*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

They all made the keeper make a save. Getting it on target is the first priority 

No real power at all in the shots as i said too many times if fell to jack who's not got the confidence or the ability to shoot yes he will get the odd goal but its really not his game.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Tav frustrate the life out of me. Delivered a good ball for Aribo’s header and delivered a couple of decent other corners but his delivery outwith that are absolutely woeful  9/10 times, don’t care what anybody says. It’s a sheer lack of intelligence, the amount of times he got the ball, looked up and still over hit it to absolutely no cunt at the back post is mind boggling, would be as well shooting ffs. Thought Aribo was off the boil today but still got involved plenty, just wasn’t his day. Jones was nonexistent, no two ways about it, he contributed nothing. 

Bright side though I thought Helander strolled it. If there is to be a new partnership I hope it’s him and Katic. Barasic looked fine. Jack was okay at best. Kamara, meh, still not getting the hype tbh. Defoe should’ve buried that chance inside 3 minutes. Not a great game, nervy towards the end but we got the 3 points and that’s the main thing. 

I don't think it's Tav's fault there is nobody at back post ffs.  Kenny Miller scored umpteen goals at the back post.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because everything went through him and was always doubled up on. Now we're controlling midfield far more and camped at 18 yard lines. Kent has the trickery needed.

Kents getting better with evrey game he doesnt feature he was good against teams that opened up but not so good against teams who sat in.

Just now, Boybluesy said:

I don't think it's Tav's fault there is nobody at back post ffs.  Kenny Miller scored umpteen goals at the back post.

We dont have Kenny Miller anymore, do Tav needs to sort it out. All our forward players are small so he should be whipping in low crosses. Even putting them in just off the grass height would be a log better, would mean the defenders would have to put them out for a corner at best or maybe even score an own goal if one of our players couldn't get a toe on it.

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He also made a great cross for Arfield's glancing header. I watched David Robertson over hit a few crosses yesterday. When you don't have out and out wingers, those crosses tend to look bad.

Kamara has been off the boil so far but the hype is justified. He is good.

He did. So he managed to pick out Aribo and Arfield in 90 minutes. How many crosses did he have btw? 

4 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

I'm just happy because last season we would have drawn a game like that.

Good to be able to grind a result...whoever it is against

Walters title winning teams done it more than most.

Lost count of horribly tight games that were won by an Albertz screamer or a Goram wonder save to keep us 1 infront. Our uefa cup final team was build on grinding results. We have a different look about us this season. We actually believe we are going to win this league. 

Just actually looking, until the day st Mirren has the best defence in the league, only one conceeded, you can see why they were hard to break down.   That’s a good win for us on the face of it. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Just actually looking, until the day st Mirren has the best defence in the league, only one conceeded, you can see why they were hard to break down.   That’s a good win for us on the face of it. 

They were very organised, the keeper is decent. They knew we'd be tired and played for a 0-0 anyway. I'm more than happy we just found a way to win. 

Archived