Our Midfield

beararse

20 minutes ago, beararse said:

That doesn't make any sense. Lafferty was probably our most effective and liveliest player in the first half. Put himself about a bit and pressed as best he could. Also, seemed to be playing mostly on the left. Candeias is a right sided midfielder. 

Also, Lafferty was on so that we had an aerial presence in the box so that when we did break and whipped in a ball we had someone there. It just so happened that the full backs never really got high enough up the park to whip in balls.

Lafferty was rank rotten, as was predicted, Kent has played on the left for the majority of his time for us, simply let him run at their worst defender and put Candeias on the right

He's shite in the air.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lafferty was rank rotten, as was predicted, Kent has played on the left for the majority of his time for us, simply let him run at their worst defender and put Candeias on the right

He's shite in the air.

He might have been rank rotten but he was still a stand out for us in the first half. That in itself tells you how far off it we were on Sunday.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

It would have made absolutely fuck all difference, unless of course we wanted pumped even more so.

It has got bugger all to do with thinking they were good.

The Rangers players were knackered. Simple as. I'm utterly astonished so many on here cant see this. 

You can't press the high line if you haven't got the energy, and if you do, you cant get back to defend where it matters.

This is probably the third time i've mentioned this today. All the players wear GPS in training and during games. It gives feedback on all aspects of performance. Gerrard and his management team will have been entirely aware how knackered these guys were. All they have to do is review their performance stats.

If a group of players are averaging 10% less than usual in terms of speed and distance covered why the fuck would you say 'right lads, i know you are absolutley fucked but i want you to chase every single ball down, we're playing a high line today!'

Madness....

EDIT: Middleton has still to prove himself. A wee 10 min cameo against a few Eastern European full backs when they're shagged out does not justify an automatic start IMO.

You're pretending you're an expert by mentioning GPS, it's laughable. 

At what stage were they averaging 10% less? Before the game? You've suggested their stats were down, hence the game plan of sitting in? But we came out sitting in? So when were the measurements taken? Are you just making stuff up?

Gerrard tried to be Mourinho or Benitez and made a total cunt of it. It's okay, he's not god, we can just admit his tactics were awful. 

If you sit in to defend and get beat anyway, you've had a nightmare. That's how it works. 

When Coulibaly is back and we have jack, Coulibaly and Arfield I think we have a good balance.

It was a good trio before and I think with Jack sitting deep as a deep lying playmaker, Coulibaly as the “destroyer” and Arfield further forward linking up with the wingers and forward gives us the right blend.

i think ejaria is best in European games as he just doesn’t have the urgency for the domestic games yet, if he can work on then great.

I would have liked a number 10 of real quality but all in good time. We’ve got the foundation of a solid team and we can add quality when he have the funds topped up again. Hoping that Grezda has the creativity and quality we need but don’t want to put too much pressure on the guy.

17 minutes ago, gsa said:

Laughable. He's an average SPL player. If you think he can play, you don't know football. 

I thought Jack would be a bit-part squad player, but this season he has been like a complete new signing, and an important first teamer. I suppose the manager must not know football either then.

2 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I thought Jack would be a bit-part squad player, but this season he has been like a complete new signing, and an important first teamer. I suppose the manager must not know football either then.

What's he good at? What're his strengths? What does he add to the team? 

3 minutes ago, Marky. said:

The manager proved yesterday and against Motherwell that he certainly doesn't know it all. 

Just now, gogzy said:

So what I've learned from this thread.  You're not allowed to make mistakes, should never take any outside factors into consideration and pay no heed to historical stats.

Also that Stevie G and the players are an embarrassment. 

They certainly are.

Going to the Girodome and being scared to cross the halfway line. I'm glad you agree with me. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

They certainly are.

Going to the Girodome and being scared to cross the halfway line. I'm glad you agree with me. 

Carry on beating the drum.

I will look at the whole picture, and while I am upset that we didn't get anything from the game, I am not worried as overall I have been quite impressed with what I've seen.

1 hour ago, gsa said:

What's he good at? What're his strengths? What does he add to the team? 

Knee-jerk reaction from you here, a near meltdown.

@gogzy hitting the nail on the head, we have been impressive overall.

With regards to Ryan Jack; go watch Osijek again, watch Aberdeen again before he was injured, watch UFA at home again. A clear standout in those games. He will have a huge season for us.

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Carry on beating the drum.

I will look at the whole picture, and while I am upset that we didn't get anything from the game, I am not worried as overall I have been quite impressed with what I've seen.

I'm not upset that we didn't take anything from the game. There are lots of ways to get beat 1-0. I'm upset with the way we got beat, at our lack of ambition, aggression, nous. 

