Tav better than Hutton

mitre_mouldmaster

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Hutton under Walter Smith was brilliant, Hutton under le guen and Mcleish was nothing more than meh. 

Latterly under Le Guen he was improving, but that's probably because under McLeish he was a young boy. He was still only 21 when Le Guen was here.

7 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I remember having a debate on here a while back around how good Tav actually is.

I said at the time that I thought he was on par with Hutton at his peak with us.

I actually think that Tav is even better than Hutton was for us now.

Guy is the complete player. Wonderful deliveries, dangerous attacking runs set piece threat. His defending is nowhere near as bad as people make out either.

Hope he stays with us for years yet.

On a day like this the last thing I want to do is bash the captain but Tavs defending still has a lot of room for improvement. No question. 

The headed chance missed at the end in Spain by Baka was case in point. Had that gone in all eyes would have been on Tav again. I wish to fuck he was as solid at the back as he is going forward but then again if he was it's highly doubtful he'd be with us. 

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

Latterly under Le Guen he was improving, but that's probably because under McLeish he was a young boy. He was still only 21 when Le Guen was here.

I know but all I’m saying is Hutton was only brilliant for maybe a 12 month spell and don’t get me wrong he was fucking brilliant in that spell but people forget the Hutton before Smith took over was bang average at best.  That said in that 12 month spell he was five times the player Tav is. 

49 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I know but all I’m saying is Hutton was only brilliant for maybe a 12 month spell and don’t get me wrong he was fucking brilliant in that spell but people forget the Hutton before Smith took over was bang average at best.  That said in that 12 month spell he was five times the player Tav is. 

That's the point I'm making though. He wasn't bang average so much as a young player still developing and improving.