Full Support for Gerrard

RockwellGers

For me personally, Europe was fine but I was never comfortable with how it affected us with having to rotate/rest etc. I think come the summer I will look back at these European games and say aye, the money was most welcome and we have ended up with cash for decent signings out of it hopefully. 

Money from it was worth it, jaded tired cluelessness we are seeing now wasn't.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gerrard has access to more money than teams like Kilmarnock/Aberdeen and Hibs could ever imagine.

we’ve not beat any of them in league after 5 games against them..

Not sure what point your trying to make. 

We humped Killie in the cup does that not count. 

We held teams in Europe to draws and beat them with a far lower budget should they sack their managers and rip up their squads. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We held teams in Europe to draws and beat them with a far lower budget should they sack their managers and rip up their squads. 

They did sack their managers, every one of them in group :lol:

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All 3 did lol

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The group stage showed again that we bottle every decent chance we have

We fucked it big time but people are willing to give him 3 windows for it. I'm glad for people who accept mediocre pish it must make their life that bit easier but thank fuck we all don't or we would be a club on par with St Mirren

7 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

We fucked it big time but people are willing to give him 3 windows for it. I'm glad for people who accept mediocre pish it must make their life that bit easier but thank fuck we all don't or we would be a club on par with St Mirren

Imagine giving Caixinha three windows :lol: 

We have no option but to give Stevie another year (three windows including last summer) from now IMO, we will certainly know by then if he is doing the job we hope he can do. We cannot afford to do anything else anyway, this is an experiment that will have to run its course, and I would like him to be successful if he can be. 

What is essential is that he can get in some players this Jan window who are better than we have, because only better players will make our team better. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gerrard has access to more money than teams like Kilmarnock/Aberdeen and Hibs could ever imagine.

we’ve not beat any of them in league after 5 games against them..

This is silly to me. 

These teams do not play aberdeen or each other the way they play Rangers or celtic. That is simply a fact. 

Teams set them self up to play us differently, they do not set themselves up to play aberdeen differently. Every game against Rangers is a cup final as well. It’s a small footballer mentality - give everything they have against Rangers/celtic. 

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

For me personally, Europe was fine but I was never comfortable with how it affected us with having to rotate/rest etc. I think come the summer I will look back at these European games and say aye, the money was most welcome and we have ended up with cash for decent signings out of it hopefully. 

Money from it was worth it, jaded tired cluelessness we are seeing now wasn't.

My thoughts exactly.

5 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

This is silly to me. 

These teams do not play aberdeen or each other the way they play Rangers or celtic. That is simply a fact. 

Teams set them self up to play us differently, they do not set themselves up to play aberdeen differently. Every game against Rangers is a cup final as well. It’s a small footballer mentality - give everything they have against Rangers/celtic. 

Nothing new there.

Only thing that’s changed is OUR response to that.

Currently, that looks a bit mixed.

Come Saturday tea time, it’ll either be great or woeful!

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you want to bring the LC into it, then that Killie game is SG’s only win against what I would regard as the top 3 rivals in the division. (I’m calling Hearts a busted flush because of all their injuries).

As we’re including LC, that also brings in another defeat to one of said top 3.

SG’s got 1 win in 8 against these clubs.

still trust in stevie

sorry if this has been mentioned but he is deffo the man for  the job.

He needs support in the january window but I am confident he will get it.

Not saying he will win spfl this season but confident that with trust and support he will stop tims winning 10.

On 27/12/2018 at 02:44, sassaaaa said:

Your first two lines were exactly the reason he should never have got the job.

And lacking experience isn't true either, he has all his tickets, he's been at the top of the game for years as a player, he's been in charge of a team at Liverpool,  albeit youngsters.  The guy knows the score full well. He made some personnel blunders that have come back to haunt him which he might be able to recover from this coming window. The fact is the team is exactly what we see week in week out: a decent goalkeeper,  a talented but temperamental striker, and the rest - mostly semi-talented journeymen who are really only there for the wage. 

I'll grant that there has been progress but SG needs to pick up the pace in that department and quick. Reputations have a habit of eroding fast in football management. 

2 hours ago, Mesmer said:

And lacking experience isn't true either, he has all his tickets, he's been at the top of the game for years as a player, he's been in charge of a team at Liverpool,  albeit youngsters.  The guy knows the score full well. He made some personnel blunders that have come back to haunt him which he might be able to recover from this coming window. The fact is the team is exactly what we see week in week out: a decent goalkeeper,  a talented but temperamental striker, and the rest - mostly semi-talented journeymen who are really only there for the wage. 

I'll grant that there has been progress but SG needs to pick up the pace in that department and quick. Reputations have a habit of eroding fast in football management. 

Lets face it his reputation will take quite an knock if he doesnt beat these bastards after all thats what he is here for

53 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You think Klopp or Guardiola would do better with the players we’ve got?  FFS. Time to give it a rest. SG needs time to put it right.

Would two of the best managers in the world do better than a rookie? Eh, yeah!

Gerrard, obviously needs time, and I think he can be successful. However, flip your question about - would you rather have Klopp or Guardiola as manager, as opposed to Gerrard?

We have maybe 3 or 4 good players but we are not a very good team at the moment but with time and hopefully more funding from the board we will get there. Unfortunately tomorrow with injuries mounting and the usual suspects doing a disappearing act against the scum I can only see one outcome but like the rest of you I hope to fuck we at least put up a fight and try and win the game.