PC Gaming Build

DeanMK

17 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

I'll go for this defo. Bit of a learning curve building a PC 🤣

Any recommendations for cases?  I don't need one with fucking neon lights n shit just something functional 🤣 but there are a lot of options.

Building it and getting it up and running is generally the easy part, especially these days. Where most people fall off or lose interest is how much hassle Pc gaming can be with software/hardware issues along with general maintenance. It can be a pain in the tits and I’ve had many a sleepless night troubleshooting nonsense. This is where you will really start to learn.

After 20 years of it I’m very much happy to just be a console gamer again. 

RE case. Depends how much you are looking to spend. Since it’s your first build something spacey is ideal… nothing worse than working in a shite designed compact case.

25 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

I'll go for this defo. Bit of a learning curve building a PC 🤣

Any recommendations for cases?  I don't need one with fucking neon lights n shit just something functional 🤣 but there are a lot of options.

I wouldnt go for a full tower, try and get a mid tower ,aye avoid all the lights etc .Big intake fan on the front and a medium fan on the back,if you can a small top fan is also good. My case is a corsair 380t graphite but its a mini atx case and vented all around to get rid of the heat

I've hardly used this gaming pc since I got it.  Turned it on tonight and going to give it a go.  I've been having issues with is since day one tbh.  On board bluetooth doesn't work and I've had to use a USB adaptor for it, also my mouse keeps disconnecting every now and then for a few seconds then coming back on.  It's 100% an issue with the computer and not the mouse. 

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

I've hardly used this gaming pc since I got it.  Turned it on tonight and going to give it a go.  I've been having issues with is since day one tbh.  On board bluetooth doesn't work and I've had to use a USB adaptor for it, also my mouse keeps disconnecting every now and then for a few seconds then coming back on.  It's 100% an issue with the computer and not the mouse. 

The mouse thing rings a bell.

A couple of things to try - disconnect all other usb devices if there are any, and going to power and battery options in Windows and making sure usb isn't set to go to sleep at any point.

7 hours ago, blaudrup said:

The mouse thing rings a bell.

A couple of things to try - disconnect all other usb devices if there are any, and going to power and battery options in Windows and making sure usb isn't set to go to sleep at any point.

It’s only when it’s wireless it does this, but if I connect into the motherboard usb with a cable it works fine.  The keyboard sometimes does it aswell.  It’s 100% something to do with the motherboard.   Are the wireless connection and Bluetooth connection on the board connected or related in anyway?  They are both wireless technologies so I’m assuming so, can’t be a coincidence both don’t work properly.  Think I got in  January from Cyberpower, I’m guessing it’s probably too late to email them and get them to fix it free of charge. 

8 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

went with the corsair 4000D Airflow case and the Corsair RM750x PSU, last things I need are monitor and keyboard/mouse. Spent about double my inital budget :lol:

What GPU and CPU did you get?

30 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It’s only when it’s wireless it does this, but if I connect into the motherboard usb with a cable it works fine.  The keyboard sometimes does it aswell.  It’s 100% something to do with the motherboard.   Are the wireless connection and Bluetooth connection on the board connected or related in anyway?  They are both wireless technologies so I’m assuming so, can’t be a coincidence both don’t work properly.  Think I got in  January from Cyberpower, I’m guessing it’s probably too late to email them and get them to fix it free of charge. 

I reckon they could be separate. I had a logitech usb transmitter that would act up when something else was plugged into a USB slot and it drove me mad, even though everything USB was working.  Might also be worth checking it using one of the back USB slots as that will be straight on the motherboard.  And the USB sleep setting is 'USB selective suspend setting' in Advance Power Settings, just check that's disabled.

Bluetooth could be reinstalling the driver.  In Device Manager > Bluetooth > [probably Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth] check out the power management under right click properties.

59 minutes ago, GOAT said:

You will have gotten a warranty from Cyberpower. They have a discord you can join and try to get support. I've used it and they were reasonably quick to help with troubleshooting. 

https://discord.gg/cyberpower

Screenshot_20230730_114045_Chrome.jpg

On 30/07/2023 at 10:39, GOAT said:

Very likely it's a windows thing. Potentially something to do with power settings and the connection going to sleep and then taking a couple seconds to wake up.

I had the same issue with my wireless keyboard and it did my head in. If I didn't use it for a short period of time the first few key presses wouldn't register and then it would start. 

Tried so many things but couldn't find a solution. Ended up reinstalling windows for a separate reason and that happened to fix it.

problem. I installed the CPU and fan to the motherboard, went to install the motherboard into the case and discovered that the screws were missing. Do I need to remove all the components from the motherboard if I want to leave it until tomorrow? I've read conlifcting things on reddit saying I should remove the cpu fan, others saying its unnecessary if it's only for a day. 

1 hour ago, lidorfc said:

problem. I installed the CPU and fan to the motherboard, went to install the motherboard into the case and discovered that the screws were missing. Do I need to remove all the components from the motherboard if I want to leave it until tomorrow? I've read conlifcting things on reddit saying I should remove the cpu fan, others saying its unnecessary if it's only for a day. 

If those screws come with the pc case, is it possible you just haven't found them yet?  Some screws on case might be interchangeable too?

2 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Should put the power unit into the case then the motherboard on its own into the case before putting anything else in mate.

You'll get a full pack of pc screws for about a tenner on eBay btw.

3 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Any other clues?  Where is the other end attached to, and what does it say?  (It's from the PC case?)

it's attached to the case along with the front panel connectors, all the other ones say something (POWERLED+/-) but this one has nothing on it and I don't even see anywhere that it would fit. 

7 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

it's attached to the case along with the front panel connectors, all the other ones say something (POWERLED+/-) but this one has nothing on it and I don't even see anywhere that it would fit. 

Best guess is it's the other end of one of the case's USB-C inputs.  Not sure where it would go, but the motherboard may not necessarily have spare ports, or maybe need some kind of adapter to use the port (or a separate card).  Check out the motherboards USB inputs and see if you've filled them all, and how many you have.

4 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Best guess is it's the other end of one of the case's USB-C inputs.  Not sure where it would go, but the motherboard may not necessarily have spare ports, or maybe need some kind of adapter to use the port (or a separate card).  Check out the motherboards USB inputs and see if you've filled them all, and how many you have.

I've filled the JUSB3 port, there's two others that don't have anyting to connect to. It must be the USB-C 3.1 connector, I'm assuming my motherboard just doesn't have a port for it. 

image.thumb.png.f31bef2ae50c5e65431346acfc1c6bd7.png

3 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

I've filled the JUSB3 port, there's two others that don't have anyting to connect to. It must be the USB-C 3.1 connector, I'm assuming my motherboard just doesn't have a port for it. 

image.thumb.png.f31bef2ae50c5e65431346acfc1c6bd7.png

What's the motherboard then?  Might be it just had one and you used it from the back, say.  I believe there's some kind of adapter solution.  Even then if not some kind of cheap PCI card.  It's the one you want to use ideally.