Rebel

MacBoyd

52 minutes ago, Denton said:

The words

Is it all words or one word though.

The Killie fans sing  Hello Hello we are the Killie boys, the rest I’ve never made out.

It seems to me all they need to hear is us singing Hello Hello we are the Billy boys and they make their mind up the rest is sectarian 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Is it all words or one word though.

The Killie fans sing  Hello Hello we are the Killie boys, the rest I’ve never made out.

It seems to me all they need to hear is us singing Hello Hello we are the Billy boys and they make their mind up the rest is sectarian 

Killie and Hearts are allowed to sing their version, nothing stopping them

Any incarnation of TBB we do isn’t allowed, as blatantly unfair as that is

31 minutes ago, Denton said:

I don’t understand that, so the tune is not a problem, it can’t be Billy boys, so it must be the words fenian and blood, as has been said many times remove these and there should no problem.

If they don’t like the reference to the Billy Boys then they are getting it wrong, that name has nothing to do with any sectarian organisation. It refers to King William.

38 minutes ago, Denton said:

How do you know that any incarnation of the world greatest football song has been banned?

21 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I don’t understand that, so the tune is not a problem, it can’t be Billy boys, so it must be the words fenian and blood, as has been said many times remove these and there should no problem.

If they don’t like the reference to the Billy Boys then they are getting it wrong, that name has nothing to do with any sectarian organisation. It refers to King William.

Neither do I mate, just going on what I heard on H&H today 

25 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

This is why we need clarity on what is and what's not allowed.  TBB is one of the most stirring songs we sing and one we should be doing our utmost to keep even if it means a wee tweak somewhere .

Unfortunately it seems nobody at the club seems interested in finding out . 

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

1uite certain if we sing it with no offensive words we will still be pulled up for it

How does that work then?

Uefa sight us for  sectarian singing. We respond by asking for evidence of sectarian words or meaning in the song.

Uefa respond by saying there is none but we're going to charge you anyway?

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

1uite certain if we sing it with no offensive words we will still be pulled up for it

Manchester United fans have sang it for years in Europe and in England, uefa don’t have a problem with the tune.

David Murray wanted rid, so said the tune was banned, not uefa.