Morelos

jjbscotty12

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This the same Ryan Jack that was never sent off for Aberdeen yet moves to Rangers and it all changes? 

The same with Alfredo and Helsinki? 

Funny that. 

Jack had 3 or 4 red cards in nearly 200 appearances for Aberdeen. He managed to equal that in a season with us.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MK Dumfries said:

Sorry jcd but that’s pish. If another striker whether it be Defoe, laff or another forward we got in , the chances we create the way we play, somebody else could score them goals. It doesn’t have to be him!

Totally disagree MK because when Morelos is missing we struggle badly to score.  There is more to his game than goals.  His build-up play is excellent.  29 goals and 13 assists.    Lafferty has been woeful.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Totally disagree MK because when Morelos is missing we struggle badly to score.  There is more to his game than goals.  His build-up play is excellent.  29 goals and 13 assists.    Lafferty has been woeful.

agreed,  he has made and scored a ton of goals all by himself. He bullies defenders.  Lafferty and Defoe do not have that in their locker.

On 31/03/2019 at 19:44, Mols94 said:

No way we'll ever get anything near £20 million for him. Clubs will use his poor disciplinary record as leverage when negotiating with us.

I think we also need to remember that although he's undoubtedly a prolific goalscorer, those that may be interested in him will also be looking at the quality of the teams he's been playing against. And let's be honest they aren't exactly good. That's going to be a factor as to his value. Regardless, I'd punt him today for what we paid for him plus a Mars Bar and a bottle of full fat Irn Bru.

1 minute ago, Mesmer said:

I think we also need to remember that although he's undoubtedly a prolific goalscorer, those that may be interested in him will also be looking at the quality of the teams he's been playing against. And let's be honest they aren't exactly good. That's going to be a factor as to his value. Regardless, I'd punt him today for what we paid for him plus a Mars Bar and a bottle of full fat Irn Bru.

Possibly the silliest post I've seen all day.

It's a close contender to the one yesterday that just said they would release him now.

Just now, gogzy said:

It's a close contender to the one yesterday that just said they would release him now.

Last part is just silly.

But the rest of what he says and the premise behind it is true. Other clubs already don't pay too much for players in the SPL unless they've proven it on the European stage.

Not having a single goal against the taigs coupled with his shocking disciplinary record means I think we'll get about 10 million for him in the summer.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Clearly you don't get sarcasm. Anyway, I honestly don't care what we get for him (obviously the more the better), at least it gives the club money to invest in players who are interested in actually playing (as opposed to throwing tantrums and being sent off). Here's the bottom line: it doesn't matter how good he is, if he's not on the park he isn't earning his wage. He needs to go. 

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Last part is just silly.

But the rest of what he says and the premise behind it is true. Other clubs already don't pay too much for players in the SPL unless they've proven it on the European stage.

Not having a single goal against the taigs coupled with his shocking disciplinary record means I think we'll get about 10 million for him in the summer.

Fair point,  last part is clearly anger and sarcasm on my part, but I do think he needs to go. I think the club would take anything North of 8 mill tbh

5 minutes ago, Mesmer said:

Fair point,  last part is clearly anger and sarcasm on my part, but I do think he needs to go. I think the club would take anything North of 8 mill tbh

Depends on how many clubs are legitimately interested in him and how desperate we are to sell tbh.

People forget that we only bought him for 1 million so anything around the 10 million mark is still a pretty hefty profit, even if we all know he's worth more than that as a player.

His reputation has been shot to shit up here, mostly from the media but he hasn't helped himself, especially yesterday & I think that will have devalued him a bit as clubs will be able to say its a risk signing him.  

7 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Depends on how many clubs are legitimately interested in him and how desperate we are to sell tbh.

People forget that we only bought him for 1 million so anything around the 10 million mark is still a pretty hefty profit, even if we all know he's worth more than that as a player.

