Flanagan

6 hours ago, Bronzy said:

In fact, I'd play Tavernier at LB (he's played there 11 times previously, mostly with Rotherham in League One) and Jack at RB (he's played there 25 times previously).

Not Jack mate can’t move him from midfield he’s been immense. Mccrorie I wouldn’t disagree with

He’s not been that great tbh. I got slaughtered for saying that last week ? Doesn’t shy out a tackle right enough and that’s what you need sometimes but he needs to sort out his positioning and passing ability if he wants any chance of staying in the team ahead of Barisic.

If Wallace is fit and could settle his differences with the board, I would put him in there. He is still decent cover for left back and a better left back than Flannagan imo.

If not, I would put Halliday in there. It is not a great prospect, but I can't agree with this idea of moving Tav, then moving someone else into right back etc.

Halliday actually did okay when he played left back previously. Not spectacular, but he wasn't the absolute disaster I feared.

53 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Jesus mate 

I want my full backs leaving something on all the wingers and tricky players we face 

His booking tonight was never a booking anywhere else on pitch 

Their whole bench running off their seats got him that booking for me 

I'm finding it hard to find fault with him 

He is cover pure and simple no more no less an upgrade on Hodson. But will never be a first pick   He is very reckless if that’s your cup of tea fine but not for me at all. It’s all about opinions 

6 hours ago, Inigo said:

I don't have a fucking clue what I'd do. 

I wonder if McCrorie could do a job? With a 'sit at left back, defend, don't get delusions of grandeur by trying to attack, just sit there and defend' kind of instruction.

Fuck no

He can’t do a job at CH or DM fuck shoehorning him into left back. Fuck sake ?

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If Wallace is fit and could settle his differences with the board, I would put him in there. He is still decent cover for left back and a better left back than Flannagan imo.

If not, I would put Halliday in there. It is not a great prospect, but I can't agree with this idea of moving Tav, then moving someone else into right back etc.

Halliday actually did okay when he played left back previously. Not spectacular, but he wasn't the absolute disaster I feared.

Did he not play left back when we got thumped in the 5-0 game just recently . It's a no for me

The one thing we have been missing these past few years is mental and physical toughness in our defence. Flanagan has his faults at left back, not least his speed of recovery but despite this he has added some serious steel and demonstrates how we are not for rolling over as easy as in the recent past. Pleased he is with us.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I have erased that game from my memory apparently.

When the fuck did we get beat 5-0?

Are you serious . I don't need to mention it again .

Was he not also left back in the 5-5 game at end of season . Not sure about that one .

Either way . Halliday shouldn't be anywhere near the park for us now

8 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

The one thing we have been missing these past few years is mental and physical toughness in our defence. Flanagan has his faults at left back, not least his speed of recovery but despite this he has added some serious steel and demonstrates how we are not for rolling over as easy as in the recent past. Pleased he is with us.

Good post mate . I am too . He is probably cover, but he is much better than Hodson and Wallace for me . More importantly at the defending side

44 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Are you serious . I don't need to mention it again .

Was he not also left back in the 5-5 game at end of season . Not sure about that one .

Either way . Halliday shouldn't be anywhere near the park for us now

Memory is coming back to me now unfortunately.

Only old firm I have ever switched off midway through and went and played golf I think.

I did genuinely have a memory blank there.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s not been that great tbh. I got slaughtered for saying that last week ? Doesn’t shy out a tackle right enough and that’s what you need sometimes but he needs to sort out his positioning and passing ability if he wants any chance of staying in the team ahead of Barisic.

Positioning is woeful.

Has no left foot.

Ok in the tackle but often rash.

Passing more often than not puts us under pressure.

I really don’t rate him at all.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Fuck no

He can’t do a job at CH or DM fuck shoehorning him into left back. Fuck sake ?

Just throwing ideas about.

For me, Halliday... No, Tav... no because you'd mess up two positions, Jack no... because he's desperately needed elsewhere. It's a tough one.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Positioning is woeful.

Has no left foot.

Ok in the tackle but often rash.

Passing more often than not puts us under pressure.

I really don’t rate him at all.

At least 3 of those things could be improved on by moving him to RB tbf. He’s a much better defender than John.