Talksport- Morelos

gman

22 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

In the Group Stages? Not for a long time, no.

Either way, playing in the EPL 38 times a year against teams like Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, City etc is more appealing than a few European games a year.

Exactly he will treble or quadruple his wages and once every three weeks or so he will be facing a City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs. Clubs who are all Champions League calibre teams, or there abouts. Even when they aren’t playing those sides there are a lot of players capable of playing at that level dotted around the crapper English sides now too.

Being able to offer a stab at the Champions League was a carrot to dangle in the early 2000’s but it’s not not now. England is anouther level entirely and for as much as I enjoyed the Europa League run, it’s still the competition that nobody wants to play in.

It amazes me that there are still some supporters who don’t want to admit that.

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Exactly he will treble or quadruple his wages and once every three weeks or so he will be facing a City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs. Clubs who are all Champions League calibre teams, or there abouts. Even when they aren’t playing those sides there are a lot of players capable of playing at that level dotted around the crapper English sides now too.

Being able to offer a stab at the Champions League was a carrot to dangle in the early 2000’s but it’s not not now. England is anouther level entirely and for as much as I enjoyed the Europa League run, it’s still the competition that nobody wants to play in.

It amazes me that there are still some supporters who don’t want to admit that.

Isn't it also the case that the second placed team in Scotland will soon be playing in the third tier competition? And it's becoming more and more difficult to reach the groups of the Champions League