Full Support for Gerrard

RockwellGers

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Souness had Smith who had great knowledge of our game no one in Gerrard's camp has a great knowledge of Scottish football not even McAllister.

Is there any sort of correlation here ?

Apart from inferring Souness would not have hacked it without Wattie. Souness as is well documented is his own man.

We as a support have just got to back Stevie for at least a couple of seasons.... at least.

Hopefully , he will strengthen the squad in the next 2 or 3 windows and then we can take stock of where we are.

My feeling is he is the right man for the job and will lead us to 55.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

And the next manager, whoever that may be, will still be paying for many he inherited. Most managers who come in inherit some sort of backlog from the previous management.

His net spend was 5million apparently but that includes selling Windass for 2 million (who we've struggled to replace) and bring in 8 million worth of players, 4.5 million of whom haven't exactly contributed much in the 1st half of the season.

I can see why people say we have improved but statistically, in domestic competitions we really haven't, seen a league table last week of the results after 16 games in the last 2 seasons and we were bang on where we were 2 seasons ago, when the manager was getting hounded out the door I might add!

Time will tell as I fully believe he'll get the backing of the board until the end of the season (unless its a hammering on Saturday) but the signs don't look promising.

Not contributed much other than leading the table in December when folk talked about us winning the league, and going on a EL run that brought in more than the net spend in the summer.

December has realky hurt us, no two ways about it. But there are positives in amongst the bigger picture, we just need reinforcements in January be it a CF and creative midfielder or our injured to return to availability. Our squad simply hasn't been able to cope.

I would love a win on Saturday for many reasons, none moreso than to shout abuse at the posters who would be giving it we're gonna win the league so don't sack him after all 😉.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Joe Lewis goalkeeper- Over 100 appearances

Mark Reynolds centre back-  Over 200 appearances

Graeme Shinnie central midfielder- Over 150 appearances

So we agree they haven't had to rip apart their entire defence and Midfield every 12 months 3 years running. Got there in the end. They've lost important players at times whilst still being able to retain the integrity of that core unit. They're definitely not as good a side as they were before we came back up but that isn't the argument I'm making. If I'm being honest that Aberdeen side would probably cause our current side a lot more problems than they already have.

We ripped up ours Warbuton's first transfer window. Then again the following year and again this year. And if some people had it their way we'd do it again next summer. You understand the last time we ripped an entire team apart and built a practically new one from scratch that actually won things was nearly 20 years ago? And it cost us a fucken fortune, all to win a division that was tin pot even back then. Even with all the resources we've had there's a good reason we didn't do it more often and succeed.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye that's right in fact, these other players aren't part of the core nucleus of a squad, they are irrelevant:whistle:

The spine of team (Notice how I've said spine and or core and team about 20 fucken times and its being desperately ignored) is not its wide or attacking players.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

We as a support have just got to back Stevie for at least a couple of seasons.... at least.

Hopefully , he will strengthen the squad in the next 2 or 3 windows and then we can take stock of where we are.

My feeling is he is the right man for the job and will lead us to 55.

No we really don't.

3 windows fs may aswell just give him forever.

Zero evidence to support your feelings so far.

4 minutes ago, backup said:

Is there any sort of correlation here ?

Apart from inferring Souness would not have hacked it without Wattie. Souness as is well documented is his own man.

I think without Smith he would have struggled its easier if you have someone with knowledge of the Scottish game in your camp.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not contributed much other than leading the table in December when folk talked about us winning the league, and going on a EL run that brought in more than the net spend in the summer.

December has realky hurt us, no two ways about it. But there are positives in amongst the bigger picture, we just need reinforcements in January be it a CF and creative midfielder or our injured to return to availability. Our squad simply hasn't been able to cope.

I would love a win on Saturday for many reasons, none moreso than to shout abuse at the posters who would be giving it we're gonna win the league so don't sack him after all 😉.

Leading the table due to the scums inability to live up to expectations, not because we overextended our own.

