PC Gaming Build

DeanMK

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Bought my gaming a few months ago and haven’t really touched it.  Finally decided to sort everything out including storage tonight.  So let’s see how it goes. 🤣

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

Nice one, what games are you playing? I've just been playing Tarkov lately again but been trying to get back in to overwatch. It's just incredibly frustrating sometimes.

What are your specs? Im looking at upgrading to a 4070 at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2023 at 00:29, FlippinEck said:

Nice one, what games are you playing? I've just been playing Tarkov lately again but been trying to get back in to overwatch. It's just incredibly frustrating sometimes.

What are your specs? Im looking at upgrading to a 4070 at some point.

Sorry just seen this.  Got COD MW2, arma3, cyberpunk and hogwarts legacy.  Started playing Hogwarts tonight. Graphics are class.

IMG_0179.jpeg

13 hours ago, DeanMK said:

I just bought the 4070ti tonight. Finally upgraded from my initial 2060 build.

Torn between a 3070ti and a 4080. Only rocking the intel i5 12600k but more than able CPU. Need to upgrade from my 1060

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Very different cards, one is £500, the other is £1,200. Probably better off meeting in the middle and getting a 4070ti for about £750.

Was a 4070 I meant sorry! Probably likely to go with somewhere around that range.

Just now, FlippinEck said:

Was a 4070 I meant sorry! Probably likely to go with somewhere around that range.

Price wise the 3070ti and 4070 are pretty much the same so i'd definitely go for the 4070. Quite a bit faster and DLSS 3 is a big plus.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-4070-vs-Nvidia-RTX-3070-Ti/4148vs4116

54 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Can’t get used to keyboard and mouse, I’ve changed keybinds on cod that normal for pc gamers?

All I tend to change is lethal and tactical explosives to my thumb buttons on the mouse and change crouch from toggle to hold. 

Apart from that not much I change. 

7 hours ago, aird said:

All I tend to change is lethal and tactical explosives to my thumb buttons on the mouse and change crouch from toggle to hold. 

Apart from that not much I change. 

Shift to run is just one pain in the arse to get used too. 

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

Shift to run is just one pain in the arse to get used too. 

You can turn on always sprint. Well in warzone you can. 

I've been playing mouse and keyboard so long I struggle with controller :lol:

On 29/04/2023 at 13:39, FlippinEck said:

Torn between a 3070ti and a 4080. Only rocking the intel i5 12600k but more than able CPU. Need to upgrade from my 1060

4070ti is a smashing bit of kit if you're open to paying the absurd price. I got mine via Very. They give you a 20% discount code that works on all their graphics cards if you open a credit account. Their price points start a bit steep but managed to snag a 4070ti for £720.

On 29/04/2023 at 23:19, GOAT said:

Can’t get used to keyboard and mouse, I’ve changed keybinds on cod that normal for pc gamers?

Can you not just use a controller for Cod? I struggled to adjust to keyboard and mouse when I switched over to being a PC main about 5 or 6 years ago, but I could never go back to controller. Mouse aiming is just so much better. 

6 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

4070ti is a smashing bit of kit if you're open to paying the absurd price. I got mine via Very. They give you a 20% discount code that works on all their graphics cards if you open a credit account. Their price points start a bit steep but managed to snag a 4070ti for £720.

I've only got a £500 limit on Very, wouldn't be able to stretch it that far! I've nearly finished paying off my CPU and Mobo on Klarna from last year so once that's done im gonna bite the bullet and upgrade. Need to find a new PSU as well.

18 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Can you not just use a controller for Cod? I struggled to adjust to keyboard and mouse when I switched over to being a PC main about 5 or 6 years ago, but I could never go back to controller. Mouse aiming is just so much better. 

I want to stick it out tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally biting the bullet and going PC in a month or 2 latest since Xbox game releases have hit a lull and I’m only really waiting on Starfield in the near future.

Anyone had a good experience buying an Amazon pre-built gaming pc from one of those brands like: cyberpower, ADMI or ViBox coming in @ £1-1.5k? Seems convenient but not sure the components will be the best suited.

Would PC part picking on something like ‘SCAN’ be ultimately better across the board?  I’ve never built one before, but have a mate near me who probably could do it no bother. @Jamie0202 @Iakona