His reputation has been shot to shit up here, mostly from the media but he hasn't helped himself, especially yesterday & I think that will have devalued him a bit as clubs will be able to say its a risk signing him.  

Yep. Agreed on all points. I'd go further and say that I'm a bit sorry for him (but not that sorry) that he can't control his temper and he doesn't seem to "get it". By that I mean that the game is (sadly) about more than football. I bet Scott Brown woke up and thought to himself,  "Now how can I get Morelos to react..." It's all about the game. 

11 minutes ago, Mesmer said:

Yep. Agreed on all points. I'd go further and say that I'm a bit sorry for him (but not that sorry) that he can't control his temper and he doesn't seem to "get it". By that I mean that the game is (sadly) about more than football. I bet Scott Brown woke up and thought to himself,  "Now how can I get Morelos to react..." It's all about the game. 

I feel sorry for him that this all started because the taig loving media can't stand to see us with a quality player

But since the turn of the year my sympathy for him has gradually went down and yesterday was the final straw for me personally. Course Brown tried to wind him up but to react like that is just idiotic, especially when he must've been told all week to expect stuff like that to happen, walk away or go down and play them at their own game, don't retaliate the way he did.

Hope he has a good career elsewhere and happy that we'll make a hefty profit regardless but his times up for me here.

6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

D3DDKxCX4AEJZz2.jpg

This exactly.  Think for Fucks sake. Do the cunt in a 50 -50. Then keep doing him slyly till he reacts. Get him sent off. Cunt taps his ankle ffs then goes down from smelling Morelos armpit as he lifts his elbow. If it was other way round we would have loved it . Morelos took the easy way out cos he shat it. Same as every big game.

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Will Alfredo be availible for the next old firm game ?

If he is and gets picked he simply has to toe the line. He's already left the last chance saloon. Personally I would leave him on the bench and start Lafferty. At least he knows what it's about.

27 minutes ago, backup said:

Not all league games of course, but the value of 3pts is an analogy although I concede it may be a poor one, apologies 👍

No I'm meaning him scoring a winner is worth 2 points, not 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know where to post this but I think it's worth a mention. Such a kind gesture from Morelos and Halliday towards a young girl with month's to live, who is being cruelly taunted online.

'

STAY STRONG' Rangers star Alfredo Morelos sends letter to terminally ill schoolgirl branded ‘ugly’ by cruel trolls
Brave Kiara Buonomo has been battling brain cancer but has become the target of sick online jibes saying 'hurry up and die'

By Connor Boylan

Rangers star Alfredo Morelos penned a heartfelt letter to a terminally ill schoolgirl after cruel trolls branded her “ugly”. Brave seven-year-old Kiara Buonomo was diagnosed with brain cancer last year. It emerged earlier this month that the young girl’s family had received vile messages aimed at Kiara, saying “hurry up and die” and talking about rape. But today, Kiara’s dad Aldo Buonomo revealed his daughter had been sent a letter of support from her beloved Gers and signed photos of her heroes Morelos and Andy Halliday. The letter from the striker said: “Dear Kiara, I have heard you are an avid Rangers supporter and you have been going through a difficult time recently while in hospital. “On behalf of all the players and staff at Rangers Football Club, I would like to take this opportunity to send you our very best wishes and stay strong! Keep fighting!”

Kiara4.png?w=960

Gers7.png?w=960

Kiara has been given only months to live. Her parents made an online account to track her brave fight for survival – but it soon became the target of sick online slurs. Kiara’s mum Natasha Kinlan, 30, previously told how the evil jibes left her feeling “sickened”. Kiara was originally diagnosed when she was six after going to hospital with a shaky hand. Medics managed to remove 95 per cent of her 5cm brain tumour in a 13-hour operation — but this year the cancer came back, and there's nothing more doctors can do. It’s understood Police Scotland are aware of the cruel online taunts and are probing the comments

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/4111612/Rangers-alfredo-morelos-glasgow-kiara-buonomo-cancer/

Archived