Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

And why do you think that is? It’s obviously because nobody in our management team think they are better players than Tav and no matter how you are going to try and spin it and say that they have never had a chance to prove otherwise, they aren’t. There’s a clear pecking order at nearly every club in world football and we aren’t any different.

Then I never want to hear Gerrard say " you need to earn the shirt " because based on the last 4 months our captain has not. And that is not an opinion, it's a fact.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The problem I have with that is based on what? Flanagan played for Liverpool at right back who we have never saw in that position and Polster is someone you have no basis to make an assumption on ( neither do I ) ?

Flanagan would give the ball to world class midfielders to go create , our midfielders give tav the ball to create , Ive said it before if other players other than our full backs create by all means give tav a break , aribo jack Kamara Arfield will need to have a look forward though , not happening I’m afraid 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Flanagan would give the ball to world class midfielders to go create , our midfielders give tav the ball to create , Ive said it before if other players other than our full backs create by all means give tav a break , aribo jack Kamara Arfield will need to have a look forward though , not happening I’m afraid 

I remember two months ago, no-one would pass the ball to Barisic. That's a fact. And now, everything goes thru him. And yet everything still gets passed to Tavernier only for him to lose possession.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Then I never want to hear Gerrard say " you need to earn the shirt " because based on the last 4 months our captain has not. And that is not an opinion, it's a fact.

I’ve always thought that was nothing more than birthday card pish from Gerrard. Tav isn’t the first to not earn his shirt under Gerrard and he won’t be the last. He has favourites, just like every other manager in football does.

44 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

One is an international starting full back, the other played for 9 clubs (7 loan deals) by the time he was 23

If tav is a better fullback than barisic then southgate must be a cunt of a manager for not picking a right back whos better than the left back for the world cup runners up

Jbj, I don’t mind you at all but that is honestly one of the daftest posts I’ve ever witnessed on here, and yes I am aware I’ve made plenty before somebody else says it.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The problem I have with that is based on what? Flanagan played for Liverpool at right back who we have never saw in that position and Polster is someone you have no basis to make an assumption on ( neither do I ) ?

Flanagan played for Liverpool years ago now and was slowly dropping down the football pyramid before we signed him. He’s a useful squad player at best who Gerrard likes in the dressing room because he’s versatile and a strong personality and IIRC Polster is actually a central midfielder who can slot in at right back in the same way that Halliday can.

14 minutes ago, five stars said:

Tav needs our support as his confidence is low after his recent mistakes. Or we could all get on his back and kick him when he's down.

But how would that benefit Rangers?

What do you classify as getting on his back? Like I said, he’s not getting booed when his name gets announced on the team sheet or when he touches the ball so I’m not sure what it is the easily offended amongst us are complaining about? 

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Flanagan played for Liverpool years ago now and was slowly dropping down the football pyramid before we signed him. He’s a useful squad player at best who Gerrard likes in the dressing room because he’s versatile and a strong personality and IIRC Polster is actually a central midfielder who can slot in at right back in the same way that Halliday can.

Jon Flanagan is only 26 yrs old. He does not have the athletic ability of Tav but he has more bottle. Pick your poison. As for Polster, you seem to suddenly know a lot about him, have a negative opinion without actually seeing him in a blue shirt. I cannot say either way with him, I just think it may be an option worth looking because the present one is not working.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Jon Flanagan is only 26 yrs old. He does not have the athletic ability of Tav but he has more bottle. Pick your poison. As for Polster, you seem to suddenly know a lot about him, have a negative opinion without actually seeing him in a blue shirt. I cannot say either way with him, I just think it may be an option worth looking because the present one is not working.

Give me Tav over Flanagan any day of the week.

And no I don’t know a lot about him at all and I’m not pretending I do. It was widely reported that he was a primarily a midfielder when we signed him, google will tell you that, and even if he is a seasoned right back you don’t sign a player and then only play him what three or four times in the following ten months if he’s any good. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Give me Tav over Flanagan any day of the week.

And no I don’t know a lot about him at all and I’m not pretending I do. It was widely reported that he was a primarily a midfielder when we signed him, google will tell you that, and even if he is a seasoned right back you don’t sign a player and then only play him what three or four times in the following ten months if he’s any good. 

We will agree to disagree tonight mate, all I'm saying, you can't keep flogging a dead horse ( yes, slight exaggeration ). What I do know, young Nathan Patterson is our future RB in two years time 🙂

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

Like the moron in front of me today.

Shouting abuse at Tav everytime he touched the ball.

I find this extremely hard to believe. 

There is absolutely no danger some guy abused Tav every time he touched the ball. 

A few moans n groans but what do you expect when you miss a penalty...

Just now, five stars said:

Tav had a decent game today. Won a penalty and set up the winner. The level of criticism he receives on here is ridiculous, mainly from the same people who wanted shot of Morelos last year.

The stats loyal in full force. And for the record, Morelos is our best player in over a decade.

Set up the winner and won a penalty, had a decent game outside of missing that penalty. In saying that he needs to be taken off penalties for a while. 3 penalty misses out of like 5/6 is ridiculously poor. I have zero confidence in him scoring a penalty THIS SEASON. 

The misses against Feyernord and Motherwell could've cost us big time, if it wasn't for other players.

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

At Ibrox we need attacking full-backs to get forward and stretch the opposition box.  The need to get up and down the park and put crosses in to the box.  Barisic and Tavernier can do that.  Flanagan offers nothing going forward.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Flanagan and think he should be given a contract extension beyond this season.  As cover for LB and RB he does a very good job. 

Ideally the manager would bring in another attacking RB during the January window.  Not just as competition but to give Tav a break when he needs it.

Just now, TMB said:

At Ibrox we need attacking full-backs to get forward and stretch the opposition box.  The need to get up and down the park and put crosses in to the box.  Barisic and Tavernier can do that.  Flanagan offers nothing going forward.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Flanagan and think he should be given a contract extension beyond this season.  As cover for LB and RB he does a very good job. 

Ideally the manager would bring in another attacking RB during the January window.  Not just as competition but to give Tav a break when he needs it.

Watch the game and Porto and Hearts,..... his passes go astray. he loses possession. Time for my kip.

Archived