Ross McCrorie

RangersMedia

9 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

@Courtyard Bear This was what I was getting at in reference to Killie game.

What difference would that have made to Worral having a brain fart or Kent’s poor square ball???

Your living in the world of ifs and buts, if Killie had consistently carved us open through the middle then you would have a point but they didn’t, we gifted them 2 goals and they sat in with a well organised defence and said thanks very much for the gift. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What difference would that have made to Worral having a brain fart or Kent’s poor square ball???

Your living in the world of ifs and buts, if Killie had consistently carved us open through the middle then you would have a point but they didn’t, we gifted them 2 goals and they sat in with a well organised defence and said thanks very much for the gift. 

So are you, if worral has cleared it yes that opportunity would have been saved and if Kent hadn’t squared the ball jones wouldn’t have been able to attack. Still doesn’t mean Killie wouldn’t have scored, just that the two opportunities they did score from wouldn’t have been gifted. 

Again ifs and buts.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So are you, if worral has cleared it yes that opportunity would have been saved and if Kent hadn’t squared the ball jones wouldn’t have been able to attack. Still doesn’t mean Killie wouldn’t have scored, just that the two opportunities they did score from wouldn’t have been gifted. 

Again ifs and buts.

But those things did happen. 

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yes correct and so did the stat of Mccrorrie playing and ya conceding very little goals. 

Going round in circles here, I’m sure Worral will be banging on Stevies door to tell him McCrorie must play because it stops him being a muppet with the ball at his feet. 

28 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Going round in circles here, I’m sure Worral will be banging on Stevies door to tell him McCrorie must play because it stops him being a muppet with the ball at his feet. 

Two different points. I’m not defending Worrall. I’m saying that the likelihood off Killie scoring is greatly reduced..

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I doubt it would of made a difference to Worrall's mistake but it may have made a difference to the performance in the 70 minutes after that. 

14 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

The stats posted earlier in the thread are very impressive if a little surprising. They perhaps show how important young Ross actually is to the team when a lot of people would maybe take the job he does for granted. 

I'm sure there are plenty who'll disagree but I think if we are going to continue with this 433 formation it's Ryan Jack's place which will come under threat from Davis, not McCrorie. Most of the other midfielders we have are very similar, he's got something just a bit different and as those earlier posted stats and last 2 performances show, almost vital to the team. 

It should be Jack IMO, but dropping McCrorie seems to be the easier option for Gerrard. 

And if McCrorie could improve on his passing and decision making in possession we’d have a real asset on our hands. 

27 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

That is outstanding. He has fully deserved his place in the side.

Stats can prove anything .but those stats back up what we see with our eyes .a player with energy and commitment in an area of the park it's most important 

Superb that he's one of our own too 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Stats can prove anything .but those stats back up what we see with our eyes .a player with energy and commitment in an area of the park it's most important 

Superb that he's one of our own too 

Definetely I remember a point last season when we went on our run after the break and we'd picked up a number of clean sheets and if you looked at just the numbers you'd think we had a competent defence featuring Russel Martin and it just was not the case.

He's the only player in our team that can do that job and I think it really benefits Ryan Jack too. However, that's a debate for another day.

I looked deeper into that tweet. He's started 10 games this season. We've conceded 4 goals, won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1. The loss was against Rapid and one of the draws was the 0-0 against Shkupi when we were 2-0 up from the first leg.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Definetely I remember a point last season when we went on our run after the break and we'd picked up a number of clean sheets and if you looked at just the numbers you'd think we had a competent defence featuring Russel Martin and it just was not the case.

He's the only player in our team that can do that job and I think it really benefits Ryan Jack too. However, that's a debate for another day.

I looked deeper into that tweet. He's started 10 games this season. We've conceded 4 goals, won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1. The loss was against Rapid and one of the draws was the 0-0 against Shkupi when we were 2-0 up from the first leg.

Also fantastic stats .for me when I see him he does the work or 1 and a half players at least 

8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Also fantastic stats .for me when I see him he does the work or 1 and a half players at least 

Even though it's a small sample size we're winning or can win 12% more games in the league with him in the side. It might not seem much but over 38 games that's an extra 4-5 wins a season which could be vital