Injuries have hurt is 100% agree there, losing so many players due to injury and suspension has meant we've dropped easily 10/15 points which we could have had but every team has to deal with that and so far I would say most of the big teams in our league have had their fair share of injuries so not really an excuse, we need to learn to deal with it better.

Lol! Get the last part but would love a win on Saturday too but not for Gerrard or for anybody else other than the fans who deserve it after these last few years, not to rub it in to anybody.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think without Smith he would have struggled its easier if you have someone with knowledge of the Scottish game in your camp.

To take your thesis to its ultimate conclusion suggests that.....our board threw two novices into managing The Rangers with nothing more than hope that it will all come good.

Sounds about par for the course with our board.

6 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The spine of team (Notice how I've said spine and or core and team about 20 fucken times and its being desperately ignored) is not its wide or attacking players.

It's not been ignored at all.

You don't think Morelos is part of our core? Interesting that, given his goals and Gerrard saying he was the focal point of our attack.

By changing to spine you are moving the goalposts of your argument to suit yourself, can you not see that all regular starters can be regarded as part of a core nucleus of a squad?  It's not beyond comprehension imo.

1 minute ago, backup said:

To take your thesis to its ultimate conclusion suggests that.....our board threw two novices into managing The Rangers with nothing more than hope that it will all come good.

Sounds about par for the course with our board.

We knew that when Gerrard was appointed it was never going to be a simple task of him just being Steven Gerrard and winning the league, he has to learn as he goes.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It's not been ignored at all.

You don't think Morelos is part of our core? Interesting that, given his goals and Gerrard saying he was the focal point of our attack.

By changing to spine you are moving the goalposts of your argument to suit yourself, can you not see that all regular starters can be regarded as part of a core nucleus of a squad?  It's not beyond comprehension imo.

I've not changed anything mate. I've been on about the spine and core of the TEAM, not the squad or the nuclease. Those are words other people have injected into the discussion as its went on. Never once have I used the words squad or nuclease. That would be moving the goalposts to suit an argument and you can just click the arrow in the top right of every reply to any post I've made to see everything I've said on this subject.

I've not been ambiguous about my position, I've been pretty fucken clear throughout so there's no need for anyone to deduce what point I'm making. I can't stand this "so what you're saying" horseshit so please spare me.

We all spent the entirety of the magic hats time in charge screaming out for a team with spine and lamented the fact that he kept signing wingers and AMs and saying that wasn't sorting out lack of a spine. Suddenly now, for the purpose of a bit of Gerrard bashing we're pretending spine and core in regard to the team, not the squad, now means something completely different.

So yes, it is being ignored because I'm saying up and people are arguing I've said down.

19 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aware of what Scottish Football is?

We’ve played defensively in past two games against St Johnstone and Hibs ffs.

Changing to the 4-4-2 helped us win game on Sunday yet he goes back to his negative tactics against 8th placed Hibs today. A Hibs side who played two up front against us.

I agree. There was no high pressing game in either of those games. There seems to be a myth we do that because we did it for an hour or so away to Hibs, and do it every now and then and break on teams. 

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

In fact the only player of that core that they've lost is Ryan Jack.

12 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I've not changed anything mate. I've been on about the spine and core of the TEAM, not the squad or the nuclease. Those are words other people have injected into the discussion as its went on. Never once have I used the words squad or nuclease. That would be moving the goalposts to suit an argument and you can just click the arrow in the top right of every reply to any post I've made to see everything I've said on this subject.

I've not been ambiguous about my position, I've been pretty fucken clear throughout so there's no need for anyone to deduce what point I'm making. I can't stand this "so what you're saying" horseshit so please spare me.

We all spent the entirety of the magic hats time in charge screaming out for a team with spine and lamented the fact that he kept signing wingers and AMs and saying that wasn't sorting out lack of a spine. Suddenly now, for the purpose of a bit of Gerrard bashing we're pretending spine and core in regard to the team, not the squad, now means something completely different.

So yes, it is being ignored because I'm saying up and people are arguing I've said down.

You didn't say TEAM initially though so how is anybody to know if you mean the team or the squad? Besides that they were important first team players anyway.

So that's you moving the goalposts again.

