Ross McCrorie

RangersMedia

20 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Special mention to Ejaria for choosing to watch football rather than play (this was boxing day!)

DvW9bRXXgAAUK95.jpg

Imagine Ejaria in that game yesterday. Would have been kicked early doors, shat it and been subbed off at the hour mark. We won yesterday because McCrorie, Arfield and Jack wanted it more and were prepared to dig in and graft for it. That’s traits that I don’t think Ejaria will ever have because he’s a luxury player. He might end up on the showboat on Soccer AM every week but he won’t ever win anything meaningful in his career.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Imagine Ejaria in that game yesterday. Would have been kicked early doors, shat it and been subbed off at the hour mark. We won yesterday because McCrorie, Arfield and Jack wanted it more and were prepared to dig in and graft for it. That’s traits that I don’t think Ejaria will ever have because he’s a luxury player. He might end up on the showboat on Soccer AM every week but he won’t ever win anything meaningful in his career.

My post was kinda tongue in cheek however whilst it doesn't say a lot about the boys ambitions, character or future in the game, at least he had the balls to say I don't fancy this. Because if he was still here there is every chance he would have been involved and you're right I don't think he could have coped. Him leaving is a blessing in disguise. McCrorie has grabbed the opportunity with both hands. The shirt is now his to lose.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Smile said:

Improvement from last year doesn't dive in now constantly and give away needless fouls him and Morelos have upped their game under Gerrard.

Agreed doesn't seem to be doing it because he's a yard closer to players as he's either reading the game better or fitter (or both).

I really like this lad. One of the things that Pedro got laughed at for was saying that Ross would be a future captain of Scotland and Rangers. I honestly believe that he will be. He is maturing at a rate of knots and is getting better and better under Gerrard. In the old firm game he looked like a seasoned pro and will continue to learn his craft and get better. He also loves the club and you can see how proud he is to wear the jersey. There will be times when his form dips but I definitely think he’ll go on to be a Rangers great. 

23 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Agreed doesn't seem to be doing it because he's a yard closer to players as he's either reading the game better or fitter (or both).

Great physical presence & becoming more game aware as he matures.  

Puts his body into tackles that other players wouldn’t dream of. 

Keep improving big man. 

The stats posted earlier in the thread are very impressive if a little surprising. They perhaps show how important young Ross actually is to the team when a lot of people would maybe take the job he does for granted. 

I'm sure there are plenty who'll disagree but I think if we are going to continue with this 433 formation it's Ryan Jack's place which will come under threat from Davis, not McCrorie. Most of the other midfielders we have are very similar, he's got something just a bit different and as those earlier posted stats and last 2 performances show, almost vital to the team.