Our Midfield

beararse

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If you were to sum up our midfielders it’d be that they’re all grafters.

Not one of them has the ability to dictate a game.

100% cant emphasize this enough, this has been the issue for ages. All well and good having grafers but they should be grafting to allow creative players (which we don't have) to play the game.

35 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Did we concede four goals? 

You're an embarrassment!! They battered us, get a grip of yourself. We were nowhere and could've easily conceded several more goals. Everyone aside from you know sit. You keep coming back at me but you don't actually seem to have a pint, other than, you can't bear any criticism of Gerrard. 

We were abysmal. We sat back like a diddy team and waited for our beating. Deal with it. 

12 minutes ago, gsa said:

You're an embarrassment!! They battered us, get a grip of yourself. We were nowhere and could've easily conceded several more goals. Everyone aside from you know sit. You keep coming back at me but you don't actually seem to have a pint, other than, you can't bear any criticism of Gerrard. 

We were abysmal. We sat back like a diddy team and waited for our beating. Deal with it. 

Battered us 1-0.

Geez peace man :lol:

59 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Battered us 1-0.

Cringeworthy. We barely had a shot on goal. 

We were a fucking embarrassment whether you want to believe it or not. 

Out support has given up when people think playing celtic, having 25% of the ball and one shot on target is acceptable.

8 minutes ago, gsa said:

Out support has given up when people think playing celtic, having 25% of the ball and one shot on target is acceptable.

What would you have done differently, with those players, to change the outcome? 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Battered us 1-0.

Need to remember the next time we bombard a team at Ibrox without scoring, only for them to score with their only shot, that we actually hammered them and can't criticise our strikers.

28 minutes ago, gsa said:

Giving up is throwing an absolute temper tantrum after four games in the league, three of them being tough away games. 

I partly agree with @gsa. We weren’t  really in it but putting everything into context I’m not too worried just now. And as already asked, given all factors what players and tactics would have worked?

@BridgeIsBlue Smiths teams would soak up the pressure but had the players to punish them on the counter. The now we just don’t have an out ball , hopefully the new winger helps that problem. Work in progress and hopefully a sore defeat like yesterday gives the entire team a stronger motivation to succeed.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Giving up is throwing an absolute temper tantrum after four games in the league, three of them being tough away games. 

Motherwell away wasn't/isn't a tough game, we made it tough. 

I'm not remotely giving up, I still think/hope Gerrard will ultimately get it right. None of that detracts from the fact we were abysmal yesterday and Gerrard needs to have a long, hard look at the way he approached the game. 

If you think yesterday was good enough that's up to you. 

Personally I think Rangers playing celtic,at any location and watching them stroll around doing what they want, is embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Spot on Murzo. 

Do neither of you think that pressing them higher, swapping Lafferty for Middleton and being in their face wouldn't have made a difference? 

If you honestly believe that they are so good that all we can do is drop off, sit deep and hope, then its worse than I thought. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Do neither of you think that pressing them higher, swapping Lafferty for Middleton and being in their face wouldn't have made a difference? 

If you honestly believe that they are so good that all we can do is drop off, sit deep and hope, then its worse than I thought. 

So that's your answer? Pressing them higher, and burn the already tired team out within 25 minutes, then what? And put on young Middleton who has barely touched a ball in has last 2 appearances in against celtic? When he goes into his shell because he inevitably isn't ready, then what? Sub him? 

Have a think before you write pish mate.

12 minutes ago, gsa said:

It would have made absolutely fuck all difference, unless of course we wanted pumped even more so.

It has got bugger all to do with thinking they were good.

The Rangers players were knackered. Simple as. I'm utterly astonished so many on here cant see this. 

You can't press the high line if you haven't got the energy, and if you do, you cant get back to defend where it matters.

This is probably the third time i've mentioned this today. All the players wear GPS in training and during games. It gives feedback on all aspects of performance. Gerrard and his management team will have been entirely aware how knackered these guys were. All they have to do is review their performance stats.

If a group of players are averaging 10% less than usual in terms of speed and distance covered why the fuck would you say 'right lads, i know you are absolutley fucked but i want you to chase every single ball down, we're playing a high line today!'

Madness....

EDIT: Middleton has still to prove himself. A wee 10 min cameo against a few Eastern European full backs when they're shagged out does not justify an automatic start IMO.

7 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If you were to sum up our midfielders it’d be that they’re all grafters.

Not one of them has the ability to dictate a game.

Have to agree with this . 

If there is one thing I'd be critical of our midfield is the lack of clear cut chances we create , and not just yesterday . Fair enough , we've been down to 10 men a lot recently , so tactics have to change , but while we more often than not control the midfield we just seem to lack the guile and cunning to turn that domination into goal scoring opportunities. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Candeias for Judas for a start

That doesn't make any sense. Lafferty was probably our most effective and liveliest player in the first half. Put himself about a bit and pressed as best he could. Also, seemed to be playing mostly on the left. Candeias is a right sided midfielder. 

Also, Lafferty was on so that we had an aerial presence in the box so that when we did break and whipped in a ball we had someone there. It just so happened that the full backs never really got high enough up the park to whip in balls.

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You should save yourself the bother mate, some idiots clearly don't understand basic logic.

Maybe this will help the hard of thinking....

https://www.playertek.com/gb/playertek/

It's the diddy version of the vest but the web site explains in pictures ?