Gerrard has merely continued Murty's approach to Old Firm games, embarrassing. 

6 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Knee-jerk reaction from you here, a near meltdown really.

@gogzy hitting the nail on the head, we have been impressive overall.

With regards to Ryan Jack; go watch Osijek again, watch Aberdeen again before he was injured, watch UFA at home again. A clear standout in those games. He will have a huge season for us.

Let's see how many games he plays and re visit this in May. 

He's a Dundee/St Johnstone level player. 

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

@gsa go to bed mate, it's embarrassing.

Going to Parkhead and being subservient used to be something that Rangers fans would find embarrasing.

Also, fuck off cunt? Why are you quoting me in your posts? Why would I give a fuck about what you think, about anything?  

1 hour ago, gsa said:

You're pretending you're an expert by mentioning GPS, it's laughable. 

At what stage were they averaging 10% less? Before the game? You've suggested their stats were down, hence the game plan of sitting in? But we came out sitting in? So when were the measurements taken? Are you just making stuff up?

Gerrard tried to be Mourinho or Benitez and made a total cunt of it. It's okay, he's not god, we can just admit his tactics were awful. 

If you sit in to defend and get beat anyway, you've had a nightmare. That's how it works. 

I don’t think you have to be an expert in anything to understand the basics principles of a GPS tracker.

My seven year old knows how GPS works because he read about it once in the Peppa Pig book where  Daddy Pig gets lost when going on a campervan holiday.

It’s not fucking complicated.

Also, I never said they were off by 10%.

I said IF they were off by 10%,

It was by way of an example, to help explain the concept of comparing stats.

You ever wondered why middle distance runners don’t use starting blocks?

Because they pace themselves.

They  know they cannot sprint at 10m/s for 10,000m.

Thats what Rangers did.

They played a game that suited the energy levels the stats had presented.

The fact that it didn’t fit the narrative you had created in your head before kick off is irrelevant.

The bottom line is, that team was set up to play with their energy reserves in the forefront of the mangement teams’ mind.

Soak up wave after wave of attacks. Let the opposing team run the themselves ragged, then when they are knackered and the playing field is more level, come out and have a go.

Just didn’t go to plan. That’s all.

8 minutes ago, gsa said:

Going to Parkhead and being subservient used to be something that Rangers fans would find embarrasing.

Also, fuck off cunt? Why are you quoting me in your posts? Why would I give a fuck about what you think, about anything?  

You've been talking absolute nonsense for hours. Genuinely posting some of the dumbest, unfactual posts ever made on here. I'm not asking you to care about what i think mate, but for your own sake, you should probably read some of my posts, because you will definitely learn from doing it.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

I don’t think you have to be an expert in anything to understand the basics principles of a GPS tracker.

My seven year old knows how GPS works because he read about it once in the Peppa Pig book where  Daddy Pig gets lost when going on a campervan holiday.

It’s not fucking complicated.

Also, I never said they were off by 10%.

I said IF they were off by 10%,

It was by of an example, to help explain the concept of comparing stats.

You ever wondered why middle distance runners don’t use starting blocks?

Because they pace themselves.

They  know they cannot sprint at 10m/s for 10,000m.

Thats what Rangers did.

They played a game that suited the energy levels the stats had presented.

The fact that it didn’t fit the narrative you had created in your head before kick off is irrelevant.

The bottom line is, that team was set up to play with their energy reserves in the forefront of the mangement teams’ mind.

Soak up wave after wave of attacks. Let the opposing team run the themselves ragged, then when they are knackered and the playing field is more level, come out and have a go.

Just didn’t go to plan. That’s all.

So you basically just made up a figure of 10% and made up a time when this would be measured. 

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

You've been talking absolute nonsense for hours. Genuinely posting some of the dumbest, unfactual posts ever made on here. I'm not asking you to care about what i think mate, but for your own sake, you should probably read it, because you will definitely learn from doing it.

You're calling me dumb and you've used "unfactual".

Lovely. 

3 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

Im still confident we will have a good season. 

need to forget the taigs and start WINNING all our other domestic games and stop dropping stupid points.  They have already lost one game and will lose more before the season is over, that is when we need to capitalise

Just now, beararse said:

Are you really this thick or just at it?

You're retarded. You asserted they would have run 10% less and been 10% slower. 

When? When would these measurements have been taken? 

You brought GPS into it because you thought it'd make you seem clever but you have no idea how football teams use it.

You should've just said, given their exertions midweek the coaching staff predicted they'd be fucked and tailored their tactics accordingly.