More of this please

Perth_Campsie_Ger

5 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Colin does a fantastic job at the club, he always seems happy to engage with fans no matter what football forum they use. He is also a legend for refusing to hand over the youth development money to Charles green etc

Sounds like the ideal person to have took over from jim Hannah as SLO 

18 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Sounds like the ideal person to have took over from jim Hannah as SLO 

He definitely would have been better than the one we have, the position should be up for grabs every couple of years with the fans voting someone in for the position imo. Its shite the one we have only wants to engage with certain supporters on certain forums. The slo should have an official account on all the fans forums actively engaging with fans or at the bare minimum posting info onto a locked thread.

1 minute ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

He definitely would have been better than the one we have, the position should be up for grabs every couple of years with the fans voting someone in for the position imo. Its shite the one we have only wants to engage with certain supporters on certain forums. The slo should have an official account on all the fans forums actively engaging with fans or at the bare minimum posting info onto a locked thread.

Great idea mate and your bang on 👍🏻👌🏻

On 21/11/2019 at 09:35, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Would love to see more stuff like this from people at the club.

Its absolutely right to be highlighting this. A negative story for the "Morelos miss" when in actual fact it was a 1 on 1 chance where the keeper made a good save. 

Then on the other hand we have this pish.

The original headline before they changed it was "Odsonne Edouard continues brilliant France form with outstanding goal."

He scored a penalty for the u21 team for fuck sake.

20191123_115847.jpg

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Even junior clubs publish programmes on match day so the costs can’t be that much 

0EE8BED0-1CB9-4B9C-8F31-AFFE1992C6FE.jpeg

Mate I have no real knowledge of how much this would cost but common sense tells me that running a weekly newspaper, paying for journalists to write in it and then printing thousands of copies to be distributed to news agents all across the country would have far more cost than a junior team printing what 100, 200 at most match day programmes every second week to be sold in house on match day. 

@The Dude Will know far more about this than me.

34 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate I have no real knowledge of how much this would cost but common sense tells me that running a weekly newspaper, paying for journalists to write in it and then printing thousands of copies to be distributed to news agents all across the country would have far more cost than a junior team printing what 100, 200 at most match day programmes every second week to be sold in house on match day. 

@The Dude Will know far more about this than me.

Competitions often insist clubs do a limited programme run so couldnt' say if it's the case for juniors. Digital is FAR cheaper and putting out a retail mag has a hefty cost involved that makes it really difficult to get started. I wouldn't be surprised if junior clubs etc have deals with local printers where it's a reduced price but there's not much value in a club mag if I'm honest.

Even just the nature of how people get news now has changed it, phones and internet have totally changed everything. I can interview someone and have it up and online within an hour and it's fresh, up-to-date content. If it's a weekly/fortnightly/monthly mag, there's so much can change in football that half your content could be dated by the time you sell a copy.

It's not really worth the time, effort and cost now. Print news is dying away and the best option for Rangers to do anything in print would be a full-on 'Rangers Kids' mag where everything is geared towards 4-12 year-olds. Having puzzles and shit.

Archived