Travel Club Memberships.

8 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Is this the first time it's been opened up to non season ticket holders? Cant say iv ever noticed it before but iv had a season ticket for as long as I can remember so maybe just haven't noticed! 

No it used to be open all the time for non-season ticket holders.

58 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

£50 and they’ll not run a trip until September if we’re still in Europe is a tad severe for non season ticket holders 

Haha, very decent point. Seem to remember the club e-mailing travel club members at the beginning of the season saying they couldn't secure a flight for Schkupi and Osijek (might even have been same for Maribor and Ufa...can't remember). Thankfully we stayed in the competition until the group stages but we could've been papped out meaning travel club members would've paid a fee for a service which couldn't be used. Remember paying my travel club membership last season and then we got papped out by Progres Niederkorn. I don't grudge giving the club the money but it''s a pain in the arse when we don't/barely get the chance to use the membership.

8 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Haha, very decent point. Seem to remember the club e-mailing travel club members at the beginning of the season saying they couldn't secure a flight for Schkupi and Osijek (might even have been same for Maribor and Ufa...can't remember). Thankfully we stayed in the competition until the group stages but we could've been papped out meaning travel club members would've paid a fee for a service which couldn't be used. Remember paying my travel club membership last season and then we got papped out by Progres Niederkorn. I don't grudge giving the club the money but it''s a pain in the arse when we don't/barely get the chance to use the membership.

Bang on mate , even the trips they did run only running day trips for a 6pm kick off was no good , couple of hours in the place especially Vienna which was cracking was nowhere near enough time , should have been an overnight option , day trip to Moscow 😂shocker that had to be cancelled eh 😂🙈, think if it’s the same this season I’m going to run the risk of no ticket and go independent, can soak up the atmosphere for a good 2/3 days with the bears see plenty of the city/town then if need be watch the game in a bar 

40 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Bang on mate , even the trips they did run only running day trips for a 6pm kick off was no good , couple of hours in the place especially Vienna which was cracking was nowhere near enough time , should have been an overnight option , day trip to Moscow 😂shocker that had to be cancelled eh 😂🙈, think if it’s the same this season I’m going to run the risk of no ticket and go independent, can soak up the atmosphere for a good 2/3 days with the bears see plenty of the city/town then if need be watch the game in a bar 

Vienna was the only European day trip I did this season. Thought just about everything about it was spot on (apart from the result and the total shambles getting into the ground and back onto the coaches afterwards...we were lucky nobody was killed in that crush. Rapid Vienna and our SLO should be brought to task for that layout and agreeing it would be safe for our amazing support). Lots of things to see, friendly locals and staff in the pubs and restaurants, policed very well (not heavy handed), tasty food and beer, fairly affordable etc. Compare and contrast the way our support were welcomed to Vienna with the way we are hated and villainised by all the bitter bastards around us in this footballing backwater. My dad and I even got interviewed in the street by a TV/Radio crew asking us what we thought of the city and about the game...no idea if it aired though. Really enjoyed it and would definitely go back again. Here's hoping for European trips as fun next season.