Roadworks for Livi game

SuperAli

I commute to and work in Livingston so was just to let bears know for the game that there are major roadworks at Junction 4 Whitburn, east and west bound of the M8. There’s the possibility there will be delays with bears commuting east added to rush hour traffic.

Just a heads up that if queues are bad eastbound I would recommend to go off at Junction 5 Shotts and along the B7066 then the B7069 then the A705. This is a pretty straight and clear road and runs parallel to the M8 straight to Livingston. On the way back westbound follow these roads back in reverse order.

For parking for the stadium follow postcode to EH54 6AX (Quarrywood Court). It’s a 5 min walk from the stadium and quick for getting away at the end. 

1 hour ago, SuperAli said:

I commute to and work in Livingston so was just to let bears know for the game that there are major roadworks at Junction 4 Whitburn, east and west bound of the M8. There’s the possibility there will be delays with bears commuting east added to rush hour traffic.

Just a heads up that if queues are bad eastbound I would recommend to go off at Junction 5 Shotts and along the B7066 then the B7069 then the A705. This is a pretty straight and clear road and runs parallel to the M8 straight to Livingston. On the way back westbound follow these roads back in reverse order.

For parking for the stadium follow postcode to EH54 6AX (Quarrywood Court). It’s a 5 min walk from the stadium and quick for getting away at the end. 

Was a nightmare this morning going eastbound and think it will definitely add time to your journey if you’re going to the game.

Shotts backroad all day long mate. 👍👍

Great post. Driving up tomorrow, would usually be getting the supporters bus, so ideal information! Cheers

14 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Your dad told me about it the last livi game, great for getting away quick👍

Oh yeah, I forgot I told him to tell you! You’ll still be fine as there are loads of spaces. Offices there are all closed about 5pm. 

2 hours ago, SuperAli said:

Will be taking the car through tomorrow, cheers for the heads up 👍

11 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Some laugh at night. Took me 2 hour tae get home yesterday and a left Edinburgh at half 3 lol

I know! It’s been a nightmare. I’m now going the back roads. Amey had a cheek saying that delays would be ‘less than 5 minutes’ when advertising the road works only for them to say when challenged that that was for off-peak traffic. Absolute joke! 

1 hour ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Livingston itself has no issues. Parking in the shopping centre car park and walking will be easiest. 50p an hour in either of them but one shuts at 6pm

Where I’ve recommended is just as close and is easier to get away from at the end. Shopping centre can be a bottleneck at times. 

• 1 month later...

Archived