Full Support for Gerrard

RockwellGers

1 minute ago, wullyRFC said:

He's already filled the squad full of shite who we'll struggle to get rid of so now its already a rebuilding job.

Many of the permanent signings aren't shite, and have been injured. We've then over relied on loanees (Who should have been backfil) who've never played this number of games at this level in their lives. The majority on here had us desperate to sign permanently a good few of those loanees earlier in the season. 

Key players missing all season long have cost us due to the scale of change not giving us the squad depth we needed to cover injuries. That's why he needs more windows to get to the stage that the bench is as strong as the starting 11.

But maybe we should ignore all that, expect every manager to turn it around in 6 months, then bring in a replacement and sack him in summer if he doesn't transform Gerrard's shite squad. Aye that's sensible.

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

but then again he could have us sitting about filth or sixth. 

Yes, he could but his record here shows he knows what he's doing here this is the difference between someone who's had more experience than someone learning the game.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Many of the permanent signings aren't shite, and have been injured. We've then over relied on loanees (Who should have been backfil) who've never played this number of games at this level in their lives. The majority on here had us desperate to sign permanently a good few of those loanees earlier in the season. 

Key players missing all season long have cost us due to the scale of change not giving us the squad depth we needed to cover injuries. That's why he needs more windows to get to the stage that the bench is as strong as the starting 11.

But maybe we should ignore all that, expect every manager to turn it around in 6 months, then bring in a replacement and sack him in summer if he doesn't transform Gerrard's shite squad. Aye that's sensible.

Excuse after excuse. You could have wrote the same for Pedro.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

2 loans, finished, one absolute coward still getting a game, Flanagan shite, a winger we spent 2 million on who looks pretty shite and doesn’t get many starts.

Pena so we have a goal threat.

Man City have players they can rely on all over the park, we have Morelos.

Fuck Davis

How long has Pep had to build?? how much money does he have to spend?? 

Stupid comparison. 

Again loan signings are a gamble they can work they can be a disaster, but how else were we to have enough players for a season when we can’t afford to rebuild a full squad in one window. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Managing Killie where his team get time on the ball and don’t have a packed defence to deal with is nowhere near the same as it would be managing Rangers. 

Not that I would want the taig cunt as our manager. 

Made this point yesterday. Kilmarnock play defensively and hit teams on the break. With the players we have available I’m sure Clarke would also struggle to break through a team playing a low block. I wish he would hurry up and fuck off back to England so his name stops being mentioned as the answer to all of our problems.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

I'm telling you--you can quite easily find out if he was injury prone before coming here, you don't have to a degree in medicine to deduce that fact. Then you can dispense with the if's. - Just a weird thing to write all-round. 

"they can't be held accountable for players getting niggly injuries and having to sit out for a few weeks at a time." - If the players they sign are injured at the time or known to be injury prone, then yes they can. I didn't mention Kent at all.

They didn't replace Windass at all. He's not a winger first and foremost and no-one in the squad other than Morelos seems able to score more than 5-10 goals a season. - They are both attacking players expected to provide goals and assists. One left for about £2m, the other arrived for about £2m.

It's weird to point you could quite easily find out for a fact if he was injury prone  or not by a simple google search for his recorded appearances before signing for us? It's only weird to you because you want to deal in if's to bulk up your complaints and I've pointed out there's plenty to pour over with our current manager without that shite.

When they sign a player that's injured then they can be held accountable for him taking so long to get up to speed, I've not disagreed with that, I'm saying the constant stop start of both Grezda and Barasic's time here isn't there fault. Players with long recovery periods tend to get daft little strains and pulls. Its the nature of being a fucken athlete with a long term injury. I mentioned Kent because he's had similar problems with strains and knocks which out of the control of our management team. Now I'll ask you one last time to dispense with the if's and go and find me evidence that either Barisic or Grezda were so obviously injury prone that there's no way our medical staff couldn't know unless they are shit at their jobs. That way you can either add that to the list of factual problems we've got that the manager can take the blame for or you can throw it away and start focusing on the stuff that there's no argument he's at fault for.

Grezda didn't replace Windass, Windass hasn't been replace at all. That's a fuck up from Gerrard whatever way we slice it.

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Arguably the most inaccurate thing ever posted on this site.

So they've overhauled their backline, central midfield and GK every summer then have they? Please list the players out and the players in. They typicall play 3 at the back and three in midfield. So that's 6 players to start with not including wing backs and the goalies.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How long has Pep had to build?? how much money does he have to spend?? 

Stupid comparison. 

Again loan signings are a gamble they can work they can be a disaster, but how else were we to have enough players for a season when we can’t afford to rebuild a full squad in one window. 

I never made the comparison.

A gamble that never worked. His ‘destroyer’ bottled challenges with Efe Ambrose

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

It's weird to point you could quite easily find out for a fact if he was injury prone  or not by a simple google search for his recorded appearances before signing for us? It's only weird to you because you want to deal in if's to bulk up your complaints and I've pointed out there's plenty to pour over with our current manager without that shite.

When they sign a player that's injured then they can be held accountable for him taking so long to get up to speed, I've not disagreed with that, I'm saying the constant stop start of both Grezda and Barasic's time here isn't there fault. Players with long recovery periods tend to get daft little strains and pulls. Its the nature of being a fucken athlete with a long term injury. I mentioned Kent because he's had similar problems with strains and knocks which out of the control of our management team. Now I'll ask you one last time to dispense with the if's and go and find me evidence that either Barisic or Grezda were so obviously injury prone that there's no way our medical staff couldn't know unless they are shit at their jobs. That way you can either add that to the list of factual problems we've got that the manager can take the blame for or you can throw it away and start focusing on the stuff that there's no argument he's at fault for.

