactions on here are fucking mental! Heard a wee group of Ibrox first timers leaving the game the other night shouting pish about Gerrard has ruined us. Also must be incredibly difficult playing in front of a crowd who moan and groan every time a ball goes backwards or loose. 

We have played 1 full game ffs. We won by two goals and to be honest, if we had taken just 1 of the qaulity chances we made earlier then i think the flood gates would have opened and we would have rattled them. Give the lads a chance ffs.