At First

Bakbear

1 minute ago, Bakbear said:

Agree with all of that. But I believe we will win it.

Of course we take one game at a time. That’s a cliche for a reason 

However the togetherness, the quality, the improvement in players who we thought were duds, the depth of our squad, the character we have shown in Europe all contribute to this belief

we could all pinpoint opportunities last season that could have seen us easily contenders at a time when we had terrible management and worse players. There was still a gap. 

I don’t believe there is a gap now. As most others have said, only remaining psychological hurdle is a win against them. Once that is achieved, and I believe it will be achieved at the next meeting, we will be on our way to 55

and fuck it, I fully understand that I am being carried away but it feels great to believe again 

Not going to disagree with you mate.

Just still don't quite think comparatively we've got strength in depth, especially if they spend big all those Dembele dollars in January.

To win the league we'll need to maintain form, avoid injuries to key players, overcome mental refereeing decisions and have lady luck on our side. All along with the hard graft and full commitment expected.

I'm not convinced, yet, but as I say could be convinced by the closure of the transfer window and having played them at least once that we could just do it. Which surpasses all my expectations for the season.

We need a run of wins, too often in recent seasons we would drop unnecessary points both home and away against sides we should be beating. 

Obviously we're a better side this season, with a better squad of players to rotate. Although with European fixtures aswell, it makes these Sunday fixtures tougher. 

We have made a great start to the run convincing against Dundee and St Johnstone yesterday, but Livingston will make it tough this weekend and then for me the big one is the game against Hearts. 

If we go into the next international break with 12 points from 12, make no qualms about it, the title is on. 

8 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

they are going to spend their way out of trouble at Christmas for sure. We will need a healthy lead before then if we are going to win it I feel.

You're not allowed to buy players at Christmas.

2 minutes ago, The Wire said:

Pleased with how it’s going so far.

However we had the same euphoria after Murty had us playing well for a spell last season and we know how that turned out. 

Ffs mate you can’t compare Steven Gerrards Rangers to Murtys bawless shambles.

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Ffs mate you can’t compare Steven Gerrards Rangers to Murtys bawless shambles.

That wasn’t my intention. I’m just pointing out that we have a tendency to get carried away on here too early. 

It feels different this time but for me it’s still wait and see. 

31 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not going to disagree with you mate.

Just still don't quite think comparatively we've got strength in depth, especially if they spend big all those Dembele dollars in January.

To win the league we'll need to maintain form, avoid injuries to key players, overcome mental refereeing decisions and have lady luck on our side. All along with the hard graft and full commitment expected.

I'm not convinced, yet, but as I say could be convinced by the closure of the transfer window and having played them at least once that we could just do it. Which surpasses all my expectations for the season.

I think we all felt the depth of the squad was a problem but given that he is getting more out of Halliday, McRorie, and Jack. Given that Dorrans and Wallace are coming back into contention. Middleton and Kent have excelled versus my expectation. Worrall was added in centre half and looked good against Villarreal.  Ejaria is coming into a game and Candeias is really performing. The only real exposure is up front. With Lafferty, Morelos and Sadiq its thread bare. But manageable in our system  

Gerrard has declared his satisfaction with the size of the squad. I think he is managing the rotation brilliantly ensuring everyone stays engaged and ready without too much disruption to the performances. 

Compare and contrast with the meltdown across the City. Now it’s true they can go out and spend 20 million in the window (no laughing at the back) but we already see that spending money is no guarantee if you have a manager that can’t motivate 

1 hour ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

they are going to spend their way out of trouble at Christmas for sure. We will need a healthy lead before then if we are going to win it I feel.

Lets hope so. Brenda's transfer track record of late composed of shipping decent players, buying injured duds as replacements and handing 33yo lego a new contract.

They'll likely try and raid the sheep for McKenna, offering up some deadwood.