Morelos New Contract

Lloyd

5 minutes ago, doonald said:

Let's hope he bangs in a few goals and gets even more attention and recognition

I hope he can get more minutes this time and score to silence many people here because many people here do not want him in our national team.

3 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

How are the club making more money? 

A club won't pay more money just because there is a release clause there. If you think you can get about 10 million then a release clause of 20 million isn't suddenly gonna have people bidding 20 million.  All it does is cap the amount you can get if the player puts in a string of superb performances after signing a new contract and a bidding war starts and suddenly his market value is 25 million therefore above his release clause.

But that won't happen.  The release cause will (should) always be [relatively speaking] silly money.  If the player signs up to it when negotiating a new contract, then really no-one can lose.  However, if it is not done properly, then its a mistake by the club, but that's a different discussion.  You're saying no one wins, I disagree, caveated with 'if it is done properly' - of course there are / can be benefits.

31 minutes ago, denya said:

I hope he can get more minutes this time and score to silence many people here because many people here do not want him in our national team.

Both Morelos and Rangers win if he gets more minutes and goals with National team. Would get bigger transfer fee and hopefully bigger " sell on " clause.

1 hour ago, Gazza2258 said:

But that won't happen.  The release cause will (should) always be [relatively speaking] silly money.  If the player signs up to it when negotiating a new contract, then really no-one can lose.  However, if it is not done properly, then its a mistake by the club, but that's a different discussion.  You're saying no one wins, I disagree, caveated with 'if it is done properly' - of course there are / can be benefits.

Who's benefiting from the clause being silly money? How do we benefit from a silly clause instead of no clause at all?

15 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Who's benefiting from the clause being silly money? How do we benefit from a silly clause instead of no clause at all?

If it is too much, he stays, best option, if someone pays it, we probably get more than we would have if there was no clause. 

I get you don't like them, but it is not hard to understand that if managed correctly, they can be positive.