Jakey Clark outburst

Junior Soprano

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Has the sectarian sham ever been mentioned when we aren’t in the cross hairs???

This has got nothing to do with any sectarian issue, we don’t have a sectarian issue in Scotland unless you want to include single faith schooling. This is simply a stick to beat us with, started by a sad wee man trying to hide the fact that his team ain’t as good as he or his pals in the media would have you believe. 

So we can sit on our hands with mouths taped shut for 90 mins if that makes you happy, they will just move on to something else to beat us with, the quicker you and others wise up to this reality the better. 

I don’t sit on my hands with my mouth taped shut, I enjoy a right good old Rangers song that has no add ons, doesn’t get the club in bother and has no religious element to it (because I’m not religious you see) 

it can be done you know- I’ve been doing it for over 30 years  

We give them it - they will gobble  it up 

can I ask you a question? Do you think we should be singing “sad fenian bastard “? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I don’t sit on my hands with my mouth taped shut, I enjoy a right good old Rangers song that has no add ons, doesn’t get the club in bother and has no religious element to it (because I’m not religious you see) 

can I ask you a question? Do you think we should be singing “sad fenian bastard “? 

We should be singing whatever we want let’s be honest

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Fuck all religious about Fenian, unless your looking to be offended. 

We don’t give them it they just find something else to hit us with, when is this going to sink in. As has been said do you remember the Hokey Cokey debacle is that nursery rhyme sectarian. They will also tell you The Bouncey is sectarian and don’t even get them started on We Are The People, are you starting to see trend a here  

Sing what you like for 90mins then leave it there and go have a pint. 

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Our next 2 away games are Pittodrie and Easter Road, a lot of you people should turn the sound down on your TVs you're not going to like what you hear

More likely to turn it up and sing along.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Never understood why a religion should be above scrutiny and criticism and if it warrants it, abuse.

👍

Yes mate .... and one religion in particular has been at the forefront when it comes to abusing .... and will not tolerate any criticism in that area either.

3 hours ago, smudger.kp said:

I Remember the time they were offended by children singing the hokey cokey and tried to get it banned from singing it in kids nurseries.They said it was sectarian ffs.

Yup and that was rightly laughed away by any sensible person.

IMO it's a bit different when we are actually giving them real ammo to use against us.

20 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Yup and that was rightly laughed away by any sensible person.

IMO it's a bit different when we are actually giving them real ammo to use against us.

What real ammo?

Calling someone a fenian is not sectarian

20 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

What real ammo?

Calling someone a fenian is not sectarian

Fenian bastard is though.   Pretty sure this has already been ruled upon by the courts.  

The songs don't bother me, I like them and think it's all part of football culture.   My only issue is the public perception the club gets from the bad press, and the possibility of punishments down the line.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Fenian bastard is though.   Pretty sure this has already been ruled upon by the courts.  

The songs don't bother me, I like them and think it's all part of football culture.   My only issue is the public perception the club gets from the bad press, and the possibility of punishments down the line.

There won't be punishments down the line it will open a can of worms they don't want

26 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

He must be a bit pissed at lenny having his feet under the table at septic park :pipe:

TLBs only there to smoothe over the big bump in the road left by the tranny lovers leaving,to get their scummy fans back onboard,'one of us' syndrome,he'll be gone again soon enough😉

On 26/02/2019 at 19:20, Blue Avenger said:

Who the fuck would be breaking the law? Exactly, no one!

The type of fan would be one who takes pride in our culture, hertitage and traditions and defends them with honour and pride and not cow tow to the fucking bigotry that we have had to suffer over our history and for the last 10 years in particular. Without that, you are a supporter of something else. Partick Thistle would be a good match. No offence to them.

We get bad publicity for not doing anything wrong, but because we are hated, but you already know that. So you want us to stop doing things that are indeed within the law to appease the haters everywhere? You need a serious word with yourself. You do undesrtand what the law is, what justice is, what equality is, what civili liberties are? If you wish to live in a republican dictatorship go fill your boots, because you will not find one at Ibrox nor ever will. 

You are deluded.  It's pointless even trying to reason with you.  

14 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

WE should never give that Jakey an excuse to boot us in the balls. Fact is we should give no cunt any excuse. 

It”s the way it has to be. The sooner this sinks in the better 

Agreed mate.  Some people just refuse to accept that times have changed and all the keyboard battering will not alter that.

14 hours ago, jintybear said:

What should we do instead? Should we sit there quietly and clap politely whenever we score? 

@gogzy I have quoted you because your first line is the exact reason that have filled their rags with the "offensive" song line. They don't want to acknowledge that we have hammered 2 teams. It's the reason Steve Clarke started all this nonsense. There is no way Steve Clarke was actually offended by being called a name. No he was offended that his team were destroyed by a strong Rangers side.

See the thing is it doesn't matter what we sing because they will hear what they want. Sunday is a prime example because the words were changed and they didn't listen to the actual song but perceived it to say bad words. It was the same a few years back when we were singing the Halliday and Holt song.  They thought the song was fck the pope and the IRA when in reality it was Jason Holt and Halliday. Nothing will change , even if we started singing children's bedtime lullibys, they will find it to be offensive somewhere. If they didn't find the songs offensive then they would do what they did on the 29th December and start looking at our team and trying to get our players retrospectively booked. They can't stand that we are getting back to doing what we do best and that's winning.

You have totally ignored the points made by myself and Gogzy.

19 hours ago, jintybear said:

What should we do instead? Should we sit there quietly and clap politely whenever we score? 

@gogzy I have quoted you because your first line is the exact reason that have filled their rags with the "offensive" song line. They don't want to acknowledge that we have hammered 2 teams. It's the reason Steve Clarke started all this nonsense. There is no way Steve Clarke was actually offended by being called a name. No he was offended that his team were destroyed by a strong Rangers side.

See the thing is it doesn't matter what we sing because they will hear what they want. Sunday is a prime example because the words were changed and they didn't listen to the actual song but perceived it to say bad words. It was the same a few years back when we were singing the Halliday and Holt song.  They thought the song was fck the pope and the IRA when in reality it was Jason Holt and Halliday. Nothing will change , even if we started singing children's bedtime lullibys, they will find it to be offensive somewhere. If they didn't find the songs offensive then they would do what they did on the 29th December and start looking at our team and trying to get our players retrospectively booked. They can't stand that we are getting back to doing what we do best and that's winning.

If only it was just the winnng. Try we are still breathing.

I would stay away from singing children's bedtime  lullibys. Strictly their territory, but that's ok for them. Sweep, sweep. Meanwhile we get slaughtered for singing a cleaned up version of the Stevie Clarke song and a banner wishing him well, even by some of our own!

Better we stick to candlelit vigils on matchdays as appears to be the desire of a few.  The taigs can then live in hope that we all burn ourselves to death, but no doubt in the end they will find something offensive in that too.

Next our very own appeasering snowflakes will be wanting us to lose, in fear of causing offence. Where does it end? Oh wait a minute, we're still breathing.

Not to worry, now that the slayer of referees, the one that is clean as the driven snow. That shining shinner example of all that is good and wholesome, in TLB being back at the nappy rippers, it will all quieten down and be back to a level playing field and we can get on with playing football.

Oh wait a mnute.

Archived