Grezda didn't replace Windass, Windass hasn't been replace at all. That's a fuck up from Gerrard whatever way we slice it.

Honestly think that was Kent’s roll to replace Windass, and he’s a far better player than Windass just hasn’t pitched in with enough goals. 

49 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Neither of the players in bold has had a chance to really get going. Of all the things that can be laid at Gerrard's doorstep this isn't one of them unless we're just going right over the edge and blaming him for injuries as well.

As for Shagger and Arfield, they weren't signed before he became manager so he could have blocked those moves as soon as he was in the door but he didn't. What he did was took the advice of the existing scouting/recruitment team and made the decision, just as he has done with everyone of his other signings.

Archie Knox found Laudrup but he doesn't get or deserve the credit for signing him, Walter does and rightly so. He's the manager its his decision.

We can't just pick and choose what our manager(s) are responsible for just to play mental gymnastics so we've a stick to beat him with. Gerrards made enough bad decisions for us to dissect without going out of our way to manufacture ones.

Would say that Barisic can't be laid at Gerrard's door because of injuries but Grezda has looked terrible in every match he's played, including the hammering of Motherwell, first half of that game he was terrible!

Fair enough about blocking the transfers, he could have but the point was that he had 2 ready made transfers set out for him coming in, they weren't exactly scouting miracles, 1 was an ex player and the other was someone that we'd be linked with for years who was on a free & who had all his terms agreed, hardly ground breaking.

My worry is, do we trust him with another huge chunk of money in January given his signings/performances so far?

6 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Excuse after excuse. You could have wrote the same for Pedro.

Those who expected us to win the league despite it being entirely unrealistic do tend to find reasoning rather than your perceived "excuses".

Those who knew it would take at least several seasons to develop a squad will hopefully continue to give the time needed whilst the unrealistic lot want him sacked and the merry go round to continue.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never made the comparison.

A gamble that never worked. His ‘destroyer’ bottled challenges with Efe Ambrose

Again tell me a permanent signing that is a complete loss. 

And tell me how we were supposed to have a big enough squad without gambling on loans???? 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Those who expected us to win the league despite it being entirely unrealistic do tend to find reasoning to be "excuses".

Those who knew it would take at least several seasons to develop a squad will hopefully continue to give the time needed whilst the unrealistic lot want him sacked and the merry go round to continue.

With the right manager (well an actuall managet at least) and the right player recruitment its not unrealistic to win more than half your games which would see us top of the league just now. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Again tell me a permanent signing that is a complete loss. 

And tell me how we were supposed to have a big enough squad without gambling on loans???? 

I can take the second question stop pissing away the clubs money in court cases with fat ashley.

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

So they've overhauled their backline, central midfield and GK every summer then have they? Please list the players out and the players in. They typicall play 3 at the back and three in midfield. So that's 6 players to start with not including wing backs and the goalies.

McGinn, Hayes and Rooney all have 200 odd appearances for them, to say they've not been a part of their core squad is embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Would say that Barisic can't be laid at Gerrard's door because of injuries but Grezda has looked terrible in every match he's played, including the hammering of Motherwell, first half of that game he was terrible!

Fair enough about blocking the transfers, he could have but the point was that he had 2 ready made transfers set out for him coming in, they weren't exactly scouting miracles, 1 was an ex player and the other was someone that we'd be linked with for years who was on a free & who had all his terms agreed, hardly ground breaking.

My worry is, do we trust him with another huge chunk of money in January given his signings/performances so far?

I refuse to judge players based on 2 or 3 games regardless of what their fitness was like prior to their debuts.

I never got on the Coulibally train that started after he played 3 games. Posters on here wanted Tav or Morelos sold to fund his full transfer ffs.

Just now, wullyRFC said:

With the right manager (well an actuall managet at least) and the right player recruitment its not unrealistic to win more than half your games which would see us top of the league just now. 

So we sack him? Who do we go for as the right manager, how long do they get to turn around Gerrards "shite" squad before we turn on him?

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Those who expected us to win the league despite it being entirely unrealistic do tend to find reasoning to be "excuses".

Those who got duped by the appointment of a 'big name' manager will continue to find "reasoning" for his poor first half to the season.

Those who won't accept Rangers being a learning ground for any manager, regardless of his record as a player, will continue to strive for the club to have a proper manager.

2 very different ways to look at things

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So we sack him? Who do we go for as the right manager, how long do they get to turn around Gerrards "shite" squad before we turn on him?

No whats done is done. We let him continue to make a cunt of it untill the fee for sacking him becomes affordable. Then we let the board make another terrible appointment. Repeat.

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I refuse to judge players based on 2 or 3 games regardless of what their fitness was like prior to their debuts.

I never got on the Coulibally train that started after he played 3 games. Posters on here wanted Tav or Morelos sold to fund his full transfer ffs.

Fair enough, can understand that, Barisic I'm wiling to give a chance to but still not seen anything from Grezda yet to justify it

As for the Morelos/Tav selling, they're are our 2 best players by a mile (McGregor excluded as he won't go for anything substantial). If we sell either of them then it's us admitting that the league is gone for another season and that we're starting another rebuilding