Talksport- Morelos

gman

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Said many months back when the media wrongly reported him wanting to go to the epl that he may be more suited to la Liga, the Costa idea is a good shout.

Needs to bang a hat trick versus the Fenians before he leaves

Steve's crying again

Said it before and i stand by it. If the jakes can get £19m for Dembele then we can demand the same for Morelos. 

Potential, age,  current ability and is a full international.  If no team prepares the cash he’s worth then he goes nowhere. 

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Liverpool aren’t going to sign Morelos FFS :lol:

If he moves to England it’ll be to a Everton, Leicester or Southampton type first.

I still think his most likely destination is gonna be Bournemouth given the Defoe deal. Seeing as they're filthy rich I'd be hoping at least £15m+. That's just going by the loan deals though, Bournemouth and Southampton looking like potential suitors before getting that big money move to the top 6 in a few years time. If he reaches his potential he's a £40m+ player down there. 

9 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Liverpool aren’t going to sign Morelos FFS :lol:

If he moves to England it’ll be to a Everton, Leicester or Southampton type first.

This all day long. One thing doing it against Kilmarnock but playing against Bayern Munich, Man City etc.. is another planet. 

8 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I genuinely can’t see him failing in the EPL. He is the epitome of the modern day lone striker and just takes every challenge in his stride.

Look at last season, he missed 2 sitters against the taigs and 1 for Colombia, which for some young players would destroy their confidence. Instead he’s responded with nearly 30 goals already this season and some great performances in Europe as well

It's a completely different level of quality. Many players that are flying in lesser leagues can't make that transition to the EPL successfully. Morelos is showing consistent signs this season of outstanding skill (for SPL level) and I'm fucking delighted we've got him; however, to be mentioning him in the same breath as some of the EPL's leading lights is extremely premature imho.

12 hours ago, cushynumber said:

For me Morleos is a perfect fit for a bottom half EPL team. he will get you up the park, link play, win fouls and score. Sombody like burnely, crystal palace or brighton should move heaven and earth to get him

Know what your saying there, but he would never see European football with those teams mate. 

30 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Are you saying we won’t play in Champions League ever again? 

In the Group Stages? Not for a long time, no.

Either way, playing in the EPL 38 times a year against teams like Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool, City etc is more appealing than a few European games a year.

I hope he stays another season but realistically, that isn't going to happen so we just need to hope the club get top dollar for him and add on a sell on clause to lessen the blow.

Feel he is worth 20 million at this moment in time....... could see him joining a lower level EPL club for around that price.

If he does move to different club for the next season and Rangers get for an example 14 million pounds then I recommend Rangers to 100% spend 1 million or can be for less to buy a young centre midfield player we have here name Andrés Felipe Amaya is 17 years old. He will be worth a lot of money in the future and will play in Europe. For me I think a club that have many scout here like FC Porto or Benfica will get him before he turns to 20 years old. 

5 hours ago, Bydo said:

I can’t help but feel extreme sadness at the thought that Alfredo will score 30+ goals for us in a season, but we won’t win the league and we will punt him. A title is no less than he deserves.

I get the sentiment but Alfredo's just doing the job he's paid to do and will move on because it benefits him financially. It's us fans who have stuck by the club through 7 years of absolute hell being constantly goaded by the scum who actually deserve the next title.

On 21/02/2019 at 08:41, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thinking this too.

I also reckon there's better leagues and teams that could suit him more than the EPL. Watched Atletico Madrid and couldn't help but see him as a longer term natural replacement for Costa

I just can't see him staying another season. There are quotes from him in the Sun today and it's sounding very much like he's planning to leave in the summer:

He said: “Well, the offers are interesting.

“In the winter market nothing came up because the coach wanted me here, and I stayed with Rangers.

“The manager made me aware that he wants me here in the team.

“That’s why he was talking with a lot of confidence to the press, with the idea I was going to stay.

“I don’t what the executive team was talking about but there was never an agreement.

“The manager was happy. He wanted me to stay here to help Rangers become champions this season.

“But now we have good expectations for summer.

“We know we are working well, and we have a lot of clubs interested.

“But as I said we are waiting till the end of the season.

“I can’t confirm anything, but I am aware there are a lot of clubs interested.

“We will have to pray everything works out in the best way.”