You not answering the question about Morelos mate?

3 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

I agree. There was no high pressing game in either of those games. There seems to be a myth we do that because we did it for an hour or so away to Hibs, and do it every now and then and break on teams. 

Earlier in the season we were playing pressing football with increasing regularity, (only slightly increasingly, then it seemed to regress). A few games in a row we managed to have a good second half in that respect, after a shakier first half. It's like we just needed to make it happen earlier in the game. It seems to have deserted us for the moment.

The amount of chances that we are not converting is completely unacceptable , yet I am still encouraged that we are pushing for so many, I honestly don't feel like we are so far away from scoring in these games.

If we don't manage a win against the scum all season the knives will be out for him We all know this will happen.fuck there will be calls for him to go if we don't win on Saturday never mind if we can't beat the scum all season. We are not the most patient of supporters and Stevie g will find this out if we keep on dropping points.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Those players I mentioned were not core players for Aberdeen or part of their spine? Of course the majority were. 😂

McLean - 140 appearances

Rooney - 197 appearances

O'Connor - 89 appearances over 2 years

McGinn - 223 Appearances

Hayes - 206 appearances.

Taylor - 126 appearances over 3 years 

That's like claiming Morelos was not part of our spine or a huge loss if he left on Tuesday! Everyone I mentioned was an important player and a loss to Aberdeen.

You're acting like Aberdeen have kept all their best key players, McInnes has had to replace important players season in and season out. Its not even debatable. 

How fucken hard is it to understand simple English? I haven't said they didn't lose important players, you find me one post where that is what I've said. I said, clearly as possible, that they haven't ripped up their entire first team, most notably the entire core or spine of their side, every 12 months 3 or 4 years running. That was literally my original post in reply to Stepps. It's there in black and white.

Just like I didn't say the horrors were skint but you spent a year bringing it back to that discussion and saying I did.

Can someone give me an honest answer as to why if you disagree with a post you can't just make a counter argument to what has actually been posted instead of this tactic of taking what someone has said and continuously misrepresenting the point. I could understand if it wasn't clear but I'm pretty sure I made it clear. Nothing about Aberdeen not losing good or important players, just a simple point that they haven't in the last 3 or 4 years changed almost an entire spine of their side, not once but 3 summers running?

The Old Firm isn’t the time for experiments but I wouldn’t be against us trying something like this after the winter break.

We have the attacking full backs in Barasic and Tav, we have two defensive minded midfielders in Jack and Coulibaly and Arfield could easily play from the right with either Kent or Grezda on the left coming infield more often with Lafferty and Morelos upfront.

We need to try something different and have it in our locker because 4-3-3 has been found out.

14 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You didn't say TEAM initially though so how is anybody to know if you mean the team or the squad? Besides that they were important first team players anyway.

So that's you moving the goalposts again.

You not answering the question about Morelos mate?

You want to play the semantics game mate go right ahead but there it is right there in black and white, spine of the side, right smack dab in the middle of my original post in this discussion.

If we lost Morelos in January would you say we'd lost the spine of our team? We'd have lost one part of it but to say we'd lost the entirety of it wouldn't be accurate would it? Aberdeen have lost players from their spine but they haven't lost or changed the whole fucken lot every summer, 3 summers running have they? And that is the point I made and have a continued to make. Again all in black and white and simple English. If that's moving the goalposts then what do you call it when people start changing it from team/side to squad? And can you point me to the posts of you calling that out for goal post moving.

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Those players I mentioned were not core players for Aberdeen or part of their spine? Of course the majority were. 😂

McLean - 140 appearances

Rooney - 197 appearances

O'Connor - 89 appearances over 2 years

McGinn - 223 Appearances

Hayes - 206 appearances.

Taylor - 126 appearances over 3 years 

That's like claiming Morelos was not part of our spine or a huge loss if he left on Tuesday! Everyone I mentioned was an important player and a loss to Aberdeen.

You're acting like Aberdeen have kept all their best key players, McInnes has had to replace important players season in and season out. Its not even debatable. 

Who’s Taylor mate? Canny think at all.