Leicester behind closed doors tomorrow.

Escobar

Docherty's next move is an important one. Apparently he played well in 45 minutes. He should be looking for a loan to a championship team.  Div 1 should no longer be an option. He isn't getting a regular game at us and the boy needs to let go of his dream in order to enhance his career.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Docherty's next move is an important one. Apparently he played well in 45 minutes. He should be looking for a loan to a championship team.   Div 1 should no longer be an option. He isn't getting a regular game at us and the boy needs to let go of his dream in order to enhance his career.

Should be a permanent transfer, not a loan. He’s not going to make it with us and we shouldn’t keep subsiding his wages so he can play somewhere else.  That maybe sounds harsh but we can’t keep loaning players out all the time.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Should be a permanent transfer, not a loan. He’s not going to make it with us and we shouldn’t keep subsiding his wages so he can play somewhere else.  That maybe sounds harsh but we can’t keep loaning players out all the time.

Was just about to post the same thing, no chance he's getting into our midfield in the future, be as well getting rid of him permanently. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I'm good with that.

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I disagree, loaning out players who the management team think has a future at the club is exactly what we should be doing. Docherty and McCrorie need to be playing games at their age.

Now if SG doesn’t think he has a future and we can sell him then fair enough, if we can’t sell him then only paying a percentage of his wages is better than paying all of them.

You wouldn’t be saying that if someone offered to pay 50% of that Albanian cunts wages!

25 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I have liked what I've seen of Docherty and would keep him although happy to let him go out on loan just now.   Certainly prefer to have him than King whose loan deal baffles me and Murphy who I have never particularly rated.   

8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I have liked what I've seen of Docherty and would keep him although happy to let him go out on loan just now.   Certainly prefer to have him than King whose loan deal baffles me and Murphy who I have never particularly rated.   

Agree with you on the whole, although he plays a completely different position to Murphy so not sure how that comparison works. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Agree with you on the whole, although he plays a completely different position to Murphy so not sure how that comparison works. 

I wasn't comparing him to Murphy just thinking about players whom I deem surplus to requirements and a drain on our finances.  I did notice in some highlights from Shrewsbury games that Docherty did some good work down the right side of the pitch.    Docherty's return of 10 goals in 50 games last season isn't too shabby.

49 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I wasn't comparing him to Murphy just thinking about players whom I deem surplus to requirements and a drain on our finances.  I did notice in some highlights from Shrewsbury games that Docherty did some good work down the right side of the pitch.    Docherty's return of 10 goals in 50 games last season isn't too shabby.

Still think that Docherty has the potential to be converted to play RB. Polster seems to be the current deputy for Tavernier but I’d like to try Docherty there.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Still think that Docherty has the potential to be converted to play RB. Polster seems to be the current deputy for Tavernier but I’d like to try Docherty there.

Why do I get the impression no-one wants to give Polster a chance?

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

I disagree, loaning out players who the management team think has a future at the club is exactly what we should be doing. Docherty and McCrorie need to be playing games at their age.

Now if SG doesn’t think he has a future and we can sell him then fair enough, if we can’t sell him then only paying a percentage of his wages is better than paying all of them.

You wouldn’t be saying that if someone offered to pay 50% of that Albanian cunts wages!

No I wouldn’t be but that’s because we will be lucky to find anybody to take him off our hands. On the other hand, Docherty seemingly has a load of clubs interested in him and at this point it’s unlikely he will ever make it with us so why don’t we just cut our losses on him now and move him on permanently, while that interest is there, rather than continually loan him out?

Just now, DBBTB said:

No I wouldn’t be but that’s because we will be lucky to find anybody to take him off our hands. On the other hand, Docherty seemingly has a load of clubs interested in him and at this point it’s unlikely he will ever make it with us so why don’t we just cut our losses on him now and move him on permanently, while that interest is there, rather than continually loan him out?

Of course no ones interested in him, that’s why I’d bite someone’s hand off to take him on loan and pay some of his wages.

It’s your opinion Docherty won’t make it with us, and you may turn out to be right, but at this moment that’s not the opinion of the management team (as far as I’m led to believe).

Docherty has qaulities for me, similar to a young Davis. I think he has potential and would like to see us loan him out. He hasnt had much of a chance due to our incredibly over packed midfield but with Davis age, Kamara possibly moving on i think there is a future for him. 

My fear is he goes for buttons and has a good season at a championship club then his value rockets. 

Look at what they did with Christie. We could do that with Docherty.

14 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Of course no ones interested in him, that’s why I’d bite someone’s hand off to take him on loan and pay some of his wages.

It’s your opinion Docherty won’t make it with us, and you may turn out to be right, but at this moment that’s not the opinion of the management team (as far as I’m led to believe).

I just don’t see how he’s ever going to make it with us now.

He was sent out on loan last season (which I agreed with) when we still had people like Ejaria and Halliday playing in midfield for us and since then we’ve only got stronger in that area and the calibre of player we will be able to attract is only going to get better as we continue to improve as a side and compete at a higher level.

He’s still young but he’s 23 now. It’s not like he’s 20-21 anymore. If we had plans for him I think he would at least be featuring regularly for the first team in some form or fashion, even if it was from the bench.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I just don’t see how he’s ever going to make it with us now.

He was sent out on loan last season (which I agreed with) when we still had people like Ejaria and Halliday playing in midfield for us and since then we’ve only got stronger in that area and the calibre of player we will be able to attract is only going to get better as we continue to improve as a side and compete at a higher level.

He’s still young but he’s 23 now. It’s not like he’s 20-21 anymore. If we had plans for him I think he would at least be featuring regularly for the first team in some form or fashion, even if it was from the bench.

You may be absolutely correct, but players mature at different ages, perhaps the players keeping him out will only be here short-term. You just don’t know.

I believe he is highly rated by Gerrard, as is Barjonas and McCrorie.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Docherty has qaulities for me, similar to a young Davis. I think he has potential and would like to see us loan him out. He hasnt had much of a chance due to our incredibly over packed midfield but with Davis age, Kamara possibly moving on i think there is a future for him. 

My fear is he goes for buttons and has a good season at a championship club then his value rockets. 

Look at what they did with Christie. We could do that with Docherty.

Has absolutely none of the football ability or intelligence that Davis had at a younger stage. 

Nonsense statement. 

3 hours ago, Big Al II said:

From what I've heard, he doesn't.

Archived