Rangers charity foundation proposed lease of ibrox complex

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Although it rules out the hopes of a fan zone on matchdays, upgrading the pitch and using it for other initiatives is quite promising especially for 750 quid a year, 

Ahhhh , this is a joke , why is it barred , anything that’s good for the fans is dismissed , I despise gcc

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Would’ve thought they would need to make more use of it than simply pitch rental to be honest mate. 

School holidays theress around 100 kids paying around 80 to a 100 quid per week for soccer schools.  It can be a wee goldmine for us.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

School holidays theress around 100 kids paying around 80 to a 100 quid per week for soccer schools.  It can be a wee goldmine for us.

We have soccer schools all over the country during the holidays mate. We held them on this pitch when it was the councils 

I’ve no doubt that if it’s left to the Charity Foundation they will make it a money spinner, it’s what they are good at. Just interested to see what they use it for apart from simply Football pitch rental. 

Heres hoping we do leave it to the CF and don’t let the commercial dept get a hold of running it. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We have soccer schools all over the country during the holidays mate. We held them on this pitch when it was the councils 

I’ve no doubt that if it’s left to the Charity Foundation they will make it a money spinner, it’s what they are good at. Just interested to see what they use it for apart from simply Football pitch rental. 

Heres hoping we do leave it to the CF and don’t let the commercial dept get a hold of running it. 

Yeah my point being if its our complex and we pay minimal rent then this is likely a better deal than us hiring the facility to run our courses. 

I think its great news, a great opportunity, be it by the CF or whichever Rangers dept.

42 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah my point being if its our complex and we pay minimal rent then this is likely a better deal than us hiring the facility to run our courses. 

I think its great news, a great opportunity, be it by the CF or whichever Rangers dept.

Honestly mate I wouldn’t trust our commercial dept with the kitty on a night out. 

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They used to hold training classes during school periods as well at tge complex, used to do the Goalkeeper one for a couple of years when I was younger it was really good and taught you a lot, small stuff like that could also be useful for money.

So we’re spending £250k to do up council property and Also have to pay rent but can’t do what we set out to do which was a fanzone,so how the fuck is this good business? From what I’ve read it will benefit the community,fuck the community they fucking don’t like us and are mostly taigs anyway,more fucking bridge building. If we’ve got money to pish against the wall then maybe try and renovate the fucking toilets or improve the surface outside the stadium something the fans will benefit from.

16 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly mate I wouldn’t trust our commercial dept with the kitty on a night out. 

It’s still a shambles but things appear to be going in the right direction with the new guy in place. Heard he’s really impressive & on a different level to those before him - not that it would be hard

18 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s still a shambles but things appear to be going in the right direction with the new guy in place. Heard he’s really impressive & on a different level to those before him - not that it would be hard

Great to hear mate, it’s been neglected for far to long. 

8 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

They used to hold training classes during school periods as well at tge complex, used to do the Goalkeeper one for a couple of years when I was younger it was really good and taught you a lot, small stuff like that could also be useful for money.

Agreed mate anyway we can exploit the complex to make money. 

i just hope we have someone that can think outside the box as well. 

Got to imagine Rangers have plans for this, it surely wont just be a "look at us" plan but something worthwhile

As much as the fanzone isnt allowed "well the drinking part is" theres nothing stopping them opening it up on matchdays and getting kids involved in playing the game, set up mini games etc

Archived