The Most Unlikely "Out Of Position" Roles You've Seen Gers Players In.

tannerall

10 hours ago, TheMotor said:

Those thinking McCrorie at RB is weird may not remember, or maybe too young to remember, that Gerrard played a considerable number of games there himself early in his career.

It was also for the same reasons: too good not to be in the team but too inconsistent to be a first pick as CM. His athleticism, tackling and passing/crossing made him very effective.

Don't think it will hurt RM's game.

Seem to have this vision in my head that pretty much everyone we played at LM in Walter's second stint was played out of position. Felt most sorry for Fleck out there.

He played there at youth level.

8 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

he had henderson right johston left ,just back from an injury  and alec smith n08 davie smith at 10 and the big man at 9. i think bud got the injury at berwick after a clash with jock wallace.

Now I'm with you,mate! You are correct about wee Bud, as he was stretchered off with a broken leg after colliding with Jock Wallace in that January debacle at Shielfield Park.  I think you will find that Dave Smith was wearing the  #8 shirt and Alex Smith wore the #10 shirt in that final.

On 19/08/2019 at 19:31, MisterC said:

Damn, beaten to it. Reading all through the thread and getting excited as nobody had mentioned it and here I am pipped at the line....

Good answer though...

Lol that’s what I was like & was surprised nobody mentioned it.  

Was beginning to doubt myself that it actually happened.  

Grim viewing iirc !!

14 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Now I'm with you,mate! You are correct about wee Bud, as he was stretchered off with a broken leg after colliding with Jock Wallace in that January debacle at Shielfield Park.  I think you will find that Dave Smith was wearing the  #8 shirt and Alex Smith wore the #10 shirt in that final.

one of the best left sided defenders in years d.s liked scot symon but when he got it wrong he did it in spades ...valentine comes to mind

6 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

honest i cant remember his first name so 1/2 way thjere.

John Cheyne Valentine. A cunt of a name for a cunt of a player. Had to be one of the worst signings Scot Symon ever made in his 13 years as Rangers manager.

17 hours ago, Ozblue said:

John Cheyne Valentine. A cunt of a name for a cunt of a player. Had to be one of the worst signings Scot Symon ever made in his 13 years as Rangers manager.

very short career at →brox  then we signed willie telfer from st mirren  short term but he won his only medal a league winner 59  if i mind.

5 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

very short career at →brox  then we signed willie telfer from st mirren  short term but he won his only medal a league winner 59  if i mind.

Short career indeed, mate! Lasted one season with us and wouldn't have played a dozen games for us in total.  I think Willie Telfer was a  stop-gap signing for us because he was in his 30's when we bought him, but he did the job and you are right; he won his League medal in the 1958-59 season. I used to see Willie regularly when he was manager of Albion Rovers.